When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Funny story???

jraines87

So I think this is kind of funny.... You guys tell me....

I use online banking and logged in a few minutes ago and noticed that my account was showing more $$ than I though I should have.

About a week ago I scheduled a payment of $5,000 to be sent to my credit card company. On April 15th my credit card company received the $5,000, but it did not deduct from my bank account. :blink:

I called my bank today and told them that the forgot to deduct the $5,000 from my account.

I've been arguing with the bank for about 30 minutes trying to get them to deduct the money from my account, but they are hell bent on me keeping it :lol:

They insist that they did not make a payment on my behalf, and the credit card company says that they received $5,000 to pay off my credit card.... So..... I have an extra $5,000 now :lol:

I love stupid people....

Woo - hoo.

I sense a rep-buying spree coming on!

At least you tried to correct them and they don't want to know. Hell mend them!

JTB

I saw a story on the news one time where this old couple found a bag of money on the side of the road that had aparently fell out of an armored car. It took them almost a month to give the money back to the bank because they kept on insisting that they hadn't lost any money.... :lol:

Hi Jeff,

We live in strange times. I had the same exact problem in payinng off a car last year. The loan company sent me a verification of payment but my next bank statement did not show the payment. I too called the bank and they gave me pretty much the same line you got. I did the obvious thing and just forgot about it... given they had the problem. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately three months later, I got a notice from my bank that they had screwed up and were now deducting the payment from my account.

Luckily I didn't go out and spend the money on other things :)