When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you see any AR? Help needed!

notguilty

Calling all Breitling fans!

Guys I need your help in determining if this crystal has light AR or no AR.I see no bluish tint whatsoever with my naked eyes but the dealer listed it as having 'light AR' so want to make sure as Im going in for a double AR coat (more details in the watch repair section if ure interested) and it cant be done if this crystal has any kind of AR on it beforehand :huh:

Do you see any AR? If there is a cetain way to take pics to make it more noticable please let me know and Ill snap em...

221570-14321.jpg

221570-14322.jpg

221570-14323.jpg

221570-14324.jpg

221570-14325.jpg

Guys I need your help in determining if this crystal has light AR or no AR.I see no bluish tint whatsoever with my naked eyes but the dealer listed it as having 'light AR' so want to make sure as Im going in for a double AR coat (more details in the watch repair section if ure interested) and it cant be done if this crystal has any kind of AR on it beforehand :huh:

Do you see any AR? If there is a cetain way to take pics to make it more noticable please let me know and Ill snap em...

221572-14316.jpg

221572-14317.jpg

221572-14318.jpg

221572-14319.jpg

221572-14320.jpg

JUST LIKE MY BENTLEY THAT SAID IT HAD "LIGHT" AR WHICH I NOW KNOW MEANS NO AR AT ALL!!!

Light AR means no AR :thumbdown:

Single coated AR (on the insdie) can be seen on davidsens Pam's. There will be two reflections, one purple, and one normal. With inside coating you will still get some reflections.

With double coated AR (inside and out) it reduces all reflections so the crystal 'disappears' and gives very little in the way of any visible reflections on the crystal.

What you have there is a crystal without AR. I have a navitimer and it's exactly the same.....but not for long :whistling:

Light AR means no AR :thumbdown:

Yet a fellow member, when looking at my cheap 111h commented on my AR. What AR? Then I looked at his and saw that mine did indeed have some very faint AR on it, and it made a very subtle difference. Light AR isn't a myth, but just because they say it's applied doesn't mean it is. :whistling:

Hi Notguilty... the matter is very complex.

I have two Bentleys GT a Burgundy and a White/Cream dials.

I have sent the crystals to an optician for make the A/R.

He has told that a "first layer" is deposited on the crystals but

Actually your Navi does have "light A/R". I have the same one..well not the serie specialte, but a newer navi nonetheless. If you hold the watch in strong light...actually flourescent light works better for some reason, and tilt it back and forth, you can faintly notice a bluish ring near the outer edge of the crystal. My PAMS have a more obvious light A/R coating, but the Breitlings do have it...just isn't really that noticable.

Yet a fellow member, when looking at my cheap 111h commented on my AR. What AR? Then I looked at his and saw that mine did indeed have some very faint AR on it, and it made a very subtle difference. Light AR isn't a myth, but just because they say it's applied doesn't mean it is. :whistling:

I finally got the same cheap 111H but with sapphire crytal installed, and indeed, it has light AR (coated on the inside)... :victory:

Actually your Navi does have "light A/R". I have the same one..well not the serie specialte, but a newer navi nonetheless. If you hold the watch in strong light...actually flourescent light works better for some reason, and tilt it back and forth, you can faintly notice a bluish ring near the outer edge of the crystal. My PAMS have a more obvious light A/R coating, but the Breitlings do have it...just isn't really that noticable.

i have one from ruby and i can see it. there is a blue edge where the light is reflecting on the crystal and a blue ring at the edge of the crystal. it is very easy to see on mine in the sun and different types of inside lighting. it is about the same as the newest version of the 42.5 omega po. it is only on the inside of the crystal. not like the ultimate 45mm po which has it on both sides.

i have one from ruby and i can see it. there is a blue edge where the light is reflecting on the crystal and a blue ring at the edge of the crystal. it is very easy to see on mine in the sun and different types of inside lighting. it is about the same as the newest version of the 42.5 omega po. it is only on the inside of the crystal. not like the ultimate 45mm po which has it on both sides.

This is the thing though, the Ultimate doesn't have it on both sides, it is a single AR coating. I am pretty certain what is on the 42mm PO and the Navi's is an internal blue tint (ery very faint at that), it has no anti-reflective properties what so ever from I can see!!