When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tequila drinkers...

ahchard

i won't claim it is the best ;) but i drink tequila (straight at room temp and sipped from a shot glass) when i don't drink beer and my favorite is patron silver :D

i've tried lots of other brands and more expensive brands and the patron silver just has the flavor i like!

My method:

I sip Tequila, not down it

I prefer it in a tall shot glass

A little lime, no salt

Sometimes fresh Sangrita (in a tall shot glass) to sip with the Tequila

Brands?

Cazadores!!!!

Don Julio

3 Hermanos

If I'm in Mexico D.F. (Mexico City), Hornitos and fresh fresh Sangrita is wonderful!

i won't claim it is the best ;) but i drink tequila (straight at room temp and sipped from a shot glass) when i don't drink beer and my favorite is patron silver :D

i've tried lots of other brands and more expensive brands and the patron silver just has the flavor i like!

At $40 a bottle, the Silver Patron is hard to beat. I only hope that when I leave this life, I'll at least have a frozen Margarita in my hand at the time! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Tequila and me don't mix. Ask the local Sheriff's office. :whistling:

Im kind of a tequila collector

So here are my favorites

Dont even try to mix a margarita with this, if you want margaritas buy any piece of [censored] tequila you can find

Taquila Blanco o Plata (silver): Corralejo Blanco

Tequila Reposado: Cazadores, Herradura

Tequila Anejo: Don Julio 1942 Anejo (hard to beat)

Tequila Premium: Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia, Milagro

Im kind of a tequila collector

So here are my favorites

Dont even try to mix a margarita with this, if you want margaritas buy any piece of [censored] tequila you can find

Taquila Blanco o Plata (silver): Corralejo Blanco

Tequila Reposado: Cazadores, Herradura

These are all no doubt fine sipping tequilas, and I would never think about making a margarita with one of these. But I have to disagree with you about mixing just any cheap ass [censored] tequila(aka: tokillya) to make margaritas. Cheap [censored] like Torado, will kill you! We use Suaza 100% agave at $27 a bottle. The cheap stuff will give you a hangover from hell, where the good stuff gives you a hangover, how do you say, just a few degrees cooler. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Have you ever tried Tres Generaciones? Good tequila! I had a friend make us margaritas once with silver patron, and although I personally think it was a waste of an excellent tequila, I have to admit that they were the best margaritas I've ever had!

Reached my limit about 10 years ago, but before I stopped, my fave was Herradura. Mission Street in San Francisco on Cinco de Mayo, ahh... the stories some people could tell. I couldn't because I can't remember. Good times.... :cc_confused:

Reached my limit about 10 years ago, but before I stopped, my fave was Herradura. Mission Street in San Francisco on Cinco de Mayo, ahh... the stories some people could tell. I couldn't because I can't remember. Good times.... :cc_confused:

An excellent tequila and an excellent value is the Cazadores Anejo liter bottle at CostCo for $39.95. Hmmm, Good sipping Tequila.

Rogerwine

i really hate tequila...it's the only alcoholic drink that makes me vomit just by smelling it... :yuk: ...I can drink practicly anything...but tequila no way...I used to drink it since 3 years ago, was never a huge fan of it, but since then....no way Jose!

dunno what really made me hate it so much...what was the switch that brought to that...

Gee, I need to check in more often, topics I can relate to. Those last two bottles are always in my bar, at home and at the office, but also don't forget Centenario Anejo, the Gran Reserva is exquisite. I agree with ekhunter, any cheapo tequila will give you any cheapo headache. I have a rule, never drink cheap booze, if you're gonna have a headache, make it an expensive one.

Gee, I need to check in more often, topics I can relate to. Those last two bottles are always in my bar, at home and at the office, but also don't forget Centenario Anejo, the Gran Reserva is exquisite. I agree with ekhunter, any cheapo tequila will give you any cheapo headache. I have a rule, never drink cheap booze, if you're gonna have a headache, make it an expensive one.

Boy, that never drink cheap booze thing is across the board dead on. The worse two hangovers I've ever had was from Kamchatka Vodka(or as we liked to call it Komingatya) and some Torado tequila(if you can even call it tequila) . I'm sure it had nothing to do with the vast amounts of booze we drank those nights. That was back in the days when Modern Drunkard magazine was our bible. Boy were those the days back then, way back in the good ole days of 2006, it was crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew there was a reason why I liked you Omni...

:drunk: Ol' Friend...

TT

Michael,

When you stopped by my office to have a drink in the bar, you may not remember that all the handicap parking stalls were in front of my entrance door. Yet they still refuse to give me my handicap sticker for hollowleg syndrome, what a crime. B)

• 8 months later...

I'm more of a wine drinker these days...but just like my single malts, I enjoy sipping a nice, fine tequila. As many members have mentioned, stay away from the cheap [censored]...an excellent anejo like Herradura Suprema, Partida Elegante, Chinaco Negro, El Tesoro 75th anniversary, Don Julio 1942, Centinella 7 year old or the Reserva de la Famila will change anyone's mind about tequila.

