When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Making a run in Guangdong

davee5

I wrote a GZ report last october/november. It's a great place for tools. As for reps, there is a lot of junk. Only very few dealers have some good stuff. I was able to get a IWC Ti GST Chrono that seems to be the same watch as our dealers (forgot, no more dealer section) carry. I saw a 4th PO which is also the same as what our old dealers carry. I didn't see any noobmariners but a whole of other crappy ETA submariners and rollies. The pannies were really awful and so were the Breitlings. My conclusion (could be totally wrong) is our old dealers have all the good stuff. Recently, I asked my brother who lives in HK to find me a Super Ocean or a Big Bang. He talked to everyone there and nobody has them. So GZ watch market is definitely a great place for the likes of us. Bring your watches to service there. It's really cheap. You can watch while you wait. It's a lot of fun. $6 to service a ETA. Might not be a full service but a good amount of parts are cleaned.

Anyway, the old dealers are way better way to shop for reps.

-Bert

Edited by bklm1234

• 1 month later...
A little late to this, but it came up in my searches, and I enjoyed the read. Thanks for sharing the adventure.

Glad you revived this thread... I had missed it the first time around, and greatly enjoyed reading about davee's experience and adventures! While reading along, I felt as though I was there with him... Great stuff!