When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please suggest some nice men's watches for a woman

dangerman

I'm thinking of getting a rep for my wife. Now I'd ask her opinions before I went ahead, but this got me thinking about putting together a short list.

Rather than the usual suspects I thought it would be fun to find men's watches that would appeal to a woman.

Personally I'm thinking small 38-40mm, and thin. Also Quartz as I don't think she would put up with the watch having stopped after a few days being unworn.

But those are only my early ideas. I don't want to restrict the options at this brainstorming stage so just say whatever watch you think would be nice.

Get her a mechanical watch, pardner--I'm sure she's a great girl, but if she won't tolerate setting an auto, I doubt a high end rep is the right gift for her. Anyway, I bet once she sees it, and especially since you gave it to her, she'll be fine w/ it.

My wife regularly wears, and looks great wearing, my SS daytona, white dial on leather; my pam 049, and my 18k muller casablanca. All are 40mm, and she "dresses" them up with nice pink, powder blue, white, etc. straps. The daytona is my personal fav.

I'd start w/ a muller. You can't get the good version of the 18k muller anymore but the "2852" model SSversion is a damn good rep.

Occassionally, my wife will wear:

16520 Daytona (color depending on her apparel selection for the day)

256373-6450.jpg

256373-6451.jpg

6265 Daytona (at 37mm with a 19mm bracelet, this one fits her wrist nicely)

256373-6452.jpg

37mm Patek Nautilus (another great watch for her wrist as it's very thin at 8mm and wears much smaller than it's 37mm size might suggest)

256373-6453.jpg

But usually, she's wearing her DJ rep-

256373-6454.jpg

I got her the rep first to see how she would like it prior to buying her a new gen. After having owned it for over a year, it keeps great time, and has sustained quite a lot of wear and tear as it's a daily wearer for the most part. I suggested to her that we get the, but she declined as she is quite happy with the one she has...

I would suggest the 40mm white dial Pam on bracelet or a nice tan leather strap, a great look for summer.

Mrs Pugwash is actually hassling me for something a lot lighter as there are times she doesn't want a 183 on her wrist, like when she's driving, cos she veers left like the wheels are not aligned with a Panerai on. :D

Maybe she's due a ceramic Cartier?

I'd say a Channel. They're about the only bling watches I like. Must be the ceramic really. And yes, I'd go for the male version for a lady too. They are mostly quartz in rep, even though in gen male is automatic, female is quartz (I believe). Check this one out (probably some limited edition, I stole the pic from their website):

post-6625-1180714412_thumb.jpg

BLING :thumbsupsmileyanim: BLING

Patek philippe calastrava manual handwind all the way....

Very affordable from Joshua.... dozens to pick from.... petite, thin, and breathtakingly gorgeous.

For a sporty piece I'd go with a SS yachtmaster lady (or man if she is a jumbo lady). Those look very very lovely.

Guest Sql_pl

My girlfriend definately prefers man sized watches.

Her nicest current piece is the twotone Navitimer with 6, 9, 12 subdial layout:

257009-6337.jpg

257009-6338.jpg

She also liked to wear my IWC GST in SS (that is for sale right now btw :) )

257009-6339.jpg

257009-6340.jpg

Or Randy's AP RO:

257009-6341.jpg

Now I am planning to get a white faced Pasha Seatimer for her... think it will look great!

Too bad there ain't too many pics of this rep on the boards....

Cheers!

My girlfriend definately prefers man sized watches.

Her nicest current piece is the twotone Navitimer with 6, 9, 12 subdial layout:

257198-6263.jpg

257198-6264.jpg

She also liked to wear my IWC GST in SS (that is for sale right now btw :) )

257198-6265.jpg

257198-6266.jpg

Or Randy's AP RO:

257198-6267.jpg

Now I am planning to get a white faced Pasha Seatimer for her... think it will look great!

Too bad there ain't too many pics of this rep on the boards....

Cheers!

Spl _pl you are one very lucky man.

GF who is:

A) Cool with your watches

and

B) Absolutely stunning!

Truly you are twice blessed.

Guest Sql_pl

As we speak Aquanauts - did you guys see King's site recently?

She is now offering some very accurate Aquanaut Luce watches in all colours.

They look pretty cool!

In my house, the PAM49 (with great straps) and the 38mm Chanel J12 (with a little bling) are both quite popular with the feminine element.

:victory:

I bought my girlfriend a Chanel J12 38mm with diamonds in the ceramic case, and I am still getting the benefits of that gift!

Women love the Chanel J12 and it's got a quartz movement.

Beany