When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TTK MBW with JewelryOutlet Insert+Watchmaterial Pearl

bklm1234

I posted this on RWI before. For those who can't find a gen insert or don't want to spend like $100+ on a gen insert, the jewelryoutlet $15 insert + watchmaterial $31 pearl (buy the insert and extract the pearl) is a great alternative. You don't have to mill the back so much. As a matter of fact, if you take too much off, the insert won't snap in and you have to glue it. If you do like I did, the insert snaps in tight without any glue. The result is pretty satisfactory. I managed to get a slight recess in the bezel. Enjoy.

Jewelryoutlet insert before mod, still has it's own pearl:

275246-2637.jpg

Milled the back just enough to get rid of the ridge that prevents it to snap in:

275246-2638.jpg

275246-2639.jpg

Insert snaps in without glue. Looks flush here while it's actually slightly recessed:

275246-2640.jpg

275246-2641.jpg

It's pretty clear here that the insert is slightly recessed. Notice the bezel lip stands out. Check out the watchmaterial pearl. Very decent:

275246-2642.jpg

275246-2643.jpg

275246-2644.jpg

275246-2645.jpg

275246-2646.jpg

275246-2647.jpg

-bk

I'm a little confused. Is the pearl mentioned above from watchmaterial different than the one that is in the bezel insert they offer? Why wouldn't you just mod the watchmaterial insert and put it in?

The watchmaterial insert has a nice pearl but the insert paint and font are not so good while the JewelryOutlet insert is just the opposite. The gloss on the JewelryOutlet insert is just perfect. That's why I recommend combining the 2. Wouldn't it be nice if somebody makes a perfect aftermarket insert?

-bk