When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBK Patek Nautilus Jumbo

ubiquitous

Hi to all fellow recruits/ newbies......i also found all that MBW/ MBK stuff to be mighty confusing.....then i found repgeek.com which explains it all...e

Er this site is WAYYYY more professional, but that site is a little newbie-friendlier....pls dont flame me..i'm merely expressing my thoughts/ feelings out loud!

MBW = Maria's Best Watch

MBK = MahBoonKrung Shopping center in Bangkok, Thailand

Now, i've been to bangkok UMPTEEN times but alas have never been to said MBW shoppe.....that's coz i've only recently stumbled upon this wonderful (albeit rather cloak-and-dagger) hobby!

Anyhoo, i've since ordered a Euromariner LV and Patek Aquanaut from eurotimez Chris....am awaiting these to decide whether or not to add another Patek Nautilus to the fold too!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard Ghost. Good choice of watch and dealer :tu:

Regarding Noob friendliness...I think we are very welcoming to those Noobs that take the time to read and search the wealth of information this forum has to offer. Simply posting a question about a particular brand or who to buy from without investing some time will get a negative response from the membership.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to demonslayer who parted with his MkI MBW, I'm now part of the "PP MBW Blue Nautilus Club" at last...the wait was worth it! The bad/good thing is that I now no longer dream of owning the gen...

A few things :

1. It runs about 21 seconds fast per day. How are yours running ? Maybe I'm a bit anal but the ETA should be able to do better than that.

2. Has anyone found a good place to have a Nautilus serviced in Paris/France/Europe ? I've heard of The Zigmeister of course, but he's in Canada, so slighly overkill at this point for the 21s/day problem.

3. Doesn't look like it, but is there a way of fine-tuning the wrist size ? I'm between links, with the link out it's a tad too tight, with the link on it's a tad too loose...

post-22-1226361781_thumb.jpg

Since The Zigmeister's servicing my MBW/MBK, the watch loses No Seconds per day.

I find that I rather like having this particualr bracelet a bit on the loose side.

Try that. Too tight never works. Your wrist changes sizes. Go looser.

Without a doubt the nicest watch in the world.

Thanks, doesn't look like I'll have a choice anyway, it's going to have to be a bit loose ;-)

Good news on the time regulationdone by The Zigmeister, impressive, was it off by a lot before that?

Not that it would make any sense for me to do that, but has a "opening up a Nautilus' guide ever been posted ? I just noticed that there were tiny screws in the "ears", I take it the top comes off and that's how the movement gets accessed ?

Answering myself : found a guide in spanish to open a Nautilus but for a Quartz (?) Gold model : http://www.hablemosderelojes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1529

Since I can't get that writstband adjusted to my wrist, I'm thinking of swapping it for a leather band, has anyone done that? Any sources for such a wristband ? Maybe buying a CN MBW Rep but the band might not be top quality and still $100+

After owning the MBW/MBK Nautilus for well over a year, it is still without doubt my favorite watch, inaccurate as it is.

I recently viewed the real deal at my local AD, both the 5800, and the 5711, and the one thing I will say is that comparing the gen to the original is an effort in futility. The 5800 has an extraordinary fade in the dial, ,black/gray, and the 5711 in the rose gold, has an unbelievable fade in brown/black, like nothing you have ever seen. NO REP watch could ever come close. It figures, seeing that this rose gold case with leather strap retails here locally at a mere 32,000.00.

All that being said, I am very happy to wear my MBK rep on a daily basis. Still the best rep ever, IMO.

All that being said, I am very happy to wear my MBK rep on a daily basis. Still the best rep ever, IMO.

I agree with Jeff on this. I have mine on right now, it is without a doubt the most beautifully constructed rep to date. A very handsome watch. The way the light bounces off the polished outer edge of the bezel and the polished midlinks is very pleasing to the eye. MBK did a remarkable job with this one :)

As already mentioned, Trusty's "burnt blue sticks" has got a bluer dial - but lighter than the gens one finds on ebay (but could be the lighting - though as this is consistently so, unlikely). MBK's is greenish, which does not seem to be like the gen. Is it really so hard to get the colour right? <_<

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Still waiting for proper pics taken but mines now has a better movement with low cannon pin and the seconds hand removed. All credit goes to ubiquitous and The Zigmeister. All I did was finance the operation. :)
Did you ever get a chance to take pics? Are you happy with the changes?

• 2 years later...

Fromwhat I understand there is now the "1:1" nautilus with correct date wheel position and font... If you look really closely at the movement you can see "SW-200" though, pretty sure no one will believe you have a patek with a selita movement in it. It looks like it's smaller than the old Nautilus as well.

I've never seen either of them though, so i might be making all of this up. Anyone seen them side to side?

Fromwhat I understand there is now the "1:1" nautilus with correct date wheel position and font... If you look really closely at the movement you can see "SW-200" though, pretty sure no one will believe you have a patek with a selita movement in it. It looks like it's smaller than the old Nautilus as well.

I've never seen either of them though, so i might be making all of this up. Anyone seen them side to side?

I'd like to know, too.

I'm also curious as to how easy it is to adjust the bracelet - is taking links out pretty easy? Doesn't seem like there are the screw-in pins...

That's right. The movement will be a tell. However to most people the bigger tell is the stickered rotor.

It seems to be a very good rep, but to make it great it needs engravings on the rotor and movement.

A proper PP movement is not very likely on a rep as reps operate with a limited range of movement makers.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, sorry didn't get notified of your answer. That 1:1 looks pretty good indeed, except of course for the movement being apparent. Might try to get one to compare to the MBK, too bad there isn't a version with a cheaper Asian movement.