When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

acceptable behavior from one of our trusted collectors?

deltatahoe

i ordered and paid for a watch from one of our trusted collectors on april 4th; it was to be sent via EMS. now i'm a patient guy, so i waited patiently, and when i hadn't received the watch after three weeks (or any confirmation that the payment had been received, whether or not the watch had been sent, etc), i posted here on april 27th inquiring about an update for the watch. the collector quickly provided an update that the watch had been shipped, but didn't provide the EMS tracking number at that time.

since that time (coming up on 4 weeks since the collector indicated the watch was shipped tomorrow), i still haven't received the watch. i emailed the collector on may 14th to see if he would provide the EMS tracking number, and given i hadn't received a response a week later i posted a new inquiry here on monday (may 21st) asking for EMS tracking or some sort of update. i still have not received any communication back from the collector with an EMS tracking number or the status of my watch.

so, here's a summary of the timing:

april 4th = ordered & paid for watch

april 27th = posted on RWG for update; collector indicated watch had been shipped

may 14th = emailed collector for EMS tracking

may 21th = posted on RWG requesting EMS tracking or update on watch

may 24th (today) = still no watch or response from collector

i intentionally haven't given the name of the trusted collector to this point, partly given non-VIP probably can't click through the links i provided, but mainly because i didn't want to influence people's view of the situation. regardless, most of you may have surmised by now that ttk is the collector i'm referring to. now i understand that ttk does not claim to hold people's hands or have great communication. however, since i've posted my most recent inquiry about the status of my watch, ttk has posted new watches for sale. to me, it just doesn't seem acceptable that he is posting new watches for sale while he has an existing customer with unresolved issues from an order that is nearly two months old. maybe i'm being unreasonable -- that's why i wanted to post about my experience here and get people's thoughts.

for the record, i'm not upset with ttk -- i'd just like to get an EMS tracking number or some sort of update on my watch. given it's been almost 4 weeks since he indicated it was shipped via EMS, i'm assuming it was snagged in customs, so i've pretty much written it off in my mind already. however, it would be nice to have some closure.

@ttk, i debated for a while whether or not to make this post, but to be honest, i didn't know how else i was going to get any kind of response from you about my watch.

deltatahoe

i think you mean dealer not collector :whistling:

i ordered and paid for a watch from one of our trusted collectors on april 4th; it was to be sent via EMS. now i'm a patient guy, so i waited patiently, and when i hadn't received the watch after three weeks (or any confirmation that the payment had been received, whether or not the watch had been sent, etc), i posted here on april 27th inquiring about an update for the watch. the collector quickly provided an update that the watch had been shipped, but didn't provide the EMS tracking number at that time.

since that time (coming up on 4 weeks since the collector indicated the watch was shipped tomorrow), i still haven't received the watch. i emailed the collector on may 14th to see if he would provide the EMS tracking number, and given i hadn't received a response a week later i posted a new inquiry here on monday (may 21st) asking for EMS tracking or some sort of update. i still have not received any communication back from the collector with an EMS tracking number or the status of my watch.

so, here's a summary of the timing:

april 4th = ordered & paid for watch

april 27th = posted on RWG for update; collector indicated watch had been shipped

may 14th = emailed collector for EMS tracking

may 21th = posted on RWG requesting EMS tracking or update on watch

may 24th (today) = still no watch or response from collector

i intentionally haven't given the name of the trusted collector to this point, partly given non-VIP probably can't click through the links i provided, but mainly because i didn't want to influence people's view of the situation. regardless, most of you may have surmised by now that ttk is the collector i'm referring to. now i understand that ttk does not claim to hold people's hands or have great communication. however, since i've posted my most recent inquiry about the status of my watch, ttk has posted new watches for sale. to me, it just doesn't seem acceptable that he is posting new watches for sale while he has an existing customer with unresolved issues from an order that is nearly two months old. maybe i'm being unreasonable -- that's why i wanted to post about my experience here and get people's thoughts.

for the record, i'm not upset with ttk -- i'd just like to get an EMS tracking number or some sort of update on my watch. given it's been almost 4 weeks since he indicated it was shipped via EMS, i'm assuming it was snagged in customs, so i've pretty much written it off in my mind already. however, it would be nice to have some closure.

