When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix's New VC Ultimate Overseas

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruby says the same time frame for the 2824's. I am all in on this one, no folding now. If they can't come through I still have three or four others in my crosshairs, so no teary eyes here.

I have the fever for another watch I am chasing to keep me busy until this one comes through....patience.... patience.... It is a marathon and not a sprint...

Because it is keeping my watch from me! :) It is news for this particular model; I was under the impression mine was in stock. Speaking of which; I am not a big fan of being sold a watch that is not in stock. This is the type of thing that should be disclosed before payment is made. :thumbdown: I like jay & angel though; small blip that hopefully will be resolved soon.

i dont like that either.. to place an order and then be told thet he kept the watch runing for 48 hours to check it and the eta 2824 kept on stopping.. i ordered the white dial and still havent got a tracking no.

i hope i get one soon..

too bad the seller doesnt tell you this in advance and tries to cover up after.

It sucks so much..

i even asked for availability of a white dial and price before i pay. :(

i dont like that either.. to place an order and then be told thet he kept the watch runing for 48 hours to check it and the eta 2824 kept on stopping.. i ordered the white dial and still havent got a tracking no.

i hope i get one soon..

too bad the seller doesnt tell you this in advance and tries to cover up after.

It sucks so much..

i even asked for availability of a white dial and price before i pay. :(

Don't worry and please don't jump to conclusions,....

Everytime I did that with Silix it turned out that I was the one being paraniod...

Since I learned his ways... Jay has earned my trust and has never let me down since..

1st he did always check my watches for me by allowing them to run...

2nd I rarely got tracking but always received my watches....

3rd if you watch did not check out then, he would not send it ...but would not always hold my

hand,.. expecting me to know..

4th, the seller may have told him that he has stock, but then maybe some other

dealer or a shortage of movements prevented it from arriving on time....

Whatever the reason..and there could be many in this illegal game from

customs to manufacturer problems...

So don't allow impatience to allow you to burn your bridges..

You may want to cross back one day...

If you don't trust him.. then trust me.. I would not put my name on a post if it was

not something that I believed 100% and I have years on the boards to back me up....

Don't worry and please don't jump to conclusions,....

Everytime I did that with Silix it turned out that I was the one being paraniod...

Since I learned his ways... Jay has earned my trust and has never let me down since..

1st he did always check my watches for me by allowing them to run...

2nd I rarely got tracking but always received my watches....

3rd if you watch did not check out then, he would not send it ...but would not always hold my

hand,.. expecting me to know..

4th, the seller may have told him that he has stock, but then maybe some other

dealer or a shortage of movements prevented it from arriving on time....

Whatever the reason..and there could be many in this illegal game from

customs to manufacturer problems...

So don't allow impatience to allow you to burn your bridges..

You may want to cross back one day...

If you don't trust him.. then trust me.. I would not put my name on a post if it was

not something that I believed 100% and I have years on the boards to back me up....

Richard,

All of your points are well taken...especialy the last one. I for one would not have purchased this watch from Silix were it not for your unqualified recommendation. I must admit that over the past few days I have has some reservations, but you have been steadfast in your support of Jay and your admiration for this latest version of the VCO. Plus throughout the entire process, Jay has been very communicative and straightforward. He has even offered refunds to me and I believe others who have expressed concerns.

So I say, let's all sit back and wait and wear one of the several other nice reps we all own and love and hopefully Jay will start shipping next week and by the beginning of July we will all be wearing this fabulous new VCO. Thanks for everything RT.

OK, so then I will go for silix vco. Last summar I was very close to buy preciuos times vco with box(I really feal the need of an nice watch box to al my reps. But hopefully I will be able to find an replica box, or maybe an original vco box at e-bay for this one. I have decided to pull the trigger on this one now so I

It's not the same,.. different serial numbers...

It is confirmed there are more than one serial number for the backs of this watch. Jay told a couple of us there were multiple serial numbers involved in this watch. Some assumed it was specific to black and white dial faces, however never confirmed. I would be surprised if two manufacturers were getting this exact generation off the ground at the same time. Other than the serial numbers is there anything that leads you to believe it is a different watch? It appears to me to be yet another dealer sourcing the same watch. I suppose it could be another build with the same dial face.

OK, so then I will go for silix vco. Last summar I was very close to buy preciuos times vco with box(I really feal the need of an nice watch box to al my reps. But hopefully I will be able to find an replica box, or maybe an original vco box at e-bay for this one. I have decided to pull the trigger on this one now so I

Quick update, my white dial showed-up the other day. :animal_rooster:

Sorry I've been away and unable to take pics, but it is truly a great feeling and looking watch - it looks better in person than the photos I posted earlier... the hands, the dial color and the date bezel. The bracelet feels very nice and has a high polish.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I can.

