When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An old treasure my grandmother gave me :).....

cleobis

Hi, my grandmother knows I'm a huge watch fan, so she gave me this old pocket watch Longines that belonged to my grandfather, it's silver...it does need a great amount of restauration but it is worth it I think...hope you like the pics :D

258438-5994.jpg

258438-5995.jpg

258438-5996.jpg

258438-5997.jpg

258438-5998.jpg

258438-5999.jpg

Cheers

Edited by cleobis

lovely present by your GM...get it restaured...nice one!

i got a Patek Philippe from my father when i was 21...a nice vintage one...he got it from his father...and the story will repeat forever (i hope)...tradition is nice...

wow....thks for all the nice comments :) yes, I will make sure that restauration will not be a replace for new kind of thing, just want to clean it as much as I can without destroying all the character that the ae gives it :)

yes, the I would love to be able to wear it...it does deserve to be used! I love it...now to save some money to restore it:) the thing is I also have a 1972 breitling datora that belonged to my father and he gave it to me, but alos need some restoration work..not as much as this one...but I have to restore one at a time... :) well...at least they are great projects and when they are done they'll look great...well, they already look...at least to me... :thumbsupsmileyanim: