When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Geting a piece for my better half .

lazarini

I hear you. Someone here (or possibly on the other forums) posted a photo of his girlfriend wearing a Panny. It looked fantastic on her. Don't know what wrist size she was, however. But don't forget, there are models that are smaller than 44mm which may be right up your alley.

If you would like a wrist shot of the Better Half wearing one of my Pams, just say the word...

I think I know the one to which you refer, actually! Was it the PAM Purdey Lion, against the background of a Polish girl's thighs? ;)

You won't believe this, but it was that very sequence of photos that made me say, okay, she's wearing a PAM, it's huge, and she and I are rather similar physically. How bad can I look? Famous last words, maybe...

Kollektor, sure! Please post those photos if you can. :)

I think I know the one to which you refer, actually! Was it the PAM Purdey Lion, against the background of a Polish girl's thighs? ;)

You won't believe this, but it was that very sequence of photos that made me say, okay, she's wearing a PAM, it's huge, and she and I are rather similar physically. How bad can I look? Famous last words, maybe...

Kollektor, sure! Please post those photos if you can. :)

No photos yet, but I do have some potentially discouraging news. Put my 063 on the wife last night and it was borderline ridiculous. The case and lugs practically overshot her wrists so that the strap could hardly be seen when looking straight down at the dial. Now I'm used to seeing large watches on people, so all looked relatively normal to me, but I think that others may have a different perception. Wife thought it to be on the ridiculous side. :-(

No photos yet, but I do have some potentially discouraging news. Put my 063 on the wife last night and it was borderline ridiculous. The case and lugs practically overshot her wrists so that the strap could hardly be seen when looking straight down at the dial. Now I'm used to seeing large watches on people, so all looked relatively normal to me, but I think that others may have a different perception. Wife thought it to be on the ridiculous side. :-(

Ay. What have I done? Straps already bought, too...maybe a dozen. :(

Oh well, I'm looking on the bright side until I actually get it on my hand. Failing all else, I can pay for my new hobby as a clown in kid's parties.

Ay. What have I done? Straps already bought, too...maybe a dozen. :(

Oh well, I'm looking on the bright side until I actually get it on my hand. Failing all else, I can pay for my new hobby as a clown in kid's parties.

Only time will tell. Personally, I'd love the look, but then, I'm a PAM freak and would appreciate what you're wearing. Some may not get it. But you're wearing it for you, and that's all that matters. Just make sure you post some wrist shots.

Have you considered the smaller version of the Chanel J12? That's 33mm... I swapped the bracelet on my fiance's for a synthetic leather cuff-style strap and she wears it most days. I know it is not a very clear picture, but this might give you another idea :)

275284-2635.jpg

Best of luck with your selection and purchase :)

that is really usefull pics ,

as i have a submariner and she tried it looks same size as on the picture u posted .

the ladyes DJ just puts the femminine side out ... so delicate but again inposing watch ... ladyes piece indeed.

regards laz

VBarret - for your reference. Hope these help. Even the SD looks quite large. Me, I love that look. Won't be winning any photo awards, I know...

Incredible pics, Kollektor! Please thank your wife on behalf of the group, as well.

I actually feel a little better now, since by far, the PAM was the one which looked most at home on your wife's dainty wrists. Whatever the Panerai has, it also has charisma, style, presence that other watches just don't have; and perhaps that's what allows it to look good on women too.

The worst, the Breitling, yipes. Now THAT looked hideous on her. And me wanting a white steelfish, on brown leather band too, since I had heard that with Andrew's are guaranteed for swimming use. Ah well.

Thanks again! :)

Incredible pics, Kollektor! Please thank your wife on behalf of the group, as well.

I actually feel a little better now, since by far, the PAM was the one which looked most at home on your wife's dainty wrists. Whatever the Panerai has, it also has charisma, style, presence that other watches just don't have; and perhaps that's what allows it to look good on women too.

The worst, the Breitling, yipes. Now THAT looked hideous on her. And me wanting a white steelfish, on brown leather band too, since I had heard that with Andrew's are guaranteed for swimming use. Ah well.

Thanks again! :)

Glad these help. I think wrist shots are vital. I have New and Improved Osteopath to thank for his wrist shots of the Sant chrono--which made me pull the trigger. I was worried that it would wear too large and his pictures put me at ease. These things really need context. The wife thought the Panny looked horrid on her, but I actually like the look. Then again, she gasps in pain when I wear my RO Jumbo so we really have to wear these things for ourselves. Looking forward to your wrist shots within the next few days. I love Pug's white SF on leather; may not look so bad on you...

I love Pug's white SF on leather; may not look so bad on you...

Right! It's Pug's photo that made me want it. :)

I will definitely post a wrist shot, but no earlier than Saturday since I'm having my nails done then. Blood red nails and a PAM. Mmm.

*g*

I am also looking for a watch for my girl. Thinking of getting the J12, is there a reason why the white ceramic is more expensive than the black ceramic? Is white ceramic more expensive to produce?

Also, is there any point getting the genuine ceramic? Is it worth the price difference? The black J12 with the baguette diamonds on the bezel look pretty good as well. But not sure about the quality of the ceramic.

• 3 weeks later...

My lady likes the cartiers that Angel & Jay offer through their budget-site... Ridiculously cheap!

What about a cartier for no more than 33$ (!!!). She does not care about mechical movements and likes the fact she does not need to forget to reset the time each time she put it away next to the bed for a couple of days.

She also liked the accuracy of minute-markers and a second-hand as she's a teacher and needs to know exactly how much time is left until the schoolbel rings ;-)

http://www.watchsilix.com/product.asp?id=591

288759-6777.jpg

As the square case of the Tank does not suit every outfit, she requested me to order a pasha as well. Looks similar to the seatimer, but a simpler style bezel and dial (which she prefers).

<a href="http://www.rwg.cc/members/se_redirect.php?url=http://www.rwg.cc/members/se_redirect.php?url=http://www.watchsilix.com/product.asp?id=1807" target="_blank">

http://www.watchsilix.com/product.asp?id=1807</a>

288759-6778.jpg

Both watches can be ordered in male and female sizes, but my wife consistently choose the bigger sizes. and than again, the pasha is only 35mm and the tank is even less.

Edited by erwinner

My wife has petite wrists and didn't like large watches until she started wearing them. Now she's hooked.

Her top 3:

- PAM 051 with some nice, soft, colored straps to match her outfits

- FM Conquistador white dial (lady's size)

- Men's J12 w/ diamond bezel - she doesn't like jewelry very much but the bling on this one is kind of fun and she doesn't have to worry about the bezel aligningwith the 12 marker

Good luck!

Have a look at the Omega Aqua tera in 38mm, large but not too big, i bought my wife a gen a year or so ago with the rose gold markers and my self the rep.

Gen

289139-6501.jpg

It is now on the corect At bracelet as well

Rep

289139-6502.jpg

By the way while we are on the subject of pams on ladiees

217 on my wife, i know you would not like to fight her! I did once, only once!

289139-6503.jpg