Congrats on getting your watch. Glad to hear you're pleased.

Looking forward to the day I have the spare cash to order another watch. And also to your pics as well. Hopefully you do a better job than RT in the OP. :lol:

Just kidding RT.

Somewhat annoyed at jay for ignoring my email for 5 days.

After he said he had no idea of the time line I requested a refund - I travel and can't be bothered with having things randomly show up - and also I thought I was purchasing an in-stock watch and not watch futures. Sadly this behavior is becoming typical around here. He has always been good before; I hope he resolves this soon.

For those who are getting impatient look at the bright side. How long would it take you to save up for the gen? :lol: Although I haven't owned a gen VC overseas for quite a while (it has actually been made in various forms for quite a while) I can say that V2 was an excellent copy and hopefully this latest version will be too. I wear my white V2 reasonably frequently and can't wait to see the new V4 black version. I do, of course, have a spare black dial from v2 just in case I like that one better. ;) But patience can be a virtue. And yes, the SW would be every bit as good as the ETA.

Interestingly, this was my first order from Jay and I hadn't heard about the delays. Well, it will get here when it gets here. :) No worries. That is why we are here. :D

Good to hear Drop's news - I ordered my White VCO at the end of May , so maybe I will get tracking info soon !

If the crystal is one side AR coated, does this mean to get a double coating you coat the other side or do you remove the AR coat and get it double side coated ?

Check with chieftang on that although I believe that the existing AR should be removed first because it will melt in the heat of the other being applied. Not sure about the process though but believe I read that somewhere.

As well, the rep AR probably sucks compared to what you'd get via chieftang's guy.

Same here, payment sent 15 days ago but watch not shipped yet.

Frankly Jay has never been very quick in his business but lately seems a bit too slow.

In last mail i was told they would have shipped today... i hope it's true cause i really can't wait to get mine beautiful watch. :D

Patience..patience patience...

jay promised me if the watch did not ship by Monday he'll refund me the money but today is tuesday and i did not get my refund and he did not answer for 3 days now. Maybe i am a small fish in the pond but this kind of service will not get my business anymore. I am better off staying with joshua,king,Ruby from now on because they always keep you informed.

jay promised me if the watch did not ship on Monday he'll refund me the money but today is tuesday and i did not get my refund and he did not answer for 3 days now. This is my first and also my last. I am better off staying with joshua,king,Ruby from now on.

I won't conceal the fact i'm a little disappointed too but i'm sure Jay will ship soon.

Try King if you're very impatient, she has very good prices, as much as Silix's, and she's very quick and reliable.

You get the watch in 10 days at worst and if something goes wrong she takes care of you.

Top notch service, you just have to be very patient in communication as she's not very proficient in english.

p.s: maybe your watch has been shipped today but Jay didn't send any message. It wouldn't be the first time. ;)

I rarely receive replies in less than several days.. but understand that it's due to him working

down his backlog,..

We on the forum are not his only source of business,. and he runs several...

so don't take it personal or think he's ignoring you,..

He also takes weekends off,.. so if you e-mail Friday,... keep in mind

that unless you are in Asia,.. that is his Saturday,..

Regarding delivery times...

I think a few in this thread are being too impatient,.. after all, there are factors involved,

i.e. movement shortages,..a new release that many traders are scrambling to get in stock...

and though it's not his style to keep you informed every step of the way {for instance I rarely get

tracking}.. where Jay shines is price, & post service,... if you have legit problems, he takes care

of them for you without argument... and that is also I think how he prioritizes his mail replies...

Regarding trader comparisons, having purchased from just about everyone,...there were times

when circumstances made for slow delivery from them all,.. that's a part of the game,

and No trader is immune,..

But you Dvn... from your pm you only made your payment on June 5th.... so what is the

rush ?

Longest time I had to wait was nine months...and that was Not a Silix purchase...

but any delivery time under two months to me is normal.. and I know I'm not alone...

so let's keep this in perspective,.. and be able to separate your desire to have this piece

on your wrist asap, from casting doubts about the professionalism or refund policies of the trader...

It's not fair not only to him,.. but to others that may shy away from what could turn

out to be their best source...

I just received tracking info from Jay! My payment for the upgraded VCO was received by him on June 5. I hope the rest of you get the good news soon. I will let you know when mine is delivered. The wait is almost over!

Good to know though still no tracking n. or any confirmation for me. :D

Good to know though still no tracking n. or any confirmation for me. :D

He's been pretty good about responding to my e-mails. It usually takes a day, but he answers. The tracking number he gave me is now in the EMS System. The VCO should arrive in the US today or tomorrow and be here no later than Tuesday, if things go as they usually do. I can't wait!