When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Regular and Lite

I have 1 ultimate and 3 ultimate lite PO's (well 2, I gave one away). One of my crowns has stripped and the other two are showing the same signs. Anyone else having this happen. Seems like you have to screw them down less and less until finally, they just go "click" and then they're stripped.

Yep, have a problem with the crown in my pumpkin, waiting for Precious Time to send me a replacement crown (assuming he can get hold of one.) It's a shame because the rest of the watch (excluding the wrong logo with crooked placement and slightly loose clasp, on mine anyway) is great.

Having said that, I have now got a steelfish and that is in a different class again.

Same problem here. After taking it apart and examining the pieces I would guess that there are two types of POs

Those that are stripped

and

Those that will be stripped.

The threads on the inside of the crown tube are so fine that they are almost non existent. As it appears to be made of soft brass, I can't see any of these holding out for the long term.

My 2nd PO arrived minutes ago, and it feels remarkably tighter than the first one did. The first one would screw down 4 or 5 turns, but unscrewing about a half turn would pop out the crown. This one seems tight both ways. The build quality seems much better on this one also. Dial markers are good, logo is straight, and the pearl is perfect. Also the clasp is much tighter.

I'll be getting my watchmaker to size it up over lunch!

My 2nd PO arrived minutes ago, and it feels remarkably tighter than the first one did. The first one would screw down 4 or 5 turns, but unscrewing about a half turn would pop out the crown. This one seems tight both ways. The build quality seems much better on this one also. Dial markers are good, logo is straight, and the pearl is perfect. Also the clasp is much tighter.

I'll be getting my watchmaker to size it up over lunch!

i'm curious -- is this second PO also an ultimate lite? if so, who from -- josh or andrew (i just ordered an ultimate PO lite from joshua last week; i'm hoping mine is from a similar batch)?

deltatahoe

@Andreww: My Ultimate PO from PT requires 6 turns to both screw and unscrew. Definitely feels ok. Perhaps this can be some kind of indicator of the good/bad crown? I always feel that I'm the luckiest guy ever with these reps... I never get any kind of problems. :o

see tenacious_b's post here for details (looks like The Zigmeister thinks he might be able to get these -- he's checking into it, but estimated $75 for parts)

Well [censored]! Some guy already posted that he bought these and that the gen tube is threaded where it goes into the case, and already slides into the existing hole. I guess this option is hosed. Any others. Can dealers possible source these newer, supposedly superior crafted crwons and tubes?

post can be found here