When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tuesday Wristcheck!

eunomians

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been another 'death in the family'... :black_eye: I was trying to regulate my Planet Ocean (moving the correct lever this time) and it just died. I've taken it (and the Orange) into a jewellers and they're going to get back to me. I've asked if the if the movement could be repaired if it is fixable, and if it's not, then I've said they can use the Orange as a donor for the movement. They're going to be getting back to me about the costs and possibility. Another 'blow', was that I first tried the watchmaker who had fixed my Submariner before. Yesterday they said they wouldn't do anything with the project watch as they couldn't guarantee it would work, and they didn't want to charge for when they couldn't be sure it would work, but today, he denied (talking to his assistant rather than me) even touching the Planet Ocean and said he wouldn't swap the movements. Now, if he's got enough work that he doesn't have to take stuff like this on, good for him. Personally, I think he couldn't tell the difference between the 2531.80 yesterday, and the Planet Ocean today (neither on straps for ease of carrying) They said yesterday that although the could pressure test a watch, they couldn't actually do the waterproofing themselves. Call it sour grapes if you like, but I get the hunch that this guy doesn't really know as much about watches as he should, and didn't want to get involved with a mechanical movement for fear of totally wrecking it. (when I took my Rolex in last, I asked for it to be regulated and it never was) Seriously lost faith in the guy. As a result, I am 'in mourning', and, as pennance for killing the watches, I am forcing myself to wear this:

235036-11395.jpg

I shall wear it untill either my SMP arrives, or my Planet Ocean is fixed (told that could take 3 weeks)

Woke up this morning and once again, I could not decide what to wear.

So, in the end, I put this one on my wrist and I am very glad I did.

Watch info:

- Marathon Navigator Steel Wristwatch Dated September 1990

- Benrus Type 1 hands & dial

235137-11374.jpg

After a troubled few days, my black Planet Ocean is back on my wrist :thumbsupsmileyanim: As you will note, the second hand is shorter than the hand originally fitted (but I understand this shorter hand is accurate to the 42 PO) and the replacement crown has been swapped with the crown from the Pumpkin Twin...

235658-11328.jpg