When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has the Cartel been broken?

andreww

Ruby has posted at RWI that she now has access to the HBB. Even she seems a little taken aback. Is this a sign that the cartel is making quick changes in policy in order to disprove the allegations? Maybe, maybe not, but the timing seems coincidental.

Hello everybody.

For some reason, i was unable to get the HBB for sale. But now, my new supplier inform me that i can have this one for sale. Is it a good news? I don't know. Be frank, it is not very important for me to get which one for sale. All i want to sell is the customer's interests. lol... I don't think sell a especial watch that means you are a super dealer. To be a super dealer base on your quality, service and honesty not a watch. Yes, just my opinion. lol...

I am not sure if i need to order this watch for sale. After all, it is an expensive watch. Give me your mind. If you are still interested in and would like to do business with me. Contact me by emails or PM me. No picture to see for now, but don't worry about the quality. There is only one factory produce this watch in the China market.

All the watches you order, you can ask me to take picture of the actual watches before shipping.

Thanks!

Ruby

Ruby has posted at RWI that she now has access to the HBB. Even she seems a little taken aback. Is this a sign that the cartel is making quick changes in policy in order to disprove the allegations? Maybe, maybe not, but the timing seems coincidental.

oh lord....

Or...perhaps she joined the so called cartel :whistling:

Just stop. Are we going to tear apart every dealer? This keeps up there will be none that will want to work with us. There are other places to go to sell watches.

It should be a perfectly fine thing that some dealers have this and some have that. It helps everyone to see a variety of sources. What does it accomplish if every dealer has the same products?

/Tim

I think it would take something very serious for the dealers to leave here, there's no better place on the net to sell rep watches than here, this is busiest rep forum bar none.

so is the price gonna fall (to sensible levels) on the HBB now?

they would not build replica factories in china for just 3 forums. Don't get to big of a head just yet friend.

It's not rocket science here gang...

A couple of dealers get together with a factory and commission a Watch...

They have exclusivity...

They commit to X numer of pieces and lay down the cash...

Watch doesn't sell as planned...

They release it to other Dealers to attempt to recoup there cost...

Simply put - Just business...

justmy2centsforwhatitsworth

TT

I think it would take something very serious for the dealers to leave here, there's no better place on the net to sell rep watches than here, this is busiest rep forum bar none.

so is the price gonna fall (to sensible levels) on the HBB now?

Do you think that the price for the HBB is too high?

Then don't buy it! There is no right involved that says you must have the newest releases at the lowest price. Think about it, doesn't it make sense that when there is a new release the price is higher and distribution limited? I suppose that Apple is going to sell me their new iPhone for $50 and I'll be able to walk up to my closest WallyWorld which has a mountain high stack of them just waiting for me. In and out in 5 minutes with my nice new phone that was cheap as can be. Riiiiiight........

/Tim

It's not rocket science here gang...

A couple of dealers get together with a factory and commission a Watch...

They have exclusivity...

They commit to X numer of pieces and lay down the cash...

Watch doesn't sell as planned...

They release it to other Dealers to attempt to recoup there cost...

Simply put - Just business...

justmy2centsforwhatitsworth

TT

Makes perfect business sense, i say... :whistling:

at over 400 bucks for a watch with one of the worst movements available damn right I think the price is too high, and I haven't bought it because I've been waiting for the price to come down, which was why I asked if the price will be lowered now.

jeez everyones so fkin defensive lately, and to compare a cheap chinese copy watch to an iPhone is just ridiculous.

Do you think that the price for the HBB is too high?

Then don't buy it! There is no right involved that says you must have the newest releases at the lowest price. Think about it, doesn't it make sense that when there is a new release the price is higher and distribution limited? I suppose that Apple is going to sell me their new iPhone for $50 and I'll be able to walk up to my closest WallyWorld which has a mountain high stack of them just waiting for me. In and out in 5 minutes with my nice new phone that was cheap as can be. Riiiiiight........

/Tim

at over 400 bucks for a watch with one of the worst movements available damn right I think the price is too high, and I haven't bought it because I've been waiting for the price to come down, which was why I asked if the price will be lowered now.

jeez everyones so fkin defensive lately, and to compare a cheap chinese copy watch to an iPhone is just ridiculous.

This is a typical situation of a new watch. It's been going on for years! new watch comes out, price is very high. Sometimes only Eddie had it for a month or so, than everyone can get it and price slowly falls.

Sometimes, watch is'nt a big seller and after first run, no more new watch.

Nothing new.........Cartel, shmartel!

I know you are partially joking. The point of my comparison was to say this is how marketing works. Something that Apple knows VERY well. So so you are saying that some dealers are using the same tactics that Apple uses, I'd say that's damn smart!

So will you be in the long line at the Apple store laying down your $850?

If you say yes, then why will you play Apple's game but not some guy that has a hell lot less money than Steve Jobs? If you say no, so why are you willing to wait out Apple to see when you can start picking the phone up on the cheap on eBay?

/Tim

Just stop. Are we going to tear apart every dealer? This keeps up there will be none that will want to work with us. There are other places to go to sell watches.

It should be a perfectly fine thing that some dealers have this and some have that. It helps everyone to see a variety of sources. What does it accomplish if every dealer has the same products?

/Tim

I think he is being sarcastic.

I don't want an iPhone because I've just bought (got free upgrade) the latest Sony Ericsson which I'm happy with for the time being, but if I did want the iPhone, even if I desperately wanted it, I would not succumb to the [censored] hype and be queuing outside the store for one with you and the other lemmings, I'd wait a few months until the hype dies down and the price drops, I've never been a consumer sucker and I don't intend to ever be one.

Oh and I wasn't partially joking, and I don't need a marketing lesson from you, thanks.

I don't want an iPhone because I've just bought (got free upgrade) the latest Sony Ericsson which I'm happy with for the time being, but if I did want the iPhone, even if I desperately wanted it, I would not succumb to the [censored] hype and be queuing outside the store for one with you and the other lemmings, I'd wait a few months until the hype dies down and the price drops, I've never been a consumer sucker and I don't intend to ever be one.

Oh and I wasn't partially joking, and I don't need a marketing lesson from you, thanks.

Yes , just like the ridiculous pricing on the newly released PlayStation3 in the UK that doesnt even have complete backwards compatibility with the previous machine as the US and Japanese version have! Give it a few months and the price tumbles to compete with the other machines.

I have family that works in an Apple store. Homie don't do no lines!

/Tim

IMHO, it is business as usual. Honpo started the practice of getting several month exclsive in return for committing to a particular size run. In return they get exclusivity for some period of time. Started with the 2893 PAM's. Then came the infamous 187. Now the HBB I guess. It has nothing to do with cartels. But by the way with the factories having geared for larger runs and demanding larger minimums for new watches (can be as large as a 1,000 for dedicated movements and as small as 100 for derivatives of existing watches) thank god for Cartels. It would be helpful if Cartels are honest, of course. ;)

Make no mistake, there is a generational change even at the factory level. Factories are getting more demanding in terms of scale and it dribbles down to distributors and then dealers. The average minimum order of anything even vaguely new is supposedly close to 50 pieces as I understand it from several dealers both here and elsewhere. This is why a number of the small dealers are either changing their strategy or getting out of the business.