When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Great to see all the modders here

Hey guys,

I have been hammering the search button here for a while now and I thought it was time to say hello. ;)

I was originally attracted here by my fondness for the Subs; I was pleasantly surprised to find a healthy watch modding community.

Being a hands-on guy I love to tinker and I think the tiny little machine that is an Automatic movement, is really a thing of beauty.

I would love to have a go at building a Frankensub at some stage. Problem is I probably wouldn

Welcome aboard.

RG

Thanks The Zigmeister,

Yet another member who has unknowingly helped me. I currently have a watch coming with a movement selection based on one of your comments.

I also was gob smacked to see how you torn down that unlubricated

welcome to RWG greystash :victory:

i never cease to be amazed at the skills and knowledge of those found here on RWG. while it is intimidating at first, soon you'll find yourself understanding more and more....

have fun learning; i think you'll find that upgrading to VIP is a worthwhile cause -- it will bring your understanding to a whole new level :tu:

deltatahoe

I have actually read quite a few of your posts.....thanks.

People read my rubbish? :blink:

Yeah, I suppose I've posted so many posts you're bound to come across one or two. Sorry about that :D

Now, if you get a chance to read more of The Zigmeister's work, that's where it's at. That and By-Tor's reviews ... and loads of other high-end guys.

it will bring your understanding to a whole new level :tu:

Hint, hint, loads of good stuff, hint, hint.

welcome to RWG greystash

i never cease to be amazed at the skills and knowledge of those found here on RWG. while it is intimidating at first, soon you'll find yourself understanding more and more....

Thanks deltatahoe.

have fun learning; i think you'll find that upgrading to VIP is a worthwhile cause -- it will bring your understanding to a whole new level
Hint, hint, loads of good stuff, hint, hint.
Thanks guys....noted.

Warm welcome
Hey thanks Tribal....another familiar name from my searches.

Welcome. Always a pleasure to come across a new member who spends the time to get acquainted with the goings on before throwing themselves to the wolves.
Oh, and here I was just about to (shill-style) ask TTK to YELL me a map to the Shangr la. :Jumpy: (LOL....Just Kidding)

253900-6811.jpg

While I may be new here, I am no stranger to forums and their unique social dynamic. :bicycle:

To be honest, if my interest holds, I would like to start my frankensub with a gen case rather than a MBW....and that of course relies on measure pot luck.

Cheers Kruser00.

Very impressive. Good luck with the case. If you can't find one reasonably go with the MBW case, 2846 Slow beat, Watchmeister's datewheel ;) gen crystal, crown and tube and beg Ubi for one of his inserts. :lol:
Cheers kruzer00, I'll keep that in mind. :D

Welcome and good luck with your franken.
Hey fxrandy, thanks....I'll need it to land a gen case.

A quick question here; I'm pedantic about spelling and above I wrote 'torn' where I meant to write 'tore'. Where is the edit button for my own posts? Can that be done here? It can in most other places.

VIP members (paying members) have the ability to edit posts. Notice the extra button at the bottom of my post. Another reason to join up. ;)
No I can't even SEE the button on anyones posts :lol: ....Looks like edit buttons are even more secretive than oem speced-out sub cases. :g:

Don't worry, if this latest interest of mine is not just a flash in the pan, it will be VIP for me.

Welcome to a new modder friend! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Modders are the incursors of our 'small' :lol: community.

Just leave out those old R*le*es and apply your skill to something new, black and huge!! :lol: :lol:

Indeed a very warm welcome from me too Greystash, it looks like you are ready to slot straight in to our merry little band of watchaholics and to that end we can never have too many true lovers of the game. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers

Ken