When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My gift

KB

I know Dutchy's misfortune has touched us all and we are all helping out in whatever way we can.

Whether that is a watch, a donation or just words of encouragement, it has all overwhelmed Floris and made me feel so happy to be part of this community.

Anyway I have a watch........ a very special watch.......... and the first watch I purchased here

This watch has a very special meaning for me as it was purchased from Dave Gates and as such I can think of no better use for it than to be passed on to Floris who can now be the keeper of what I would like to think of as the 'Welcome Watch'

Maybe in time another situation will arise with a highly regarded new member and then Floris can pass on Daves 'Welcome Watch'

But for now this is your watch Floris........

24444-1267.jpg

Ken

PS.........I have your address :)

I know Dutchy's misfortune has touched us all and we are all helping out in whatever way we can.

Whether that is a watch, a donation or just words of encouragement, it has all overwhelmed Floris and made me feel so happy to be part of this community.

Anyway I have a watch........ a very special watch.......... and the first watch I purchased here

This watch has a very special meaning for me as it was purchased from Dave Gates and as such I can think of no better use for it than to be passed on to Floris who can now be the keeper of what I would like to think of as the 'Welcome Watch'

Maybe in time another situation will arise with a highly regarded new member and then Floris can pass on Daves 'Welcome Watch'

But for now this is your watch Floris........

24449-1266.jpg

Ken

PS.........I have your address :)

......Ok.......now Im speechless....seriously.....this is too much guys.

You are breaking up collections and personal funds over my misfortune. Your words, your motivation and encouragement were MORE than I could have expected. This truly is too much, I mean it.

I felt ashamed of what had happened, that it was my stupid fault that I used TNT, and considered to stop collecting even. However with all your words, PM's, posts, offers, donations, and support in general I will never stop. Ken, I am speechless, but couldnt leave this thread untouched.

I cannot believe it and once again, I will never forget this.

Thanks to all of you....

Floris

yes i know... but lets face it, i mean you are a kid unlike most others here. most guys here make at least 5k a month (which unfortunatly does NOT include me yet, but maybe soon :D ), if they lose a few 100 bucks, it will just make them mad, but it wont mean they have to work over time for the next few months!

but you are in high school! if i'd lost 300$ during the days of high school... wow, i'd be REALLY [censored]! and i'm not talkin about bein [censored], i'm talkin about being al gore after he found out he'd lost-[censored]! so its only fair i guess!

Edited by slay

Todays my Wedding Anniversary so I'm in a good mood....................however I don't think slay has noticed :D

Ken

well happy anniversary! and tell your wife too! :lol:

i'm in good mood too (after two beers and nothin to eat for the last 5 hours besides some kfc), but i dont think YOU have noticed yet ;)

yes i know... but lets face it, i mean you are a kid unlike most others here. most guys here make at least 5k a month (which unfortunatly does NOT include me yet, but maybe soon :D ), if they lose a few 100 bucks, it will just make them mad, but it wont mean they have to work over time for the next few months!

but you are in high school! if i'd lost 300$ during the days of high school... wow, i'd be REALLY [censored]! and i'm not talkin about bein [censored], i'm talkin about being al gore after he found out he'd lost-[censored]! so its only fair i guess!

Its truly amazing!

Hope that 'free beer deal' for everyone is still open slay, :p

Happy Anny to my good friend Ken may you have many more happy years to come, I wish you all the best.

And urge you to keep the sacred TT Sub, that is legendary, and we are striving to help out Dutchy as much as we can already I think that giving away a Dave piece like that which is sooooo sentimental is as Dutchy said VERY KIND but maybe a touch too far.

Chris

Its truly amazing!

Hope that 'free beer deal' for everyone is still open slay, :p

yesss, but no bottled beer :p well you can have the becks green lemon... i bought a shitload of it and had to sell it at my cost because aparently noone really drinks that stuff! but what the hell, i got TWO free BECKS fridges for ordering it :D

And urge you to keep the sacred TT Sub, that is legendary, and we are striving to help out Dutchy as much as we can already I think that giving away a Dave piece like that which is sooooo sentimental is as Dutchy said VERY KIND but maybe a touch too far.

The voice of reason. Ken, he's right, its too sentimental, its the thought that counts!

Thanks though my friend!

Floris

Ken- Happy anniversary to you and your missus!! Here's to 9 great years, and many more to come :)

Dutchy- Ken's watch is indeed a very special watch and one that I know he holds dear. Think of it like an heirloom being passed down. If the watch does indeed pass hands, treasure that one, and, maybe someday you'll pass it on to someone else as a gesture of good faith, gratitude and community.

Ken- Happy anniversary to you and your missus!! Here's to 9 great years, and many more to come :)

Dutchy- Ken's watch is indeed a very special watch and one that I know he holds dear. Think of it like an heirloom being passed down. If the watch does indeed pass hands, treasure that one, and, maybe someday you'll pass it on to someone else as a gesture of good faith, gratitude and community.

Ubi, its a watch I couldnt wear, I'd be afraid I would damage it.

The difference is that your watch Ubi as you stated it was lying at the bottom of a pile for spare parts, and you have been so very generous as to fix it up and even gone out of your way even more to make it look amazing.

However, that said, Ken's watch is a sentimental item, something thats his and should remain so. To me it would be a great looking watch from a great guy, but it would not carry the same sentiment it carries for Ken, I hope its understandable,

I just feel it NEEDS and MUST stay with Ken. This is not out of pride but out of moral, Ken, you need to keep this watch. Just imagine if it WERE to get lost in the mail or break at some point, it would be terrible, even worse than if it were to happen to a gift I get from you Ubi, for it carries such memories.

The thought is more than what I could have hoped for Ken!

Thanks,

Floris

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

I must say, after all the time I have spent on the old rwg and here. There really is a strong sense of community here. For a bunch of cheap bastards who dont want to buy genuine's, we sure have some of the most genuine people on the net. The genuine forums are nice and all but it is just not the same feeling as here. I think it is great seeing all the help being offered to Mr. Dutchy. I really dont think youu would see this on any other forums out there, atleast not to this extent. I give a real pat on the back to all those who offered this kid some help. It is so great to see that so many of are members are truly nice people. I am very glad to be a part of this replica community.

I must say, after all the time I have spent on the old rwg and here. There really is a strong sense of community here. For a bunch of cheap bastards who dont want to buy genuine's, we sure have some of the most genuine people on the net. The genuine forums are nice and all but it is just not the same feeling as here. I think it is great seeing all the help being offered to Mr. Dutchy. I really dont think youu would see this on any other forums out there, atleast not to this extent. I give a real pat on the back to all those who offered this kid some help. It is so great to see that so many of are members are truly nice people. I am very glad to be a part of this replica community.

Indeed. These people are amazing! I'll keep saying it, Thanks!

Floris