@ttk, i debated for a while whether or not to make this post, but to be honest, i didn't know how else i was going to get any kind of response from you about my watch.

deltatahoe

Seems par with the course. I have had a collector send me EMS tracking within hours of payment, and received the package in 3 days from payment....and I have had the same collector disapear for weeks after payment, with no communication at all, but in the end I always have received my package...

Right or wrong, thats the way it seems to work, in the end all I really care about is getting a quality product, which I alwyas have (been lucky I guess)....in this game patience is a virtue.

My advise:

Change the title .... and maybe some of the contents of your topic.

Title your topic: TTK: WHERE ARE YOU ?????

No watch for me ?????

...... I think he will reply.

TTK responds better on "friendly" pressure rather than "direct hits".

Edited by AMK000

channeling TTK's writing style (maybe this will help)....

thanks everyone for the responses....maybe i wasn't clear in my post.....i'm not concerned about waiting a long time for my watch.....i'd just like ttk to give me an update about my watch......an EMS tracking number would suffice.....certainly a reasonable request......it's been a while since the watch has been shipped......4 weeks and counting!!!

channeling TTK's writing style (maybe this will help)....

thanks everyone for the responses....maybe i wasn't clear in my post.....i'm not concerned about waiting a long time for my watch.....i'd just like ttk to give me an update about my watch......an EMS tracking number would suffice.....certainly a reasonable request......it's been a while since the watch has been shipped......4 weeks and counting!!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

It's funny because it's true. He does... write.... like that...

Yes all this kind of things has to be listened by all of you as a warning regarding a collector or anyone else.

You should think next time before buying to the same person who has a bad review. However if you recieve your watch you have to tell us...

I think there is 3 kind of collectors

Nice person, really helpfull, a real community person, really passionate as all of us here and also a Good business man

Bad mood person but Good Business (perhaps too good,... that the probelm)

and the scammers....

pv007 dont let this give you a bad opinion of TTK. He is one of the best around, he checks the watch, he doesnt drop ship, and his descriptions are accurate. This is a mere slip up, and I am confident that he will respond. The original post by DH was not to criticise TTK on the board it was to get a reply from him.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

It's funny because it's true. He does... write.... like that...

Is that...some kind of...speech impediment...?? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

in the end i did receive my watch.....apparently my watch was one of the watches snagged by thai customs......ttk eventually contacted me about the watch; he sent a replacement out on 6/5/07, which was received on 6/11/07.

many thanks to ttk for making things right :victory:

deltatahoe

in the end i did receive my watch.....apparently my watch was one of the watches snagged by thai customs......ttk eventually contacted me about the watch; he sent a replacement out on 6/5/07, which was received on 6/11/07.

deltatahoe

Excellent, good to hear.

deltatahoe

Happy to hear you got your toy.

TTK has been for years one of the best collectors. He has a great knowledge on how to find high quality products for much less than you would imagine... and yes, he has been always an artist checking people's patient limits :)... so i would say TTK is only for mature and well balanced people :D

We have all heard this same type of story before.

Their is no question TTK is an honorable man and does deliver.

The issue I hear from this and other members is the delivery time.

We are quite use to this 5 -10 day delivery time from many collectors.

Hence, we assume this is the delivery time frame standard for every collector.

A quiet statement such as "my standard delivery time 60 to 90 days", or some such, would I think put this issue to rest.

I know it is hard to be patient when you are waiting for your latest new toy to arrive.

I am right there with you boys.

:victory:

We have all heard this same type of story before.

Their is no question TTK is an honorable man and does deliver.

The issue I hear from this and other members is the delivery time.

We are quite use to this 5 -10 day delivery time from many collectors.

Hence, we assume this is the delivery time frame standard for every collector.

A quiet statement such as "my standard delivery time 60 to 90 days", or some such, would I think put this issue to rest.

I know it is hard to be patient when you are waiting for your latest new toy to arrive.

I am right there with you boys.

:victory:

I don't think anyone would order from a dealer who openly declared a 2-3 month delivery time.

deltatahoe

He has a long standing track record of doing exactly that.... making things right. So, no surprise here. Enjoy your new toy.