When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this real, a bad rep or a good rep?

korporate

A friend of mine picked this up a few days ago. I don't think it is a gen but I'm not sure. I need help with any tell tale signs. All 3 sub dials work, the crown is screw down, i can tell it is an automatic but the second hand is not compleatly smooth. Definiatly not as chopy as my Corum rep that is jap movment. Any help would be greatly apreciated. Also the band is stamed 18k if that helps at all. I forgot to take a pic of it but the band is the old style with the screws in the end links. If someone can tell me how to open the back I will take pics of the guts if that will help.

Thaks for any help!

Robbie

30723-40533.jpg

30723-40534.jpg

30723-40535.jpg

30723-40536.jpg

Edited by korporate

I don't think it is a gen but I'm not sure. I need help with any tell tale signs.

Three subdials. Which one is the second hand? None of them? Then it's not a gen, or even a good rep. The 9-o-clock is showing the day? The 6 is showing the date? These are all signs that this is a cheap rep.

Oh, and the hologram? 116610 is a Submariner.

It's a rep, real daytona doesn't have day of week on left sub dial, word daytona over 6o'clock dial should be red . Sub dial spacing looks good, does the seconds run at the 6 o'clock position? To open you really need the tool or its going to get sratches! Not a bad looking piece...

i figured it was a rep, was just hoping that it was a good one that i could get serviced!

I'd not bother. The big deal about the Daytona is that it's a stopwatch, and this one doesn't do that. The main second hand shouldn't be going around and that's a dead giveaway from 6 feet.

The fact that this is a rep of a $10,000 watch needs considering too. :D

It wasnt a Daytona. To be honest I can't remeber which model it was. He wore it my wedding a few months back, but I had a few other things on my mind that day!

So basicly it works like this, crackheads, tweekers, junkies or whatever will "find" stuff and try to sell it on the street around my work. 85% is junk but you can deffinitly come up on some great buys. I work at a strip club, so while the area that io work in is not the nicest of neighborhoods, dumb drunk buisnessmen come to my club and park their $80000 cars on the street so that they will save the $10 that the parking guy will charge. I think that the dope fiends "find" most of these items around cars like these! Someone "found" a laptop and a cd book full of cds in myt car a few years back!

Well thats a crack head special from San Francisco! My friend actually got a real platinum one with a diamond bezel a few years back off a crack head for $30! so he'll pick them up all the time now, just in case!

30 $ ???

Did he applied violence ?????

:lol: