When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Rollies & a rare vintage knife

Jetsons

I not a hunter but I collect other things besides watches. Since we have knife affectinados in the forum, I thought to post this photo for fun. :)

Anyone familiar with this guy? The original hand made sheath is a nice clue. They sure don't make them like this today.

Jet

24932-1165.jpg

Edited by Jetsons

Thanks for the nice compliments gents. They are very much appreciated. :)

Speedy, it is a stag and the knife was totally hand made including the matching sheath. I beieve it is circa early 60s.

The sheath is actually a two in one design with the inner portion made of some very durable synthetic material. The top can be seen in the photo. The knive locks very tightly in the inner sheath.

The creator which was (and remains) famous for his workmanship, is unfortunately no longer with us. To purchase one of his knives, one would place a deposit and wait as long as a year for delivery. Amazing stuff!

Jet

Edited by Jetsons

The one in the middle...yea, that's the one. I'll take it! Ha Ha.

Great shot there Jestsons. And as Indy said...I love pics of watches with other hobbies. I have to get back to my photos as I used to do something like that.

Enjoy!

That is one amazing knife, Bob. The workmaship of the handle is outstanding. I have never seen anything like it.

I'm sure your son is certainly proud to own such a piece. That is one very, very fine gift.

My congratulations to little Nanuq! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My knife is a Harry Morseth creation who began manufacturing knives in the 1930s and thru 1971 when the company was purchased by AG Russell.

Regards,

Jet

Edited by Jetsons