When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2 Kilos In 5 Days!

Dutchy

I wish I had some French Oral comming my way :(

LOL, I always made that joke too.....too bad she's a 50 yr old french women......who likes to 'discipline' ;)

Oh and next month is my Spanish Oral......nope....not as good as it sounds, 55 yr old Spanish 'general' type

And I had my English Oral last month.....30 yr old......sound better? Nope, it was a dude.

I have heard that one of the best forms of exercise is swimming, as it exercises a lot of you bodies muscles without putting any strain on your bones/joints etc....

Worth thinking about :)

Indeed! I have a tiny pool, more for just 'lying in' getting rid of the heat. there's one at school but sun shines RIGHT on it ALL day, and I burn easily....sniff.....

Congrats on the loss Dutchy. I've been focusing on better health since the new year. I quit smoking, joined the gym, and dropped fast food and bad snacking out almost completely. I've been going to the gym at least 5 days a week. Doing about 4 of which on weight training and cardio. The other day or days I just do cardio for at least 30 minutes if not 40-1hr. The first month I lost about 20 pounds but now I've hit a plateau and can't seem to loose any more weight. I've done a lot of research on this.

Here's the basics.

1. Excercise is a must if you want to get the weight off and keep it off.

2. Muscle weighs much more than fat and burns way more calories than fat so when you start weight training you often do like I do and hit a plateau every few months because your gaining muscle mass.

3. Eating often is a plus. Snacking on cookies, chips, and cakes every few hours isn't what I mean of course. But small portion meals/snacks throughout the day depending on your body type. I like to have a protein shake w/ skim milk for breakfast. I'll buy a lunch plate from my grocer's deli and split that into two meals. In between I'll have an apple or some sort of fresh fruit. During class I'll snack on a Kashi bar or fiber bar. Peanuts, almonds, and walnuts all make good little snacks in a hurry. Cottage cheese and yogart are also good quick breakfast ideas and are high in protien. Its really much easier than you think to eat healthy. Also when you eat more often and eat less portion sizes you help to "boost" your metabolism and also reduce the likelihood that you will binge eat later!

4. Cut out the sodas and drinks, yes even diet drinks. Water is your friend. It helps you to hydrate your body and also helps to reduce the amount of fluids your body retains.

This is some of what I've learned. Many people and resources I've seen have also said if you are doing weight training/cardio to just stay away from the scales. They will only give you negative reinforcement which may discourage your progress. Instead track your weight loss by taking photographs of yourself, measuring your body in various places, and just noticing the simple changes in your physique.

Key point is to stick with it. I've been overweight basically my entire life. My parents were both overweight as well. Excercise and good diet were not ethics practiced in my home growing up. Now that I've started practicing them on my own I feel much better and will continue to excercise my entire life.

Cheers and good luck!

:victory:

Biggie, I don't know what to say!! Absolutely brilliant post! The photograph idea is a good one because I do hope to turn some fat into muscle rather than just losing it altogether. Secondly, your ideas on eating those specific foods brought great ideas as I can get most of what you said here (imports are restricted here greatly, thank god its mostly on sugar, something I wont need TOO much of anymore, lol). Anyway, I will keep that list dear to me as it's more than obvious you know what you're talking about.

Having something small to eat in between those 2-5 minute breaks or in the car in the morning or school bus in the afternoon is another fantastic idea and easy to take with me in my backpack.

Thanks again mate!