When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA Calibre Valgranges in replicas?

gran

When will we start seeing Calibre Valgranges in replicas? are they too expensive or is the replica buisness content with the movements they have... :rolleyes:

271433-3512.jpg

With its large size and second time zone, this new family of innovative automatic calibres from ETA assimilates two current trends. Available in a number of different versions, it is designed for both sporting ranges and sophisticated models

We are witnessing the demand for large, even very large watches. These watches are not only designed to display the time, but also to express the personality of the wearer. Today

Are they available outside the group?

I think LONGINES are using them in some new watches so should be possible :g: its all about the money...they can do what 7750 can and maybe more and more reliably

I doubt anyone outside of the SWATCH group will be able to buy one of these...

We will have to wait till they become surplus on the open market, which is not going to happen for a long time, if ever.

I am afraid the days of ETA's are soon coming to an end, which is why I am stockpiling my ETA parts and sorting them out, I think it's only going to get worse, not better.

It is a beautiful line of movements, would love to tear a few down for fun.

RG

I doubt anyone outside of the SWATCH group will be able to buy one of these...

We will have to wait till they become surplus on the open market, which is not going to happen for a long time, if ever.

I am afraid the days of ETA's are soon coming to an end, which is why I am stockpiling my ETA parts and sorting them out, I think it's only going to get worse, not better.

It is a beautiful line of movements, would love to tear a few down for fun.

RG

correct master The Zigmeister :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i think also we will never see this movement in reps... ETA factory told me 3 years waiting period of Valgranges :Jumpy:

the end of ETA for public comming soon... collect your old ETA movements, may the will go higher value next years :D

if you look rep market you see less genuine ETA movements.... PAM watches use now ONLY asian Unitas movements and NO MORE swiss Unitas. IWC Jones change from swiss Unitas to asian. RLX watches comes with new asian ETA automatic... Bell&Ross and Omega used asian 2892-A2... PAM watches with gen. 2892 or 2893 are absolute rare and daytonas with swiss 7750 are vanished from market

where the swiss movements here on rep market? Very rare :black_eye:

I think you are both mistaken. Sorry! :)

ETA is here to stay and so is the Valgranges....within 3 years I think we will see a Valgranges (or at least anASIAN copy) in a replica :victory:

The 7750 in the Chopard XL was billed as a Valgranges copy.

Isn't the Valgranges just a 7750 with a bigger diameter and larger datewheel and the chrono functions removed?

Come on Jonathan :yeah: some Valgranges have chronograph function...obviously there is some resemblance but it is closer to 28XX ETA than to the Valjoux

Is a ship justa large car without wheels???? :bangin:

ETA is here to stay and so is the Valgranges....within 3 years I think we will see a Valgranges (or at least anASIAN copy) in a replica :victory:

Valgranges copy, inevitable.

Valgranges in quantities for reps (not just one-offs or frankens), not a chance in hell.

Where, for instance, is the 2894-based replica? Simply doesn't exist.

Well... The 2894 is a bit different. Not exactly easy to reverse engineer with that DD module sitting on top...

I was asking about replicas powered by the 2894. :D

It's older and more ubiquitous (no pun intended) than the Valgranges and we've never seen a replica with one inside.

Ahhhh... I gotcha...

I do think there were a few 2894 powered vintage Daytonas some time ago... Not a large production run, but like the 3133 Poljot powered pieces.

Also... I think PureTime was selling a 2894 (movement only) once from a TAG... Maybe a little over a year ago, if I recall correct?

They do come around... But I agree. We'll probably never see any mass production pieces with that caliber...

I disagree.

Look at Bob Frei, in business for 80 years, one of the longest and largest suppliers in the USA, Bob can't get genuine ETA movements from ETA, they won't sell them to him. Bob is left with picking up surplus movements on the open market, as is everyone who is not part of the Swatch group.

It's no secret that in 2009 ETA (the largest mechanical movement manufacturer in the world) wil not sell outside SWATCH.

If Bob Frei can't buy ETA movements but from the surplus supplier, while ETA is selling to non-SWATCH members, what happens in 2010 beyond...

ETA will not be avalible, Tourbi knows this, he's next to the source.

Call ETA in your country and just try and buy one part from them, they will not sell anything to anyone...I have tried, spoke to the lead salesman for ETA in Canada, you can't buy anything from them...

I'll keep saving my ETA's, because I know they are only going to be more rare as time goes on.

ETA's in Rep's??? not for much longer I think... 7753 gone, 2892, gone, 2893-2 gone, 2892 with PR gone...we have seen this in the past two years alone here on RWG...

I wish you were correct...the signs are here, all you have to do is look at them.

RG

:wounded1:

You certainly have a strong argument going there The Zigmeister...you know what you are talking about ...I guess a future asian copy is our only possible but slim hope -_-

Edited by Gunnar Gran

You still want to make that bet? :whistling:

and be forced to make a frankenwatch to avoid losing a bet like that :lol: we have to hav a hope..without hope we are no more

and be forced to make a frankenwatch to avoid losing a bet like that :lol: we have to hav a hope..without hope we are no more

I place my hope in the ingenuity of the Chinese over the openness of the Swiss any day. Bring on the copy movements! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Think about the huge market for quality mechanical movements when ETA leaves a big hole in the ground by stopping selling outside Swatch.

Someone somewhere has to be looking at this, and figuring out a way to fill the void.

How hard can it be to make high quality movements, with CNC and computer design etc.

This is only my opinion, but I find it hard to ignore the signs that are all around me when I order parts etc.

RG

Bring on seagull and selita, I just found the seagull on cousinsuk.com for a touch more than a gen eta 2836, they know that soon tis will proberbly be the coice for many that want some thing reliable, i am of the opinion that correctly serviced this is almost as good as a 2892. I also belive that although parts are not interchangeable between silita and ETA when serviced itis as good as a 2836/24. And the chinese, do we see problems the the asian unitas, no not realy. I dont see a problem with out eta, we will get a valagranges copy and i think it will work. My glass is half full.

We're just going to have to get over our ETA fixations and deal w/ the fact that next year 90% of our reps will be powered by different movements--If the chinese continue to improve their copies I for one will be completely satisifed.