When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Long time since I've posted....so now....My Almost ready for prime time....

Justasgood

What has been done:

Case and CG's modded......

Gen crown and tube

Gen Pearl perhaps Gen insert, you tell me....

Gen Crystal

Gen Dial

UBI Special made Date overlay...Thanks guys!

Gen Spring bars

Gen Gaskets (Case back and Under bezel assembly)

Gen Clasp

Whew! I still need to age the hands to match the dial and I need a good Hollow middle link bracelet....Anybody have one?

And now the pics......

258694-5924.jpg

258694-5925.jpg

258694-5926.jpg

258694-5927.jpg

258694-5928.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I have reservations about the Watchmeister datewheel overlay, but, other than that, once you get the hands to match (or just tell people Rolex replaced the original hands at the last service) you will be looking good.

I have most of the same mods. I hesitate on the overlay as well. You have confiirmed what i thought might happen. It is a little fuzzy. Better on a 1665.

Fantastic watch. Love the clasp.

I have most of the same mods. I hesitate on the overlay as well. You have confiirmed what i thought might happen. It is a little fuzzy. Better on a 1665.

Fantastic watch. Love the clasp.

Yep, this one is a little fuzzy but I have a crisp one that I am waiting to put on my slow beat movement. I'll do that when I decide to even out the patina of the hands to match the dial.

Thanks,

Kurt.

Thats a beautiful watch. Ive never critiqued a members watch before. Let me say that your watch is nicer than any of my reps. I must tell you that as a owner of a gen circa 72 1680 that date wheel overlay must go. It gives a otherwise beautiful watch a nasty blemish.

Looks Great!!!

A note on the DW, for his piece Justasgood needed a more rigid overlay than the very thin vinyl version. I believe his 1680 has a thicker prototype version I sent him...it does have the advantage of being thicker w/ a thin layer of some kind of plastic if I recall, but unfortunately has only about 1/2 the print resolution as apparent in the zoom + cyclops pics. On the wrist, though, it looks pretty darn good, and that's what matters!!

Awesome craftsmanship on the mods!!!

Looks Great!!!

A note on the DW, for his piece Justasgood needed a more rigid overlay than the very thin vinyl version. I believe his 1680 has a thicker prototype version I sent him...it does have the advantage of being thicker w/ a thin layer of some kind of plastic if I recall, but unfortunately has only about 1/2 the print resolution as apparent in the zoom + cyclops pics. On the wrist, though, it looks pretty darn good, and that's what matters!!

Awesome craftsmanship on the mods!!!

Thanks for all your help and you are correct....it looks AWESOME without the loupe......and let's face it, I rarely use my loupe on an everyday basis :D

Darn great watch and work, K! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

To get much closer, you would be looking at $4.5K for the gen.

I hope you decide to keep this one for a while.

I hope it stays awhile as well....

Great work fantastic watch :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks Tribal...always good to get Peer approval.