When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally.. after some months I sourced the perfect strap hide in Greece...

V

I was searching for a long time for this hide in Greece.. Last times the tanneries were teling me that they can only sell very big hides which were extremely expensive for my purpose..

Anyways last week I was lucky to find a tannery that was selling a medium size hide of this leather in a decent price.

It is a vintage leather that is used in many traditional leather stuff in Greece and as time passes it gets darker and with a beautiful patina...

It is something that combines the MF WW2 leather, the LV, and the Ammo leather strap together...

It is 5mm.. same leather from both sides. It is not soft in the beginning but it is getting suppler with time.. and it will last more than all of us. :victory:

I can offer only a small amount of straps.. I already sold 2 and I have to make one for myself. ;)

Enough said.. Enjoy the photos

post-89-1182518308_thumb.jpg

post-89-1182518346_thumb.jpg

post-89-1182518471_thumb.jpg

post-89-1182518500_thumb.jpg

Edited by V

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

V,

You really do produce works of art. I love that strap. It has a baseball glove sort of look to the leather which I love. I am actually going to be sending my 25+ yr. old baseball glove to a strapmaker to see if he can turn it into a unique strap for my Pam 029.

I hope to be able to purchase one of your designs someday soon.

Thnks for all your great work.

please do V -- this will be going on my 112 so i'd love to see some pics :D

deltatahoe

There you go... (disgard the PAV99 on the other side.. I am waiting for the sewn-in buckles to finish the straps)

post-89-1182613106_thumb.jpg

post-89-1182613152_thumb.jpg

post-89-1182613168_thumb.jpg

looks fantastic. this reminds me -- i need to measure my favorite strap and get you my measurements....

deltatahoe

Keep in mind that it is 5mm thick and if your favourite strap is thinner we should put some 5mm more ;)

Thanks guys... I believe that this strap stitching is the best i have done to date.. And it is not mine (Simon you are lucky but you deserve it as a loyal customer of my straps ;) )

270406-3673.jpg

Yes Kostas ....very lucky indeed !!!!...this looks the mutts!!!

Practice really does make perfect....and can't wait to receive the finished article!!!

Keep some hide in case the buckle "project" comes off ......this hide on a fiddy or destro 217 would look tasty!

Thanks again

Simon

Yes Kostas ....very lucky indeed !!!!...this looks the mutts!!!

Practice really does make perfect....and can't wait to receive the finished article!!!

Keep some hide in case the buckle "project" comes off ......this hide on a fiddy or destro 217 would look tasty!

Thanks again

Simon

Thanks Simon.. I will keep some hide aside because it will look fabulous on the fiddy...

My own strap finished today with the sewn-in vintagised buckle.. I prefered on my strap white thread instead of matching vintage beige. Photos to come..

you have PM w/ dimensions.

thanks V :victory:

deltatahoe

And your strap is today ready to dispatch ;)

With round edge as requested.. Something different than the usual designs :thumbsupsmileyanim:

btw.. I can put this strap on vintage watches with fixed lugs.. If you send me the watch you will have the ultimate strap fixed on your watch and not those ugly rivets most of those watches have ;)

post-89-1182948414_thumb.jpg

post-89-1182948467_thumb.jpg

post-89-1182948486_thumb.jpg

FANTASTIC work V! I am starting to try and stitch my own straps, I did one that turned out ok, but my stitches were uneven and crooked looking, even though I carefully measured and marked the leather it didn't turn out well.

I have seen those tools that have a wheel with spikes on it, do you use something like this?

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/product...?number=8091-00

271707-3484.jpg

Or do you use something like this?

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/product...?number=8043-00

271707-3485.jpg

FANTASTIC work V! I am starting to try and stitch my own straps, I did one that turned out ok, but my stitches were uneven and crooked looking, even though I carefully measured and marked the leather it didn't turn out well.

The three tools I am using for making my straps are the following (plus of course the two needles):

One to groove the edges, one to even spacely where the holes will go and the third to open the holes.

271782-3465.jpg

If you want the stitching to go zig-zag this is the formation of the holes you should do:

271782-3466.jpg

My strap came in from V last week, it is AWESOME!! I want to post some pics of it on my 112, but alas it's off to Flavor Flav right now for a Palp crown install. But I can say pics don't do the straps justice, superb workmanship.

MK08

My strap came in from V last week, it is AWESOME!! I want to post some pics of it on my 112, but alas it's off to Flavor Flav right now for a Palp crown install. But I can say pics don't do the straps justice, superb workmanship.

MK08

Thanks a lot my friend...

Working with this leather is extremely pleasant and not at all much time-consuming. The vintage waxed thread is also helping for the very parallel zig-zag stitching..

Again I have to say that this is by far the best hide I have ever seen for watch straps.