When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Increased Shipping Rates from Our Recommended Dealers

Tagger

:wounded1: I was just about to pull the trigger on the purchase of a value priced rep at $98 but then received a charge for shipping to the USA of $30!!!

This is way over board in my book , actual cost of shipping is probably about $10 so I would think even $15 is enough to cover the cost to put item from shelf into envelope and get on a bicycle and drop it off at the Post office.

Prices are getting a little out of hand in my opinion ( $600 for 7750 Chinese movement reps etc and $30 to have your paperweight delivered). I guess others feel differently since the market must be paying these prices.

Maybe it is time to pull the trigger on a used genuine....

really depends on which part of the world u live... I asked a friend who has business in China and he told me it will cost ~24usd to send a pkg (~1lb) From China to USA (east coast) via EMS.

If you think $30 is too much for a $98 watch....you can ask if the dealer willing to ship it by Registered airmail. The only different is no online tracking and will takes 4-6 more days.

Why don't most of our dealers offer standard post shipping as an option??? Registered mail??? It's slower but cheaper and almost foolproof. I suppose tracking is necessary to weed out the a-holes who would claim a no show delivery but perhaps they could offer it to return customers with a clean track record. I'd rather wait 2 weeks for my watch with the assurance it would arrive than sweat out the customs dice roll to get it in 5 days.

Just a matter of checking if they're making money with shipping charges.... I guess they're not... they'd better not :(

There is no reason why they should not be allowed to turn a reasonable profit on shipping. Shipping is part of the 'cost of goods' equation' and factors into the margin. As long as the profit is not exorbitant it is justified.

Why don't most of our dealers offer standard post shipping as an option??? Registered mail??? It's slower but cheaper and almost foolproof. I suppose tracking is necessary to weed out the a-holes who would claim a no show delivery but perhaps they could offer it to return customers with a clean track record. I'd rather wait 2 weeks for my watch with the assurance it would arrive than sweat out the customs dice roll to get it in 5 days.

Great idea, Dr. CC!

actually the cost of shipping has indeed gone up... i used to charge $25 for shipping to the states for EMS... but now it has risen to $30.. due to exchange rates and also the risk of posting replica items out.. recently the central government is under many pressure from WTO to deal with piracy and as a result, there are many seizure going on here... hence the shipping company has raised the fees..

i will stay away from airmail.. recently i had about 3 lost shipment with airmail.... yucks!

actually the cost of shipping has indeed gone up... i used to charge $25 for shipping to the states for EMS... but now it has risen to $30.. due to exchange rates and also the risk of posting replica items out.. recently the central government is under many pressure from WTO to deal with piracy and as a result, there are many seizure going on here... hence the shipping company has raised the fees..

i will stay away from airmail.. recently i had about 3 lost shipment with airmail.... yucks!

I have never experienced a lost parcel in dozens of standard post shipments from Asia. Strange

30.00 shipping charge from our 'trustyJoshSash' guys. I ordered from King.

jeff, surprise that now i am in the same league as the bigger boys.. BUT my prices always factored in shipping... even king's price factored in shipping... so there is nothing really as "free" shipping... its dealer who absorb the cost..