When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Keith Richards

Why is Keith Richards wearing a $299 Stauer watch on the cover of Rolling Stone? At least a Swatch has some character, a g-shock or Timex Iron Man has some utilitarian use, but a poser watch?? I would figure that unless he has blown all of his dough on drugs and cigarettes hes got to be able to get himself something nice.

-O

Last week on the radio I heard....

Mick Jagger's worth $420 million and Keith Richards is worth $380 million.

Conclusion: There's just no accounting for taste.

Besides, not everyone can be like Eric Clapton and collect Rolexes!

I guess a dude that's worth $380 Million can wear whatever the hell he wants, and leave others to talk about it...

Actually, he could pay a few flunkies to wear some watches for him.

After all, time is on his side.

Anyone care to apply for the job?

How can a person be "worth 380 million"?

Proof that world is completely [censored] up... at times it feels like money is what everybody cares/talks about these days... and all this money crap gets pushed by the media... I've said it before... people have cash registers where their hearts should be. Pathetic. :lol:

Edited by By-Tor

Why is Keith Richards wearing a $299 Stauer watch on the cover of Rolling Stone? At least a Swatch has some character, a g-shock or Timex Iron Man has some utilitarian use, but a poser watch?? I would figure that unless he has blown all of his dough on drugs and cigarettes hes got to be able to get himself something nice.

-O

I doubt he would notice if his arm fell off most of the time!

Mr. Abramowitsch wear a plastic sport watch (looks like a nike watch)

but he wear it since some years? Is this watch realy a $20 watch? Or maybe one of this KGB secret multi functional watches (like on 007 movies)???

how knows? :g:

How can a person be "worth 380 million"?

Proof that world is completely [censored] up... at times it feels like money is what everybody cares/talks about these days... and all this money crap gets pushed by the media... I've said it before... people have cash registers where their hearts should be. Pathetic. :lol:

So true !

At least some rich guys give away a good share of what they earn...Maybe The Stones do too after all ? Who knows.

I like to think they do.

I like them so much eventhough they made me waste several hundred $$ on hotels and planes on their last tour cancelling some dates.

I am as far from rap and hip hop as anyone one soul can be, But back in school i had a classmate who was a big fan of a song called CREAM according to him it stands for Cash Rules Everything Around Me..

Not sure who coined the phrase..but i beleive that manty people live by such a motto. And i agree if that mentality could be changed or shifted we would have less problems in this world.

Of course we all need money to survive, it's just how important we consider it too be.

health>family>friends>money

Guest lcdr2007

Amazing, all the philosophical waxing on the nature of greed, excess, materialism, etc. And on a site devoted to individuals, willing to spend hundreds of dollars at a time on replicas of fine timepieces actually worth sometimes several thousands of dollars and which, when worn in public, by said individuals, give the impression to those who observe them, that they too therefore indulge in very same crass materialistic excesses they condemn here....Mark Twain and Ghandi must be having quite a chuckle at us right now.

P.S.

I hope no one takes offense, for I often find myself stuck in the same conundrum. I just thought it amusing.

I think the watch was just given to him by somebody at the shoot. "here wear this watch it will look better.He likely has never worn a wristwatch more than a few times in his life. Hey Keith - What time is it? "Ah...Who cares mate."

Combined with his age and the fact his brain cells are fried, we should be lucky he finds his pants in the morning. I'm not even sure he can tell time at this point.

Combined with his age and the fact his brain cells are fried, we should be lucky he finds his pants in the morning. I'm not even sure he can tell time at this point.

yeah but for $380MM he can always hire someone to find his pants and tell him the time. ;)

Keith Richards is wearing his Stauer watch because he's an investor with the company. That's why. Wearing the Stauer watches (which frankly are pretty nice for the money) for photo shoots gives the company added exposure. Like what you're doing for ole Keith by this posting....

God bless the Stones..

-O

Keith Richards is wearing his Stauer watch because he's an investor with the company. That's why. Wearing the Stauer watches (which frankly are pretty nice for the money) for photo shoots gives the company added exposure. Like what you're doing for ole Keith by this posting....

God bless the Stones..

Where did you hear this??

-O

This post was the fist I had heard of the brand, so firstly good on him for getting some free publicity. Second, as Beanboy said, for the money and a non-Chinese mechanical watch, they don't look too bad. Under $2,000 for a tourbillion!