I'm hitting 70+ bottles right now which is double my scotch list...so I guess I like tequila! :victory:

4 COPAS ANEJO

ARETTE ANEJO

CABO UNO ANEJO

CASA NOBLE ANEJO

CAZADORES ANEJO

CENTINELA 7 YEAR OLD ANEJO

CHINACO ANEJO

CHINACO NEGRO ANEJO

CORRALEJO ANEJO

CORZO ANEJO

DON EDUARDO ANEJO

DON FERNANDO ANEJO

DON FULANO ANEJO

DON FULANO IMPERIAL 5 YEAR ANEJO

DON JULIO ANEJO

DON JULIO 1942 ANEJO

EL CHARRO ANEJO

EL TESORO ANEJO

ESPERANTO ANEJO

GRAN CENTENARIO ANEJO

HERRADERA SUPREMA ANEJO

HERRADURA ANEJO

JOSE CUERVO RESERVA DE LA FAMILA ANEJO

MAESTRO ANEJO

MEZCAL DEL MAESTRO RESERVA ANEJO

MILAGRO ANEJO

MILAGRO SELECT BARREL ANEJO

PARTIDA ANEJO

PARTIDA ELEGANTE ANEJO

PATRON ANEJO

PORFIDIO SINGLE BARREL ANEJO

PUEBLO VIEJO ANEJO

4 COPAS REPOSADO

7 LEGUAS REPOSADO

ASOMBROSO REPOSADO

CASA NOBLE REPOSADO

CLASE AZUL REPOSADO

CORAZON REPOSADO

CORRALEJO REPOSADO

CORZO REPOSADO

DON FULANO REPOSADO

GRAN CENTENARIO REPOSADO

HUSSONG'S REPOSADO

PARTIDA REPOSADO

PATRON REPOSADO

PORFIDIO REPOSADO

ASOMBROSO SILVER

CASA NOBLE SILVER

CENTINELA SILVER

CORZO SILVER

DON FULANO SILVER

DON JULIO SILVER

EL TESORO PLATINUM SILVER

GRAN CENTENARIO SILVER

HACIENDA DEL CRISTERO SILVER

JOSE CUERVO RESERVA DE LA FAMILA SILVER

MILAGRO SILVER

PATRON SILVER

PATRON PLATINUM SILVER

PORFIDIO SILVER

I'm more of a wine drinker these days...but just like my single malts, I enjoy sipping a nice, fine tequila. As many members have mentioned, stay away from the cheap [censored]...an excellent anejo like Herradura Suprema, Partida Elegante, Chinaco Negro, El Tesoro 75th anniversary, Don Julio 1942, Centinella 7 year old or the Reserva de la Famila will change anyone's mind about tequila.

I'm hitting 70+ bottles right now which is double my scotch list...so I guess I like tequila! :victory:

4 COPAS ANEJO

ARETTE ANEJO

CABO UNO ANEJO

CASA NOBLE ANEJO

CAZADORES ANEJO

CENTINELA 7 YEAR OLD ANEJO

CHINACO ANEJO

CHINACO NEGRO ANEJO

CORRALEJO ANEJO

CORZO ANEJO

DON EDUARDO ANEJO

DON FERNANDO ANEJO

DON FULANO ANEJO

DON FULANO IMPERIAL 5 YEAR ANEJO

DON JULIO ANEJO

DON JULIO 1942 ANEJO

EL CHARRO ANEJO

EL TESORO ANEJO

ESPERANTO ANEJO

GRAN CENTENARIO ANEJO

HERRADERA SUPREMA ANEJO

HERRADURA ANEJO

JOSE CUERVO RESERVA DE LA FAMILA ANEJO

MAESTRO ANEJO

MEZCAL DEL MAESTRO RESERVA ANEJO

MILAGRO ANEJO

MILAGRO SELECT BARREL ANEJO

PARTIDA ANEJO

PARTIDA ELEGANTE ANEJO

PATRON ANEJO

PORFIDIO SINGLE BARREL ANEJO

PUEBLO VIEJO ANEJO

4 COPAS REPOSADO

7 LEGUAS REPOSADO

ASOMBROSO REPOSADO

CASA NOBLE REPOSADO

CLASE AZUL REPOSADO

CORAZON REPOSADO

CORRALEJO REPOSADO

CORZO REPOSADO

DON FULANO REPOSADO

GRAN CENTENARIO REPOSADO

HUSSONG'S REPOSADO

PARTIDA REPOSADO

PATRON REPOSADO

PORFIDIO REPOSADO

ASOMBROSO SILVER

CASA NOBLE SILVER

CENTINELA SILVER

CORZO SILVER

DON FULANO SILVER

DON JULIO SILVER

EL TESORO PLATINUM SILVER

GRAN CENTENARIO SILVER

HACIENDA DEL CRISTERO SILVER

JOSE CUERVO RESERVA DE LA FAMILA SILVER

MILAGRO SILVER

PATRON SILVER

PATRON PLATINUM SILVER

PORFIDIO SILVER

I need to drop in on the promotersf household sometime soon..... :lol:

I used to be a die-hard Scotch man, but Patron Silver converted me for good. I'd like to branch out into some lesser known labels though. Same thing with cigars, you can't just smoke Montecristos all the time.