When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

strap suggestions for EL's 3717

kidxer

Uhh, with my calipers, I measured 21mm (just like OEM).

Hktan's big pilot strap is the way to go IMHO. I am still waiting for my custom version that is 21x18. Black with white stitch. I saw a ceramic split seconds with this strap and I decided that I must have it with the 3717.

21mm is correct lug size.

I am currently sourcing a Kevlar strap for the 3717. Or perhaps a tight nylon or carbon weave in lieu of the traditional alligator or pilot strap.

So many options for such a great looking watch. What 's cool is that the standard IWC SS bracelet is really comfortable as well as great looking. But nice to have the option to change it up.

21mm is correct lug size.

I am currently sourcing a Kevlar strap for the 3717. Or perhaps a tight nylon or carbon weave in lieu of the traditional alligator or pilot strap.

So many options for such a great looking watch. What 's cool is that the standard IWC SS bracelet is really comfortable as well as great looking. But nice to have the option to change it up.

Cool... let us know what you come up with. Perhaps a group buy? I'm definitely in for a kevlar or carbon weave, as well as a solid non-tapering black leather.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Nice and thick strap with an aviation heritage has to be the Di-Modell Chronissimo strap. No contest, take a look at the strap.

Here is one on e-bay but the wrong size. You need a 22mm which should fit a 21mm with a bit of work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-18mm-Di-Modell-AVI...1QQcmdZViewItem

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest overboosted

Here is an email i just got from thewatchboys

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.. The fabric used has been discontinued and will be replaced by a rubber texture version of the woven material..

I have made them for Panerai watches and they have been quite popular.. Please see the pictures below. The straps are being made as we speak and will be available in about 1-2 weeks.

Sizes: 22/18mm, 21/18mm and 20/19mm, with black OR white stitch, made in the IWC style.

If you have any further questions, please contact me.. I can put you on our back order list

Thank you,

Kurt

The Watch Boys

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
just measured my 3717; it is 22mm at the lugs...

i think a BOB pilot watch strap could look pretty sweet on the 3717...

deltatahoe

@ deltatahoe Excuse me for beeing daft. But looking at this beautiful strap and thinking i must be in the collection. Please through me a bone, i have been looking at the only place i know (obviously the wrong place, waccex) where they sell BOB straps, and cannot find it. What am i missing ? where can this strap be found? Perhaps this is a noob question? then sorry :)

/Niller