When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone got the new replica 45mm PO rubber strap yet?

dangerman

I'm looking to get the new replica rubber strap for the 45mm Planet Ocean.

I saw it come out a couple of weeks ago from Silix but have yet to see anyone post pictures or a review. I'm still debating whether to go with leather or rubber, so I'd love to see what people think of the quality of the new strap.

I'm hoping this might encourage anyone who has one to come forward with their impressions.

Cheers

Dangerman

I'm looking to get the new replica rubber strap for the 45mm Planet Ocean.

I saw it come out a couple of weeks ago from Silix but have yet to see anyone post pictures or a review. I'm still debating whether to go with leather or rubber, so I'd love to see what people think of the quality of the new strap.

I'm hoping this might encourage anyone who has one to come forward with their impressions.

Cheers

Dangerman

I haven't got one on order, but I do have Omegas (in various states of functionality :D ) on rubber strap. (same strap, different watches) I would make your decision based on when you are likely to be wearing the watch and the image you want it to have. If you want it to look rugged, then go with the rubber. If you want it to look elegant and smart, go with leather. Another small detail, is I've yet to get either 2531.80 or Planet Ocean under a shirt cuff while worn on a rubber strap. SS bracelet, not a problem, but a shirt cuff? No go... Best of luck with your decisions :)

well it's worth 35.00....

Which is about 10x the value of your contributions to RWG so far.

Mine is still in transit..... I did opt for airmail though, and it is being delivered as part of a package of items, some of which were pending stock.

^^^ +10,000 :thumbsupsmileyanim::D:lol:

i have not ordered one yet but read on the darkside that those that have received theirs' are pleased.....you've probably read about it but they state the only difference is that the rep has dust stick to it where the gen doesn't....apparently the gen is made of a different material (pure rubber ?). they also state that the rep strap is very soft.

doc, is this true that the gen doesn't have dust stick to it? also, is the gen soft?

Edited by haveblue

doc, is this true that the gen doesn't have dust stick to it? also, is the gen soft?

Yep, that's right, no dust not a speck, smooth as a Jessica Alba's backside..... ^_^

As for soft, well it's hard to describe - it has a heavy duty inflexible construction, but is slightly soft to the touch. Another differentiatior from the rep is that water just evaporates off the rubber surface in milliseconds. Likely I'll get one of the rep straps myself soon just as a comparison - will post of course.

I have received the PO rubber strap in my last shipment from Silix. Some pictures and wristshots in THIS thread. :)

239417-10374.jpg

A nice strap, black strap fits well with the black dial and bezel. I discovered that some silicone on the rubber strap makes it less prone to dust.

I've had my rubber strap for a little over a month now, and It's definately worth it! Barely any dust build up, and it can take a lot of wear and tear. I wear it almost every morning. I live near the beach so it makes the PO a perfect casual watch, running watch etc. Good luck.

I got mine...but it doesn't stay in place. :(

I'm having same problem as this guy:

242985-9250.jpg

No offense but that looks awful...i have thin wrists too and have avoided this watch (although i love it) altogether. Very cool look but it looks like you borrowed daddy's timepeice.

JEC

No offense but that looks awful...i have thin wrists too and have avoided this watch (although i love it) altogether. Very cool look but it looks like you borrowed daddy's timepeice.

JEC

Think it's the angle of the pic. I have 6.7 inch wrist and yes that's not big but I think i can enjoy it, see other pic below -_-

243107-9208.jpg