When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My SS Sub

P4GTR

overly conical rehaut, cyclop and date window too far right, no rehaut thickness, how crystal, wrong crystal bevel. -bk

Why stop there?

Lazer etched crown at 6 o'clock too large, crown itself too large. Incorrect pearl, incorrect model number on hologram (should be 16610 not 11610).

Still about $4800 cheaper then the gen, and I'm happy. Thanks for looking.

@ bklm1234 what is your problem?

P4GTR has said a polite hello and showed his sub that he bought off Josh and he is very happy with it and that is all that matters.

Make another attack and you're going to earn yourself a warning.

Ken

PS. Hello and welcome to our forum P4GTR :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thank you guys. Thanks for the PM's as well, you know who you are.

bklm1234, You look like you were on a mission man. Fortunately I didn't not get a chance to read your posts. Its a watch. It will not end world hunger or resurect the dead, i'm sorry to say.

if i came across as overbearing, sorry about that. of course you didn't ask for a review, i shouldn't have given one. i'm not on a mission. i helped many people on this and other boards pick and mod rollies. there are a lot of tells beyond the usual: etched crown, pearl, CGs (btw, who cares about hologram). if you knew them, you wouldn't have bought this one. oops - uninvited critique again. i guess i'm not welcome to share my knowledge. same to you, it's just a watch. obviously you were offended by my critique. you cool it too. anyway, 99% people won't be able to call this one out. enjoy your sub, my friend

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

Unfortunately I cannot lock myself in a basement and read RWG 16 hours a day to find the best of the best of the best everything. I was under the impression that Josh/andrew were the best bet (from my days on RWG1). Now on here, I hear about MBW, all these uber mods, etc.. Oh well, I'm still pretty happy with it honestly. Do I wish it was the best rep out there? Sure. At one point I even thought it was.

I was a little offended with your first post, yes, but I did not see the others before they were editted. I don't mind the criticism so much as the way you kind've seemed to shove it in without so much is a some lube or a hello. Really, its no big deal, you seem nice enough in your other posts anyways. I assume it was my watch you were disgusted with and not me.

Truthfully, if you have suggestions as to modding, or a better more accurate source, Im all ears. I just dont want to pull a faux pah and ask people for that information blatently. Im inclined to learn as much as I can. I have been bitten, and my wallet is going to shrink. In the immediate future I would like a superocean, then on to researching a nice pan.

i was too automatic when i saw the post. my critique was uncalled for. pretty stupid.

I have a 1st gen VIPmariner dial, a noobmariner datewheel, and a correct mag cyclop. With them, you can fix the date window flaw. You can have them for free. It will be a totally awesome sub. Somebody did that mod before and the watch looks great. This is an improvement. I hope this doesn't stick with you as your watch being imperfect and a thone to you. All subs are imperfect. Modding them is a lot of fun and satisfying. PM your address to me.

-bk

what is wrong with that pearl? I must be blind cause it looks pretty good to me

The way I improved the pearl, and I use that term lightly, on my rep sub from Josh was to add a small, and I mean small dab of model glue to it. You can still see the lume through it, and it looks a lot better. Just my two cents.

@ekhunter: yours is a smart way to improve the pearl 'cause that resembles the pearl construction.

for those who haven't read my 16610 buying guide on rwi, I extracted the pearl section here:

Insert Pearl

I put insert pearl in its own section because it's such an important signature of the sub. Most people don't know the construction of the insert pearl since it's so small. What makes up the look? So for the 1st time, insert pearl fully disclosed.

At an angle, the pearl seems to fill the ring edge to edge. But this spherical edge-to-edge thingie is just a shinny, clear cover.

256447-6434.jpg

Under the cover, the real white pearl sit recessed inside the ring.

256447-6435.jpg

This is why the pearl looks recessed but look at it from angle it's not.

This little known construction is what makes it look like it does.

256447-6436.jpg

256447-6437.jpg

It confuses the hell out of our rep makes. Or do they actually care? Some pearls are pretty funny-looking.

The Zit

256447-6438.jpg

The Flat-top

256447-6439.jpg

Don't pick a sub rep by the pearl though. The pearl can be fixed but something like rehaut cannot. You can replace the pearl with a watchmaterial pearl which has the same construction as the gen but of course not perfect (pearl is slightly yellowy but at normal distnaces, it really looks like the gen.

256447-6440.jpg

-bk