When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RXW

swdivad

I've been on the edge of buying the Plasmir Milgraph from RXW... I have been on the waiting list for some time now and my number has come up.

I like it and it seems like a good quality watch. I am trying to get larger images of these.

26054-909.jpg

Thanks Andrew...

I have been put on the short list of 50 International buyers for a special price, the above picture I can get for under 1000 where it normally goes for over 1500, pso I may jump at this one.

It has tritium gas tubes, like the Ball watches, which glow like crazy, I'm just a little unsure of the 40mm size.

Hi David,

I just gotten an email from the folks at Ken Trading too. Seems like the 2 counters are unstable and no longer up for release + production.

Which pretty much leaves the potential customers with the 7750 Chrono movement.

For under $ 1000, I reckon this will be quite a good buy...been contemplating for the past 2 hours too.

Decisions, decisions...

:)

Hi David,

I just gotten an email from the folks at Ken Trading too. Seems like the 2 counters are unstable and no longer up for release + production.

Which pretty much leaves the potential customers with the 7750 Chrono movement.

For under $ 1000, I reckon this will be quite a good buy...been contemplating for the past 2 hours too.

Decisions, decisions...

:)

You mean the chronograph functions are unstable?

It shouldnt be, right?

Andrew

Well... just ordered one... I'm all excited now!!! :Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

If anyone wants these, contact me and we'll see what we can do. If there's enough interest, maybe we can get a discount on the discount, but I wouldn't be too hopeful as they normally sell these at $1580.

:victory:

but I heard from Paneristi..this company being sued by panerai...becoz of the design things....and dont you guys think they look like fake panerai too ? ....just a thought ...

They were already sued by Richemont for the MM20, and lost, they had to stop production/sales of that model and now the MM20 is getting good money amongst some circles.

I think the one I ordered resembles parts of Panerai, but the case is unique. It's 40mm, so I'll see how I like it when it arrives. If it's too small, I'm sure I'll be able to find it a good home.

Cool..i hope you will enjoy it ...with 40mm ...should be find i think ...its just you have to get used to it ...well anyway...enjoy ur new watch...Im still figuring out what i want to add in my collection..but ..everyone near me...already ask me to stop my watchmaniac thing.... :(:(

I love the looks of the watch, but .. and please don't take this the wrong way,.. it's just me,..

Though most companies, no matter their status do a bit of style stealing, this knock off thing

is like buying a legal replica by changing the name.

I hate the concept of it, and it happens even with cars,..especially Japanese and Korean autos

taking the styles of the Europeans.

Look it's a Jag,.. No,.. it was just a Hyundai,..

Anyone that knows watches will think it's a Pam, until they get a closer look at the face, then

that glazed look will come,.. 'Oh,..Nice watch'...

Happens to me all the time,.. I think a spot a great Rolex, then,.. it's an Invicta.

I can see the bold case design, and it's a great looking piece,. but I would not pay that much

for a knock off, even with the swiss 7750.

That's why the prices on most style stealers are very low, even though they have complications

and swiss movements that make us green with envy....

IMOP ..

I love the looks of the watch, but .. and please don't take this the wrong way,.. it's just me,..

Though most companies, no matter their status do a bit of style stealing, this knock off thing

I hate the concept of it, and it happens even with cars,..especially Japanese and Korean autos

Anyone that knows watches will think it's a Pam, until they get a closer look at the face, then

Happens to me all the time,.. I think a spot a great Rolex, then,.. it's an Invicta.

I can see the bold case design, and it's a great looking piece,. but I would not pay that much

That's why the prices on most style stealers are very low, even though they have complications

IMOP ..

my thoughts exactly!

BUT panerai also copied the design from rolex (who made the brevet marine militares). the only thing which is unique for panerai is the crown guard, the rest they have also copied from others!

IMOP ..

Not taken the wrong way at all, in fact, I wrestled with this for quite some time...

Having bought an Invicta (yukkk, puke) at one low point in my watch buying life and then selling it for not too bad a loss, these made me stay on the fence for quite a while.

That being said, I also bought a MarcelloC Nettuno and the watch was a pleasure to wear and I had no 'brand issues' like I had with the Invicta. The watch was very close to the Rolex Sub, although I still feel better quality, especially the bracelet.

I think the RXW will fall into the latter category, it is unique enough to stand on it's own and good enough quality to justify the price....

Things I noticed regarding it's similarities to Panerai were really not many, except the dial number font and the subdial hands... The case is similar looking from the front, but the side view is very different frfom the Rads. The tritium gas tubes and the crown/pusher arrangement set it even further apart.

Putting it all together, it's a unique design in my opinion, most watches are rip-offs from others in one way or another... so many submariner take-offs out there to make your head spin.

It will cost a little more than a 196 or 212 with mods, and I'll be able to swim with it and not be called out for wearing a rep I bought this in lieu of the 2893 PAM 063, which was a toss-up as I already have an 029 that I paid about $600 for.

Well after experiencing the views of you Swdivad, and Slay, I can understand it more than before.

I guess if you compare it to the funds it would cost for a 063/2893 w/mods, I can see your point.

I guess we don't realize how many people know nothing about panerai, which makes your's a good choice.

It's a great looking piece, Enjoy it !

• 3 weeks later...

I bought it and I love it...no regrets at all. In fact, one of my coworkers (a recent Gen PAM90 owner) saw my Plasmir and now he won't stop drooling on it...every frickin day.."hey man, let me see that thing again"...sheesh...

I love it in the dark...lights up like a torch!. The movement is smooth. Gorgeous watch...I can't wait for his next MM run...I'll be buying again.

cheers

I got mine a couple weeks ago - thanks david for the info. I like it and the glow is great. The gas tubes are great :D

Go to a cinema and you won't have a problem reading the time.

The case looks like a PAM from the front but on the side it is very much different.

I've had the chrono running for days and it's fine. It's an ETA 7750.

I've got it on the steel band it came with (very oyster like). I was also sent two leather bands which feel of good quality.

AR coating works well too.

All in all, a great watch at a great deal. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

What's 4-5 mm loss from a regular PAM ? :lol:

You also get a nice wooden box with it, a screwdriver, extra spring bars, two Connolly leather straps with buckles on each - they feel great quality but I havent bothered looking at how to change out the bracelet as I like that. The instructions came on paper in an envelope, but by now most on here will know how to operate a chronograph etc.

And if you miss that PAM feeling ... it's got a sandwich dial! No relume necessary!

:thumbsupsmileyanim: