When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Pilot Chrono - wrist shot!

MasterLuke

Well, my IWC chrono just turned up, and let me say... wow! This really is something. I'll have to leave it to the serious photographers round here to capture just how great this one is in the metal, and no photo could really capture the weight, feel, and presence of the actual piece. Yes, you could find tiny details comparing with a gen if you really had to, but IMHO nothing that should detract from the overall impact, and your enjoyment wearing it.

Thought you might like a quick wrist shot. NB I have very slim wrists!

post-5139-1173968040_thumb.jpg

post-5139-1173968051_thumb.jpg

[can't seem fix the shrinking picture thing... sorry if there's fix I ought to know about!]

Edited by MasterLuke

Looks great!

Well, my IWC chrono just turned up, and let me say... wow! This really is something. I'll have to leave it to the serious photographers round here to capture just how great this one is in the metal, and no photo could really capture the weight, feel, and presence of the actual piece. Yes, you could find tiny details comparing with a gen if you really had to, but IMHO nothing that should detract from the overall impact, and your enjoyment wearing it.

[can't seem fix the shrinking picture thing... sorry if there's fix I ought to know about!]

Looking good! I can't wait for mine... it's nearly here, maybe tomorrow...

believe it or not, i sat next to someone on the bus yesterday wearing one of these, and was really surprised at how much i liked it (couldn't stop trying to sneak in a peek).....

before seeing it in person yesterday i thought it was a little plain, but i think the simplicity of it may be its main attraction....great looking watch

deltatahoe

Did you purchase this one from Eddie?

Thanks!

before seeing it in person yesterday i thought it was a little plain, but i think the simplicity of it may be its main attraction....great looking watch

deltatahoe

The black & white dial and the brushed finish make IWCs look rather plain in pictures. In person they really stand out. This is a great rep. :bounce:

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, Trunk21, it is from Eddie, I don't think anyone else has this.

deltatahoe and alt.watch.obsessive are right, it looks different in person, it's hard to catch it's charm and 'presence' in a photo... though I'm sure some expert around here will manage it.

I had the chance to do a quick side by side (or side by shop window anyway) comparison with a gen today. I'm no expert, but for those who'd like to know, here's what I noticed. The AR on the gen seemed a lot more effective, as you might expect, but then one was in a display case, it wasn't a very scientific test. Tiny differences to the join of strap and watch, nothing that makes any practical difference really. I would bet that the engraving on the clasp logo is a bit cleaner on the gen, I couldn't check, something you'd never see unless you had a really close-up look in good light. The real 'tell' is the day-date windows, as mentioned in Ryaku's thread. The font on the gen is much bolder, in fact you can read the day and date more clearly on the gen from 3 feet away than you can on your wrist with the rep. When you see the gen, this looks correct, in keeping with the boldness of the minute numbers and hands - this is a very easy-to-read watch, as you would expect from a pilot. However, viewing the rep in isolation, the day-date font doesn't jar as it ties in with the scale of the sub-dials instead. Actually, considering the slight (and outside of macro photos really not noticable on mine) day-date alignment issues that go with the movement, this might just be a blessing in disguise. With the bolder font, misalignment would show from across the room! As it is, the day and date really disappear into the background. But this is already the first target for modders...

So, overall, a very fine job indeed, the differences are minimal and the whole effect keeps the 'wow' factor high. I'm very happy with it and would wear it in any company. And better still, it's not a R*lex so I won't have to listen to people asking me if it's 'real' all day...

Hope everyone else's arrive soon, you have a good day coming!

Hi guys, nice to hear that another project has become a great success !!

As for photos, I can imagine it looks way better in reality but funny enough I fell in love with the help of a picture this time.

This is the picture of the GEN (found on timezone) that made me fall in love with this beauty....

217563-15278.jpg

Maybe the rep owners can try to make a similar one for comparison...

Hi guys, nice to hear that another project has become a great success !!

As for photos, I can imagine it looks way better in reality but funny enough I fell in love with the help of a picture this time.

This is the picture of the GEN (found on timezone) that made me fall in love with this beauty....

217645-15269.jpg

Maybe the rep owners can try to make a similar one for comparison...

Checkout photos of the rep here which is close to the photo shown of the gen from TZ.

@masterluke!

First of all: impressive watch!

Second: Nice to hear that you have received your watch from the famous EL.

I've ordered a IWC AMG chrono (if it's a killer watch I'll spend the extra bucks by having it serviced by the also famous The Zigmeister) but since i received a tracking number (which doens't give any results for over a week now) I haven't heart anything from EL :-(

But this message gives me hope!