When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Mark XV Fully Modded

eunomians

Hello. How is your day going? Or perhaps should I ask, how is your evening going?

Either way, thank you for taking the time to click on my thread.

Hopefully this will be fun for you to read... Enjoy :)

This particular thread is dedicated to the art of modding a somewhat overlooked rep.

Well actually, this is an in-depth pictoral study/reference guide to the replica Mark XV.

It took me quite a long time to finish this project. I searched high and low for these parts, and I would like to take the time to 'share' them with you.

You might be saying to yourself: didn't Euno already post a thread about this damn watch project already?

Well, to answer your question: yes, I did.

But the project was not complete.

And the pictures were not up to my usual standards.

So... A new thread in honor of an old project, now finally finished.

Well, almost finished. The last step is to fit a serviced & calibrated 2892-A2.

These detailed pics show freshly installed genuine IWC Mark XV hands.

Monsieur The Zigmeister did the honors of removing the Tritium and reluming them with Super Luminova (mer

Your watch looks great. The mods look perfect, and hopefully you found the work you put in worth it. The results are definitely impressive.

I wish the rep factories could get a bit closer "out of the box" on this watch! I'd be all over a great version in a heartbeat. :D

• 1 month later...

king jubilee? holy "where have you been" batman

didnt you make custom pens? still doing that? i think we were talking about that a while back and we missed you :)

The mark XV is one of my favs...nice post. I also like the spitfire and want to get one soon. I was hoping the reps would get better over time, but to no avail.

Nice score on the Gen face and hands...

I will applaud the work you've done, and have had done, on the watch before adding my (hopefully not too critical) criticism...

I am not a fan of your Rep's case, it still screams "wrong!" to me... the lug width isn't the only problem... the outer edge is way too wide, and not properly indented for the crown (which is also incorrect on your Rep)... about 2 days worth of careful 'dremel' work and a good polishing to get rid of the 'fat' and to fit an original crown properly (once you find it) should definitely be on the menu... THEN, you will have a nearly perfect illusion. (unless the case material is crap, then you have a pitted ugly mess, and a new excuse to re-publish the project again, when you finish it the next time... (which is why I always mod the case first))

Really, I am not an a-hole... well most of the time I'm not.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A simple,but non the less interesting piece.Thanks for sharing.

Simple? I don't really think so. This is an all time classic watch. The rep had quite a few flaws and Euno managed to get rid of almost all of them. Extreme modding in its purest form!

Thanks for digging this thread out!

Val.