When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Cousteau Divers or Superocean Steelfish?

add46.88

Hi Guys,

After owning the Tag Heuer Carrera racing on rubber, i'm on the lookout for another sporty/casual watch!!

If you had to pick one,which would you choose?... IWC Cousteau Divers or Breitling Steelfish(on rubber strap)?

Hello,

I like quite large watches so for me the Steelfish is a little on the small side. The Chronomat Evo is a nicer Breitling IMHO so I'd take the IWC which I love and would also love to own.

I am loving the Cousteau Divers. That and the 3717 are fabulous watches and sporty. The rubber strap on the Cousteau is of far better quality than the gen Breitling rubber strap I have on right now. But the Steelfish and Cousteau are very different watches both in terms of size and form.

Apples and oranges. Different sizes and very different statements. Breitling is an excellent non-chron rep of an $1,800 watch. Cousteau is an excellent rep of a $7,000 IWC chrono complete with a well working inner rotating bezel. Now you tell me which is cooler. ;) I would also add that I received two compliments from strangers the first day I wore it. One knew what it was and expressed admiration (guy). The other comment was from a woman who just thought it was a really nice sports watch. I do like my Chrono Avenger with original dial and Swiss movement and latest accurate BCE but if I had to choose one of the three Cousteau would win hands down. But Cousteau is a big 44mm.

Apples and oranges. Different sizes and very different statements. Breitling is an excellent non-chron rep of an $1,800 watch. Cousteau is an excellent rep of a $7,000 IWC chrono complete with a well working inner rotating bezel. Now you tell me which is cooler. ;) I would also add that I received two compliments from strangers the first day I wore it. One knew what it was and expressed admiration (guy). The other comment was from a woman who just thought it was a really nice sports watch. I do like my Chrono Avenger with original dial and Swiss movement and latest accurate BCE but if I had to choose one of the three Cousteau would win hands down. But Cousteau is a big 44mm.

thanks for your opinions :)

Im swaying towards the IWC,however size could be a factor.

Would you say the IWC wears alot bigger than the Steelfish?They are both 44mm right?

oh and i have 7 inch wrists

Get both ! ;)

The Asian Steelfish is already a real pieces of artwork for "only" 160 dollars...

Spend less on this one and get the IWC from the same dealer to save the shipping costs.

B)

Otherwise, the Breitling might look smaller despite it's 44mm because of a quite small dial.

Go for the Steelfish.

I agree with some that the IWC is a better looking watch, but is too much overpriced for an Asian core.

With the steelfish you get one of the best original swiss movements, so forget about any problem for the next (at least) 15 years. Overall quality and finishes are as good as the IWC, and you save almost $300 to buy some other great reps.

Truthfully they shouldn't be compared, the SFSO is a hit among us but it is a non chrono rep of a 1300-1600 watch. It is a divers watch so it's bulky heavy and looks fantastic on the wrist.

And the cousteau looks just as great, and from the pics looks equally amazing.

get both becasue your in a very tough situation my friend....

Guest lcdr2007
thanks for the pics TWP,looks awesome.....

Does anyone know where i can get my watch re-lumed based in the UK?

Dont fancy sending my watch to america with potential custom problems ect...

Why the concerns over customs problems? When did the U.S. or the U.K. become known to each other as hotbeds of counterfeit exports? I thought they were busy watching China.