When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What strap to upgrade the 213 Radiomir Rose Gold?

erwinner

After one year of happy wearing the 231 Radiomir Rose Gold on it's original strap it's time for an upgrade now. But which?

268316-4158.jpg

Lookin for a nice croco strap to wear on a dark suit. Any recommendations? Was thinking of BOB's as his vertigo definately made the PAM090 work, but only croco is honey (bit to light isn't it?)

268316-4159.jpg

Edited by erwinner

I think a dark brown or chocolate strap would look pretty cool on that watch.

No specific suggestions though.

On a watch that's supposed to be gold, I wouldn't put a cheap rep strap on it though and it will cost you some decent coin to get quality alligator/croc. $150+

Save your money and just dye that white stitching with a Letraset ProMarker 'gold' magic marker.

Excellent result guaranteed. Have a look at my rose gold 147 here.

After one year of happy wearing the 231 Radiomir Rose Gold on it's original strap it's time for an upgrade now. But which?

269215-3985.jpg

Lookin for a nice croco strap to wear on a dark suit. Any recommendations? Was thinking of BOB's as his vertigo definately made the PAM090 work, but only croco is honey (bit to light isn't it?)

269215-3986.jpg

Here's a newbie question:

I just purchased from Paul a Pannie whose dimensions are listed as 44mm/12mm.

But when I searched eBay, all they had were straps listed for 24mm (but they looked ample enough to be for 44mm). Is this 2x12mm=24mm?

Here's an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PANERAI-BROWN-LEATHER-...1QQcmdZViewItem

"FITS ALL 44MM PANERAI WATCH MODELS

24MM WIDTH AT LUGS AREA"

Presumably, then, if it says 24mm, it's okay to buy for my 44mm Panerai.

Here's a newbie question:

I just purchased from Paul a Pannie whose dimensions are listed as 44mm/12mm.

But when I searched eBay, all they had were straps listed for 24mm (but they looked ample enough to be for 44mm). Is this 2x12mm=24mm?

12mm is the watch thickness! :lol:

24mm straps fit perfectly on 44mm PAMs.

And to be picky, I personally prefer to use the word 'Pannie' to mean a Panerai fan, rather than as a synonim for PAM. Similarly as for 'Trekkie' for a Star Trek fan.

But I recognize that many people use it the way you did.

the watch boys have really nice alligator straps at a good price (click here for their ebay listing -- i think the chocolate alligator w/ white stitch would look good)....

Thanks for all the great advice and pic's. This sure helps evaluating my options. Although I have to admit that the silver black seal is much more flexible and looks awesome on a black gator!

I am wondering though what's the difference in quality of watchboys compared to BOB's...? For my other PAM's I upgrade to Vertigo and got a best quality strap. Who can helpout?

Fortunately watchboys are asking 99USD nowadays instead of 150, but it's still way more than BOB's 35USD....

I am wondering though what's the difference in quality of watchboys compared to BOB's...? For my other PAM's I upgrade to Vertigo and got a best quality strap. Who can helpout?

i've never had a BOB alligator grain strap, but you should know that it isn't real alligator -- it's alligator grain leather.

watchboys is the real deal, and worth the extra dollars imho.

deltatahoe

12mm is the watch thickness! :lol:

24mm straps fit perfectly on 44mm PAMs.

And to be picky, I personally prefer to use the word 'Pannie' to mean a Panerai fan, rather than as a synonim for PAM. Similarly as for 'Trekkie' for a Star Trek fan.

But I recognize that many people use it the way you did.

Heh. Noted. PAMs it is. And thanks for the info! I'm sure that made some laugh.

--

More strap ideas for 24mms, for those not going the watchboys or Bob route:

Genuine Croc, USD 49.99: http://cgi.ebay.com/24mm-Black-Genuine-Cro...1QQcmdZViewItem

Gator Leather, USD 19.94:

http://cgi.ebay.com/24mm-Gator-Leather-XL-...1QQcmdZViewItem

For my newbie, modestly-priced Panerai, I went for the latter choice. Don't like not having a Panerai buckle, though...

Arrgh! Double negative...

You noticed it just 3 minutes after your first post.

The 'Edit' button makes miracles in such occurrences. :)

I could not live without it, English not being my motherlanguage (as anyone can easily see).