When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where have I been

Finepics

Ladies and Gents - many of you will have noticed that I have not been around here for a while and some of you are getting somewhat anxious waiting for watches to be finished so I need to let you know what's been going on.

After having had the flu initially nearly 3 weeks ago I have been very ill with a viral infection that has left me with both ears badly infected . My ears are still blocked now and my hearing has been severely impaired. Also this has been rather painful so I have been unable to do watch work during this time. I have returned to my day job but am still tired when I get home and don't have the energy for the concentration needed. This is further complicated by a few other events that happened just prior to and during this illness - my car was damaged by a neighbour, so that had to be dealt with, then my hard drive packed up on my PC and I was unable to fix it until last night when I finally got i booted it up again. This has meant that I had no internet access for quite a while. Finally, as you know, I am living on my own for the next 12-18 months and trying to run the household has also had to take a back seat while I've been unwell and these are things that I need to attend to urgently.

So this is not meant to be a melodrama, and I don't need any posts of sympathy, but really to highlight that it's not a case of me not bothering. I would also humbly ask you to be a little more patient while I recover and allow me time to get things back in order again. The last few datewheels will be posted tomorrow - my apologies to those of you who are waiting for these to arrive. To anyone that emailed me recently I am trying to get around to you but the loss of my PC has meant quite an accumulation of emails and PM's etc that all need answers.

I just read this, several days after you posted it Mark. So I am also late in telling you:

- Welcome back!

- Take care!

- Really thanks for the DW, my watchsmith mounted it in a breeze and it is stunning!

- I'll wait that you feel better and are less overwhelmed with things to do before PMing you.

Mark,

I understnad you situation but you have had my date wheel for my 7753 for too long. The one you sent me was really bad and I cant believe you sent that out. I had joe send it back to you for a reprint months ago. I have emailed you a pm'ed you many times with no response. All I ask is for you to give me and an idea when I will be getting it back as I have had a 7753 daylight for over a year that I have never seen as Joe has it. Spend about $700 for the watch and about $400 on mods and you have my datewheel making it worthless to me. Some kind of answer is not too much to ask.

V

Edited by 2manywatches

Guest RiverwindMDS
hmmm,

I start to get worried about my 196 case /crystal too.

A short status update would be helpful.

Mee too, a bit, the pm is always full...

an I sended everything before christmas...

Glad your back Mark and my dial is great. Thanks! Some people are never happy whatever the scenario so I would'nt worry about it too much if at all!!!

You would'nt be happy either if you were in my possition. Im not a [censored], just tired of endless waiting and wondering if I should part out the watch.

Glad to hear that some members have gotten items from Mark. But I fear there are many more who have not and have decided not to post any thoughts for fear of backlash. I am one who is still waiting. While I understand Marks problems he should try to contact the members who have posted thier thoughts on this and other boards.

Hey Mark,

Glad your back in action. I know The Zigmeister has confirmed he is still waiting on my 063 datewheel and i'm just looking for an update. If there's a delay, just let me know but I can't PM you and I don't have an email address. I'm glad several members have received their datewheels, but there are several who have not. You're a huge asset to the boards, I'm just trying to have my watch emancipated from Canada...my 063 tells me that Rob and Jenn eat too healthy and he wants a ribeye steak back in San Francisco. He's also picking up a Canadian accent so if you could please send my datewheel to The Zigmeister, that would be FANTASTIC. :whistling:

thanks

dave

I'm still newish in all this.

I really sympathise with Mark for all the problems he's had over the last few weeks / months. I've actually spoken to him once and he seemed a great guy - confirmed by many of the comment in this thread.

However I like others have watches with Mark for some work. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if the gent is still actually alive and on the planet since he started this post. I've tried e.mailing and PM'ing, all to no avail. Boxes always full, coupled with his problems on the PC front.

I mean - what if the poor guy has cracked under all the pressure ? He could be huddled in a corner gibbering 'REPS, REPS, REPS...'.

or he could be out selling pieces in a local market......

or he could be .......allright - I'm gibbering mince..... :black_eye:

Anyway - anyone been in contact with Mark in the last 48hours or so ? What's happening, and has he fully recovered from all ails and illnesses ??? :g: