When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen 1675 GMT!Yes its on my wrist!

elprimerozen

Welcome to the 1675 club!! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

The GMT-I is one of the best watches ever produced. And it is a nice investment - especially for an original unmolested piece.

Did you also get the original dial and hands, or do you only have the luminova parts?

What a beauty!

Cheers

258842-5857.jpg

258842-5858.jpg

258842-5859.jpg

258842-5860.jpg

Oooh!Realy nice watches you got there friend!!!Amazing!

The dials and hands as far as i know, came as original set.

As the movement has no micro adjust...my watch maker has to screw or unscrew the litle screws that are located at the balance....the movement was runing a litle slow so he screw in one or two screws to make it run correct..its a litle rolex tool the one on the photo...

The old dials i dont have them....too bad :black_eye:

Firstly congrats elprimerozen from a fellow 1675-lover (not long now I hope :pray: )

Lovely piece just a real shame about the '80s dial and hands - damn RSC swapouts :angry: - but I suspect you'll be on the lookout for more appropriately-matched/aged parts anyway.

As for what the guy is doing in the picture, well I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag except to say I believe he may be using a tiny tiny bottle of a famously reassuringly expensive Belgian lager ;):whistling:

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome to the 1675 club!! :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

The GMT-I is one of the best watches ever produced. And it is a nice investment.

Did you also get the original dial and hands?

What a beauty!

Cheers

My GMTs over the years...

271717-3472.jpg

271717-3473.jpg

Oh how I miss that small GMT hand! I have a Gen 1675 that was passed down to me by my father, and when i got it, it had seen better days, I shipped it off to Rolex and it came back looking great except that the Dial and Hands had been replaced! I really do miss that small pointer....

Great looking watch you got there Katerchen, mine keeps better time then my brand new Omega Seamaster!