When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dear Steve Jobs

Jumbie

I don't want it.

Please, people let's not start the typical Apple vs. PC war here. I'm just not interested in it cause I want a phone that's good at being a phone rather than a swiss army knife and there are lots of cheaper options for that.

I'm just sick and tired of every mention of the iPhone I ever see on the web degenerating into:

"Apple fanboy!" or some variant thereof.

"Steve Jobs is God."

"This is gonna be the best phone ever and I'm switching to Cingular"

"WHY CINGULAR????!!! IT SUCKS!"

"This phone is nothing special. It doesn't even have 3G."

"OMG Multi-touch roxors. It's gonna be the best and you guys are just jealous. It makes everything so much easier."

And so on ad infinitum when no one has bloody used the thing.

I have to admit that I am waiting for its release to see the fallout of it i.e. is it so hyped that people are going to be disappointed (my personal take; not saying it's a bad product just that there are too many expectations) or will the naysayers have to eat their words.

One thing's for sure. No one has marketing down like Apple. Just look at someone like myself who has no intention of buying it making a post on a Replica watch forum about it. Then again, I think people are aware I post some random topics. Eels anyone? "lol"

I don't want it.

For a guy that "doesn't want it"...

You sure are carrying on about it...

Why not start a Thread about something you DO want...

Like maybe a Watch or something...

Obsessive Compulsive Behavior is treatable ya know...

:lol:

TT

For a guy that "doesn't want it"...

You sure are carrying on about it...

Honestly I don't.

The money, to me, is much better spent on other things. In any case, my PDA (Dell Axim X50v) is not replaceable by the iPhone because I require the software on it so the one good point I can see of the iPhone i.e. less devices to carry, is a moot point.

I read the news on Engadget about it cause I admit that my curiousity is piqued but it's annoying that everyone is speculating and claiming things as fact (again without having used it) and then arguing about it.

PS I don't have OCD but I was recently diagnosed (at 27 years old no less) with ADD. Go figure. I guess they're close enough.

PPS Shock therapy isn't my idea of a fun treatment (OCD). :p

BlackBerry is the best, still sports a longer battery life, better GPS, the best push e-mail ever, corporate enterprise e-mail, a nice trackball, and the only PDA with real one handed capability. A better built more durable phone when it comes down to it. The i-phone will have the same faults a the LG Prada. You can look at the bright side it comes out in 10 more days then the google phone will release and that will be the next craze.

BB4LIFE

I present you with the following example I just came across

YOU'RE THE ONE CRYING lol,and i guess you avoided the part where i said if you're not within reach of WIFI signal, which Airport is built into the iPhone you mostly wouldn't have a 3g service tower around to accommodate those 3g needs anyways,and saying the iphone has competition is like saying the iPOD sucks , you will only hear statements like that from people who can't afford an ipod but will buy some crap they have to replace every 3-6months or some winblows machines that lose their value as soon as you buy one.

Steve saying he hopes to only sell 10 million units is him just prepping for mac world 2008 so he can say ''it's be 6months and the iphone has sold 30million units,thats 3%market share''

people who hate on Apple product have no soul, [censored] zombies,and before you speak

your favorite,Musician,moviestar,director and all around genius that you might admire uses a mac and will definetly own an iPhone ;)

*sigh* Why does my dumb ass not learn to not read these things?

I'm just not interested in it cause I want a phone that's good at being a phone rather than a swiss army knife and there are lots of cheaper options for that.

There hasn't been a decent mobile phone since the Nokia 7110. Since then, phones have lost the plot. Technology has advanced yet the phone still doesn't do what it should. The iPhone may not be your dream, but at least it's a wake-up call to the staid phone industry.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Actually, from what I've read the Motorola Razr V3xx from Cingular is a pretty good phone in terms of call clarity and good signal reception. They've reworked the menus/software so that they're better and much more responsive as well. The Nokia N95 seems to be pretty well-regarded as well but I don't need a 5 MP camera on my phone and it's a bit bulky IMO.

Some may be tired of that "same old form factor" with the Razr but it's fine with me cause the phone is still pretty thin and the clamshell design means it's protected so I don't need a case.

I do hope that the iPhone prompts some reaction from the competition (which it seems to be doing) but I hope that they don't all try to go the way of all-touchscreen phones because I really don't like that idea.

Actually, from what I've read the Motorola Razr V3xx

I have the v3i with iTunes and it's very good, but it's the damned 21st Century and we're still walking everywhere and using crappier phones than we deserve. Where's my flying car and where's my video-phone watch?

Better move to Japan if you want awesome phones.

By all accounts, they have some crazy [censored] over there. I've read that the US market, at least, is 2-5 years behind the Japanese in phone technology.

And people can barely walk and chew gum at the same time. I'm afraid of what would happen if we put them in flying cars.

I have the v3i with iTunes and it's very good, but it's the damned 21st Century and we're still walking everywhere and using crappier phones than we deserve. Where's my flying car and where's my*REP* video-phone watch?

There you go Pugs... fixed it for you. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This isn't the case these days. The services offered are better, though.

I think it is more like a year to months behind. I saw a whole episode on the Discovery about the Japanese electronic market vs. US. Simply put, people in Japan dont mind spending a lot of $$$ on electronics compared to Americans. The UK is about 6 months ahead of the American cell phone market. I just came from the UK and when I got to the US, I was asking for phones that were not due to release in the US untill months later. On top of that only a few carriers were going to carry the phones. For example the Prada isnt due in the US for a while and its been out in the UK for months already. The same story with the PALM Treo 800i. In japan they also have a more advanced mobile phone network compared to the US. In the US all we have is CDMA and GSM QUAD BAND is a new thing here. The same with 3G, EDGE, E-VDO etc etc.... Japan has had live TV for years now and it is relatively new to the US and UK. Japan releases tons of products that the EU and US market will never see. I remember when the PS2 came out. It was out months ahead of time in Japan and you could get it in every color of the rainbow.

Here is your flying car but most of us dont make enought to afford one. I remember seeing it advertised about 5 years ago. I think the Moller M400 goes for a cool million.

267866-4283.jpg