When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Chopard GT XL (7750)

montydog

Thanks very much for the info... I'm tempted to get this too... I bet the ar coating is amazing...? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well, it's hard to tell with the white face but it certainly seems first rate. This is one watch that you will fall in love with as soon as you take it out of the wrapping. The motorsport link was a big thing for me as I'm a petrol-head on acid!

You will not regret getting this watch.

Regards

M

I love the white face in this watch, but if I recall correctly, the white face gen comes only in a solid, decorated caseback. I believe the display back is only on the black model. Looks amazingly accurate on the wrist, however, and is one of the best looking white faced watches out there IMHO...

Congrats...

I love the white face in this watch, but if I recall correctly, the white face gen comes only in a solid, decorated caseback. I believe the display back is only on the black model. Looks amazingly accurate on the wrist, however, and is one of the best looking white faced watches out there IMHO...

Congrats...

No, the white face GT XL also comes with a display back. I tried one on in an AD recently - really couldn't tell any significant difference between my rep and the gen :thumbsupsmileyanim:

No, the white face GT XL also comes with a display back. I tried one on in an AD recently - really couldn't tell any significant difference between my rep and the gen :thumbsupsmileyanim:

That's great news! Looks like this is moving a lot closer to the top of my list. Thanks...

That's great news! Looks like this is moving a lot closer to the top of my list. Thanks...

It's a fabulous watch, and the only rep that I own which has received compliments from total strangers. It's very distinctive, sporty and elegant, all at the same time.

I fell in love with this watch but I just can't get over the jerky seconds hand; wtf!!!

Yes the gen also has this problem but supposedly it is not as pronounced, and furthermore not many have seen the gen so I am sure people will assume that their is either someting wrong with this watch or it is a fake...

Anyone sent theirs to The Zigmeister to fix the choppy hand yet? I know he has recieved one for servicing but mentioned that the hand was pretty smooth to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...
I fell in love with this watch but I just can't get over the jerky seconds hand; wtf!!!

Yes the gen also has this problem but supposedly it is not as pronounced, and furthermore not many have seen the gen so I am sure people will assume that their is either someting wrong with this watch or it is a fake...

Anyone sent theirs to The Zigmeister to fix the choppy hand yet? I know he has recieved one for servicing but mentioned that the hand was pretty smooth to begin with.

It was my watch that The Zigmeister looked at. The main reason for sending it to him was for a full service and relume - with that much lume real estate this thing now lights up a room if it has just been recharged! I'm not sure that the 'choppy' seconds hand was changed much by The Zigmeister - it's still noticeable if you look closely, but then so were the seconds hands on the two gens that I've looked at. To be perfectly honest I don't care whether people think this is a gen or a fake, but if this is a big concern of your's its probably best to save up your pennies and go for the real thing. I do know that this is the only watch I own that complete strangers have complimented me about, and I love to look at it as it's such a wonderful design.

Don't quite understand why the maker doesn't put an ETA movement as the running machine but of the A7750. This can resolve the jerky second movement straight away. Transforming the 7750 seconds gear to run a big hand simply will not give a smooth movement. For a rep over $300, by putting in an ETA they can still make a healthy profit from it.

I like it :thumbsupsmileyanim: the white dial is fine but its probably spectacular in black too.. this certainly is a watch for me and that id partly because of its name ;) GRAN TOURISMO....

g. :)

• 6 years later...

Hi Everyone! I just got my grey faced GTXL yesterday and i too noticed the choppy chrono seconds hand.  Did a search and found this thread.  Looks like i'm not alone.

After i removed the watch and figured out the deployment clasp, the plate with the engraved map at the back fell off the caseback! I seem to have no luck with these things.  Anyone know how i can secure it permanently to the caseback?

Btw it is a beautiful watch.  Just seems a tad big for my skinny wrists...