When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cycling for a Cause

Muttsta

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Muttsa has only a couple of sponsors... Abrik, ( A company selling concreting tools! and a bicycle tyre company)

Well congrats firstly to both of them for being on board.

However, let's try to drum up a bit of clout for this great ride.

Firstly Muttsta... What brand of bike are you on?

Shoes? goggles? helmet?.... What else?

Let's see if your friends @ RWG can drum up some support!

Thanks for the support guys!

The bicycle I ride is a Cannondale, they unfortunatley do not sponsor charity events of this kind

Shoes: Sidi

Sunglasses: Bolle

Helmet: Bell

It's actually harder than you think trying to get companies to donate money, even if it is tax deductible! But if you do know of any that are willing let me know ;)

Actually Muttsta it is easy to get corporate sponsership they just need to see what's in it for them, I have no doubt if people from around the world as well as many from within Canada keep E-mailing Tim Hortons it wont be long before they start seeing those dollar signs in front of their eyes.

Ken

One of the keys is to get the proposal straight to the PR people - they will put two and two together, it makes life easy for them to have a story like this land in their lap, and as you say, when it's tax deductible too that's a bonus. Success with public relations means putting ready-to-run news stories in the hands of editors and journalists - and so success with securing funding from PR and corporate sponsorship is to think one step ahead and show them how easy it could be to promote themselves with it.

Also it would be great to get a local business on-board in some of the future towns you are passing through - you're speaking to the media in many of the towns anyway, they'll happily take the exposure.

Just my two cents.

Having a musical background myself and thus being part of many light opera's I remember those parties well, you learnt to stay away from the male singers as most were invariably gay (not that theres anything wrong with that) and the ladies were often hanging out for some male company :D

Ken

I got a reply from a nice lady at Tim Hortons today, she has passed the suggestion of sponsorship on to the marketing dept. but she truly sounded keen on the idea, so keep your fingers crossed.

Ken

I hope the worst of it (bad weather, cold rain, high winds, steep hills) is over for you, Muttsta....or at least not as bad as before....and little by little, you're getting to California!

Such a great place....

Wishing you continued success! :bye1:

Yes I'm sure you realise there are many of us following you even if only a few of us comment.

Ken

Nothing wrong with a silent admirer

I just hope that if you enjoy reading all my crazy stories and checking out my pictures you'll make a donation one of these days if you already haven't ;)