When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

is it me, or does something not look right with this auction.

stilty

On a search for a gen. rolex bracelet for a 15200, I came across this on the bay: 260130486931

Now is it just me, or does something not look right with this. First thing that bugged me is that a single bidder placed 11 bids and brought the price up to $250. What idiot would do that unless it was a shill?

And to me, the center links look solid, especially when looking at the end link, it looks drilled. And on the buckle, it apprears the hinge is attached with a springbar instead of a rivit, not to mention it is not a 78350 buckle and the coronet looks too big to me.

anyone else care to comment?

Center links look solid and the 11 bids from the same bidder is cause for concern. On the other hand, the seller has a good, solid history. My guess is the seller may not be aware of the issues with the bracelet. But I think I would stay away if you are looking for a gen bracelet. Too many issues with that one.

yep auction was ended early item no longer for sale. seems like a trust worthy guy but doesnt look like a gen brancelet to me either. it would be next to impossible for the avg person to tell rep or gen on a bracelet these days.

I bought this Oysterdate from Silix:

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1294

And it came with a very nice 78350/19 bracelet which happened to have correct end links- no cut out notch on the inside ends at each lug- marked 557. I ended up putting it on my gen 1500 Date so that I wouldn't tear up the original flimsy Rolex band. This rep band does have solid mid links, but it still fits my vintage Date nicely. Jay and Angel sell bands/straps separately, so you might give them a try.

On a search for a gen. rolex bracelet for a 15200, I came across this on the bay: 260130486931

Now is it just me, or does something not look right with this. First thing that bugged me is that a single bidder placed 11 bids and brought the price up to $250. What idiot would do that unless it was a shill?

And to me, the center links look solid, especially when looking at the end link, it looks drilled. And on the buckle, it apprears the hinge is attached with a springbar instead of a rivit, not to mention it is not a 78350 buckle and the coronet looks too big to me.

anyone else care to comment?

Affirmative to both questions: Yes, its you and yes, something isn't right with this auction