When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best possible for $4.000 or less

gran

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the most underated out there, the Wyler Vetta true Swiss on a budget......

269573-3888.jpg

269573-3889.jpg

269573-3890.jpg

269573-3891.jpg

269573-3892.jpg

269573-3893.jpg

269573-3894.jpg

269573-3895.jpg

269573-3896.jpg

Ok they are not big watches with the average being 40mm but shop wisely and most of these will leave you with a couple of thousand dollars left over from your stash for other goodies.

Ken

If you want something that no one will EVER think is a rep .. and will blow their mind .. go custom!

If I had that money in my pocket I'd be looking for a Jochen Benzinger piece.

These pieces are all around $5000, but I saw a stunner go on Timezone second hand for $3000.

269600-3880.jpg

269600-3881.jpg

269600-3882.jpg

269600-3883.jpg

Might be a bit too fancy if you like the pilot dial look though...?

Happy hunting!

That's a beautiful piece, Dani!

How about a Ulysse Nardin, Gran?

Maxi Marine Chronometer.. 41mm I think. Power Reserve at 12. They also come on SS bracelets.

269606-3878.jpg

Ulysse Nardin Maxi diver is a looker for sure here is another version

269606-3879.jpg

I would go with a brand wich will keep its aftermarket value and prestige .

In that budget you can find hundreds of watches from IWC, Blancpain, Breitling, BRM, Bell&Ross, Ebel, Montblanc, Omega, Zenith, Piaget, Tag Heuer, Chopard, Panerai, Girard Perregaux, Ulysse nardin... and so many other swiss brands.

Why are you so concerned of people thinking it may be a rep? If people around you knows you wear reps, no matter what watch you wear, they will always think it is a rep... if they don't know... just enjoy it have have joy and peace of soul. Genuines has always someting special that not the best rep can match.

Exellent suggetsions all around :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@dec

I love those BENZINGERS and would consider this one even if its "uncomplicated". Its my kind of watch :wub: naked and spectacular..but not sure if it qualifies for being a daily beater as it is so stylish

269616-3866.jpg

@Stephane

That is one stunning JLC :wub: but again its not fit to be a daily beater...great a dinner parties

@Sir Ken Berg

Wyler Vetta like LONGINES|have great looking affordable watches....

@tigerdaytona

That ORIS sure is desireable :thumbsupsmileyanim: ..but the orange even if modest is not my style..would be great to wear during the summer while boating

@Dani

Du har god smak Daniel. You impress me. You have developed your taste in a direction that is laudable. That JLC is worth having and certainly fit all my criteria..only down side is the day/date setup that reduces my desire for this watch.

@Nanug (Bob)

Sure I can do better :rolleyes: and YOU know very well I would never wear a ROLEX :yeah: it would be like asking you to buy a SEIKO Landmaster South Pole for use as your daily beater :p

269616-3867.jpg

@qwerty4

You got a point there...the search goes on :)

@Everythingape

That Ulysse Nardin certainly fits the bill...a true high end luxury brand too...its a little to conservative maybe...but maybe...maybe..

Thanks for the input

Gunnar :group:

I would go with a brand wich will keep its aftermarket value and prestige .

In that budget you can find hundreds of watches from IWC, Blancpain, Breitling, BRM, Bell&Ross, Ebel, Montblanc, Omega, Zenith, Piaget, Tag Heuer, Chopard, Panerai, Girard Perregaux, Ulysse nardin... and so many other swiss brands.

Why are you so concerned of people thinking it may be a rep? If people around you knows you wear reps, no matter what watch you wear, they will always think it is a rep... if they don't know... just enjoy it have have joy and peace of soul. Genuines has always someting special that not the best rep can match.

I have been thinking the same thing for years...it is probably the best to buy a watch that does not drop in value :)

My point is not that I am not first and foremost afraid that people will think its a rep....my new watch simply has to have complications that one is not likely to find in a replica if not I might as well buy a replica...its not only about the looks.....see the difference? :)

MVH

Gunnar :)

Gunnar, I agree 100% with luisik. The last thing I ever worry about is if someone thinks my gen is a rep. If they did, I would know immediately that they didn't know beans about watches. :)

For your type of budget, you have a world of fine time pieces to select from. Buy what you truly want and enjoy it. I would only add that in this price range, I suggest concentrating on watches with in-house built movements. The latter keep their values more so that those with off the shelf movements plus those movements will not be replicated.

