When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

looking to buy my first PO...

HMSS013

still a newbie and im looking for my first rep. are the 5th version PO's @ WOMart worth the money? I've heard alot of good things about Paul... but there was that one guy that said it took forever to get to him... :unsure: i'm ok with the virtually unnoticable details... i just want one with good appearance and a reliable movement. (any comments on the ETA 2824?)

Usually the reps like PO's are sourced from the same factories by every dealer, so you should receive a very similar watch. The quality control between each watch does sometimes differ though! There are some watches such as the submariners where dealers have a variety of different options and watches available where that statement won't ring true.

I bought a PO from Paul a while ago, was a pleasure to deal with and the PO was brilliant!

do movements like these differ in quality between dealers... or are they usually a safe bet?

Usually, there's no difference, although Paul had a rotten batch a year or so ago, if I'm not mistaken. You should be ok though.

Adding to this....I am ALSO looking to buy my very 1st PO.

I'm looking at either the PO 42mm 4th Gen or the PO 45mm Ultimate. its a 10.00 difference in price. 228.00 vs 238.00

i wish i could see the difference, but my eyes arent as sharp as the omega experts in here. can someone break it down for me?

I know someone was complaining about the Logos. I do have a skinny wrist as well so its something to consider

O owned a 4th gen and have just ordered an Ultimate, so I cant give a great judgement until it arrives, but on the aesthetics....

In general the pearl on the Ultimate looks much better. It doesnt stick out and over the top of the silver ring like on the fourth gen. The minute hand was ever so slightly too short on the 4th gen, hardly noticeable. The clasp on my old 4th gen seemed a little flimsy, but from what I've heard the UPO has a very good level of fit and finish

However,

The UPO has the wrong Omega symbol (it has little feet that kick up, on the 45mm they shouldn't have the upturns) The UPO was having reports of the crown stem threading. Now this hasn't been reported for a while so hopefully they have fixed this problem, but it's something to be aware of.

So neither are perfect, so it all depends on what kind of flaws you can live with, and what size you want. I loved the 4th gen, only reason I sold it was because a friend wanted it so much. So I am replacing it with an UPO to get the next size up, and in my opinion it is the better of the two watches

I received an ultimate PO (45,5mm) two days ago. Purchased from Paul. Movement is an ETA2824 and it is a great time keeper. Watch looses 8 sec. a day which isn't bad. I opened the watch and the mvt. looks clean and lubricated as well. But: The bezel pearl is sunken and the case back doesn't show a textured and polished surface but looks rough, matt grey. I purchased a lot of watches from Paul for the the last two years and -yes- sometimes it is a challenge :whistling: But finally he always has been fair.

I was very disappointed with the 4th gen. 42.5mm PO. It seemed smaller than I thought it was going to be. My crystal was chipped inside. The clasp was total crap. The divers extension wouldn't stay closed, made it a hastle to put on.

At least for me, the UPO feels better on the wrist. It sits comfortably where the 4th gen. was so heavy and smaller, it seemed to flop around all the time.

My dealer let me send it back and exchange for the Ultimate 45.5mm PO. What a difference. The quality of the bracelet and clasp are far superior. The pearl on the UPO is not as good as the 4th gen., but looks great with a little work. Just a little dab of clear epoxy or glue brings it up flush as it should be (or at least gives it that appearance).

I usually deal with Trusty or Brand9avenue. I was going to buy from Paul at first, but wasn't sure about the WU thing. Seems complicated. Easier to just order with a CC for me.