When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen bezel insert on Josh Perfect sub.

elprimerozen

Nice job sanding the gen insert! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Very nice sub you have there.

It is a terrific & relatively simple mod and looks much better in the flesh than the photos would indicate. The black of the gen insert is deeper and really brings out the dial. It was a night and day difference on my TW sub....ditto for the OEM vintage inserts on the MBWs.

It was a realy nice job to do...the result live is even much beter than photos!!

Any coments are welcome!

First are GEN pic and then REP

243764-9051.jpg

243764-9052.jpg

Gen then rep

243764-9053.jpg

243764-9054.jpg

Gen then REP

243764-9055.jpg

243764-9056.jpg

Gen and rep

243764-9057.jpg

243764-9058.jpg

Gen and rep:

243764-9059.jpg

243764-9060.jpg

Thanks forlooking people!!!

wow. that is incredible.

VERY nice!

elprimerozen, this is the current RLSS10005 ($328) listed on josh's site?

What is the difference between this watch and the $188 version?

What is the procedure for changing the insert on these watches?

Sorry for all the questions :)

Yes its the curentmodel listed now!(328$)

So here are some tips to snap on a gen bezel! First you can remove the bezel(all bezel) its easyer to work...you can find many topics how to pop out the bezel here!

Then you take out the rep bezel and clean out all the remaining glue!!!This is very important.

Then you will see the gen bezel is thick and does not fit flush with the bezel ring...it sits high!

So here is some pics to help you out:

Here is the gen bezel how it looks from under side:

243808-9028.jpg

Then try to grind out some material like that for start:

243808-9029.jpg

After a while it will star to look like that:

243808-9030.jpg

Then it will be like that:

243808-9031.jpg

The every time put for test the bezel on the bezel ring.....you have to make the bezel real thin to fit correct to the ring!!!And it may come almost to this:

243808-9032.jpg

Look how fat is the gen compared to the rep

243808-9033.jpg

243808-9034.jpg

243808-9035.jpg

I hope all these gave some help!!! :victory:

elprimerozen, i got the same watch and a gen insert too. The gen insert has a larger circumference. Did you sand the perimeter as well? I did which I regret because I could have pushed in the insert. Anyway, I sanded it so thin that it sits recessed in the bezel so no harm done sanding the perimeter 'cause it's not showing at all.

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

elprimerozen, i got the same watch and a gen insert too. The gen insert has a larger circumference. Did you sand the perimeter as well? I did which I regret because I could have pushed in the insert. Anyway, I sanded it so thin that it sits recessed in the bezel so no harm done sanding the perimeter 'cause it's not showing at all.

-bk

In my case the outer diameter of the insert was ok..i did not need to take out some material....but during the process its normal to take out some material from the outer edge of the insert...btw as i can read in your post youmust have done a realy nice job!Feel free to postsome pics of the finished product! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i sold the watch already but i did some CG mod

244440-8882.jpg

insert sanded thin, pretty flush with bezel lip, the lip was enhanced a bit (lightly sanded to make more defined)

244440-8883.jpg

superlumed (i keep the dial+hands+movement myself)

244440-8884.jpg

cyclop replaced to one with correct mag, noobmariner dial and a longer second hand

244440-8885.jpg

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

i sold the watch already but i did some CG mod

244511-8844.jpg

insert sanded thin, pretty flush with bezel lip, the lip was enhanced a bit (lightly sanded to make more defined)

244511-8845.jpg

superlumed (i keep the dial+hands+movement myself)

244511-8846.jpg

cyclop replaced to one with correct mag, noobmariner dial and a longer second hand

244511-8847.jpg

-bk

Ohh!!It looks realy nice my friend!!

Thanks for the great write up! I also have one of Josh's "perfect" subs, but was embarrassed to wear it because the pearl was so bad. I just got done demeling the back of a Watchmaterial insert and gluing it in. Wow, what a difference, it looks great! I'll post up some pics after the glue dries

• 2 weeks later...