Gunnar, I agree 100% with luisik. The last thing I ever worry about is if someone thinks my gen is a rep. If they did, I would know immediately that they didn't know beans about watches. :)

For your type of budget, you have a world of fine time pieces to select from. Buy what you truly want and enjoy it. I would only add that in this price range, I suggest concentrating on watches with in-house built movements. The latter keep their values more so that those with off the shelf movements plus those movements will never be replicated.

In house movement would be great :) even if they in this price category likely will just be modifications in opr ontopof ETA movement....give me a hint of what inhouse movements you are thinking of Jetsons

regards

Gunnar

If you want something that no one will EVER think is a rep .. and will blow their mind .. go custom!

If I had that money in my pocket I'd be looking for a Jochen Benzinger piece.

These pieces are all around $5000, but I saw a stunner go on Timezone second hand for $3000.

269632-3860.jpg

269632-3861.jpg

269632-3862.jpg

269632-3863.jpg

Might be a bit too fancy if you like the pilot dial look though...?

Happy hunting!

from Jochen Benzinger you get the best for your money... $7.500 watch in FULL HAND MADE and UNIQUE

i have many movements from Jochen Benzinger and build watches for my customers. But now build my OWN watch with Benzinger movement.

this here is in production from Master Benzinger and should ready in September (he has very long waiting period). Genuine Maurice Lacroix movement with PLATIN plated blue main plate :Jumpy:

and the dial and hands are from limited Maurice Lacroix Pocketwatch... search also for a nice fitting case in 44- 46mm... will post pics when this watch is ready

@tourby

BENZINGER :wub: is certainly something i will consider

even so it looks like we are movein toward prices that are too steep :) lets keep it $4000 and down...please tourby you are making my mouth water

The watch that has caught my eye lately as a daily wearer in that price range is the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Don't have pics but they cost around that and IMHO a much more elegant version of a Rolex Sub with vintages as the exception of course. ;)

Gunnar-

You always struck me as a JLC type though. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Gunnar, take your time and keep your eyes peeled on the TZ sales corner. Personally, I would take a serious look at Jaeger Le-Coultre. New, they can be found for 30% or so off from very reputable sources. The fit, finish & movements of a JLC will never be replicated in any way that is remotely convincing. They are superb watches and IMO, one of the best relative values in the high end.

Zenith El Primero. Keep and eye on Watchseller and of course, TZ.

Added: Just to give you an idea on the El Primero:

http://watchseller.com/zenporroyelp.html

http://watchseller.com/zenporelprim.html

Another would be Rlx but I don't think you want to go there. :)

I have been thinking the same thing for years...it is probably the best to buy a watch that does not drop in value :)

My point is not that I am not first and foremost afraid that people will think its a rep....my new watch simply has to have complications that one is not likely to find in a replica if not I might as well buy a replica...its not only about the looks.....see the difference? :)

MVH

Gunnar :)

I see your point.

is this Zenith complicated enough for a daily use ?

@tourby

BENZINGER :wub: is certainly something i will consider

even so it looks like we are movein toward prices that are too steep :) lets keep it $4000 and down...please tourby you are making my mouth water

@Gunnar

your bad luck... you has never contact me

building a Benzinger watch for a customer in 18k rose gold and one of Mr. Benzingers most expensive movement. FULL HAND MADE SKELETON AND ENGRAVED FROM MASTER BENZINGER

Benzingers price is over $12.000, but from me for nearly half price :winkiss:

look here

Here is my next Gran,you shoud consider it JLC is not easy to replicate and ther looks are stunning :thumbsupsmileyanim:

269706-3844.jpg

Do you know the ref # of that JLC, Dani? I've never seen the version w/ the blue hands...or is it a 2007 model?