When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Most Beautiful Mario Paci strap

Victoria

Thanks to a head's up from another wonderful member (you know who you are, mwah!), plus having seen V's gorgeous two-fer photos, AND then saw that you broke down and bought the famed PAV 91, deltatahoe...well:

I BOUGHT THE PAV 91!! The Holy Grail of Panerai straps, woo!! :)

[...]

WOO, I got a strap now that costs more than any either of my PAMs. That's just wrong somehow.

@vbarrett, congrats! i think you'll be pleased with the mario paci PAV 91 -- i received mine yesterday and it is a real looker :blush:

deltatahoe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

V!!! you are crazy :crazy: not one but TWO mp pav 91's??!?

i have to confess though -- i broke down and bought an mp pav 91 at a nice discount...hopefully some pictures to follow this weekend...

deltatahoe

:rolleyes: wow that is crazy ...

but i will confess now that we are laying our cards on the table ... i got 1...2...3 .. :whistling: ..i may be just a little obsesive compulsive here... not that no one can relate to that sentiment. <_< what if they run out and these are the only ones left in the free world???? :g:

:rolleyes: wow that is crazy ...

but i will confess now that we are laying our cards on the table ... i got 1...2...3 .. :whistling: ..i may be just a little obsesive compulsive here... not that no one can relate to that sentiment. <_< what if they run out and these are the only ones left in the free world???? :g:

Then we all move to China! En masse. Hey, read the fine print of the VIP upgrade -- I'm quite sure I read "accomodations in China provided".

Then we all move to China! En masse. Hey, read the fine print of the VIP upgrade -- I'm quite sure I read "accomodations in China provided".

I'm partial to southern Chinese cooking... so it would not be a bad thing

wonder what the Romans wore with their sundials??? it had to be something stylish, imagine getting one of those reps :bangin:

I think they invented the real Bling.. Joshua Octavius ..... Andrew Augustus .. how's that for rep dealers handles? :blink:

I'm partial to southern Chinese cooking... so it would not be a bad thing

wonder what the Romans wore with their sundials??? it had to be something stylish, imagine getting one of those reps :bangin:

I am an historian by training, so I can tell you that the Roman envoys to each of their Imperial outposts used to bring their wives with them. There are still parchments extanct from these ladies chatting with their many tradesmen back home, which would make our PMs and emails to Octavius and Augustus (see below) pale in comparison!

They wanted the latest style footwear, as shod by the most fashionable ladies in Rome, even if they traipsed on the good mud of Britannia.

...Hunter wellies haven't yet been invented.

Ditto for dresses, scented oils, and coiffeur styles.

I think they invented the real Bling.. Joshua Octavius ..... Andrew Augustus .. how's that for rep dealers handles? :blink:

Ave Caesar! Those are awesome nicknames. I propose our next communication with them start off like that, "Dear Augustus", without a word being said as to why.

That way we'll know who still reads the forum. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I am an historian by training, so I can tell you that the Roman envoys to each of their Imperial outposts used to bring their wives with them. There are still parchments extanct from these ladies chatting with their many tradesmen back home, which would make our PMs and emails to Octavius and Augustus (see below) pale in comparison!

They wanted the latest style footwear, as shod by the most fashionable ladies in Rome, even if they traipsed on the good mud of Britannia.

...Hunter wellies haven't yet been invented.

Ditto for dresses, scented oils, and coiffeur styles.

Ave Caesar! Those are awesome nicknames. I propose our next communication with them start off like that, "Dear Augustus", without a word being said as to why.

That way we'll know who still reads the forum. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hail VB ... optimo ... maximo ... the best the greatest... what dealer deserves such acolades.... ah maybe sssurfer .. CT ,Lello, Flav,Ziggy,Kruzer,Delta the watch Gods of the Rep world.. Hail to thee <_< .... Naaaahhhh...my fantasy.... 199 in Titanium ... but i inquired and the answer depressed me.. :wounded1:

Got another PAV 91 BUT .. Toscana ... same hide though with a little bigger stiching ... exatamondo same hide as the MP ... you are not going to believe what i paid... go ahead you have to ask first.. may be going to sleep soon though ..LOL

Well.. is it worth so much money for a high end strap?

NO and YES...

YES if you are willing to go to Florence find the hide, find someone to make the strap for you in high standards and bring it to your door.

NO if all the above does not seem like a possibility to you.

I personally have a Metta strap that costed me around 60-70$ because I found the hide, I found the leathersmith, I found a nice buckle etc etc. Does the Metta worths it for 250$ that it sells? Not for me.. But for the 99% of the people if they don't pay they won't get.

Same thing is with the watches.. Does a genuine Panerai base worths 4000$ ? HELL NO.. If someone manages to find me a nice genuine dial, a SWISS reliable and accurately looking movement, give me 2 years guarantee and resale value plus kiss my ass in the AD for 30min to 1 hour and all this for 1.000$ I will sell my 112 tomorrow ;)

At the end every item worths what people are willing to pay.

and NO you don't see DOUBLE MP PAV91 and it is not a photoshop trick (although I may sell one in the future to get more straps in) !!!!! :black_eye:

281398-11164.jpg

Well said V :thumbsupsmileyanim: beauty is in the eyes of the ... yada, yada , yada .... exactly why i can afford to buy a gen pam but choose not to right now but a strap .. since you create your own and sell them ... i could not do what you do ... i could not create a PAV 91 .... People also spend as much in a bar or club in one hour or one night... so it's all relative ... agian WELL SAID

Just bought another one! We need a support group, Lanikai...although I swear this is my last strap...maybe. Let this fever pass...or not...

Do you know American football .... (the yards in a playing field?)..... let's just say i bought enough straps today for a first down ... yards for a first down is 10

:bounce: HELP...... I'll stop if u will.... yeah right :blink:

Do you know American football .... (the yards in a playing field?)..... let's just say i bought enough straps today for a first down ... yards for a first down is 10

:bounce: HELP...... I'll stop if u will.... yeah right :blink:

I even know Canadian football! They have one less down. ;)

I'm not sure if I'm at your level yet, Lanikai, but let's just I finally know how Ricky Williams feels like most of the time, as I am totally smoking!

(BTW, speaking of sports, I've been told Europelli's baseball strap is great -- but another collector said they're not as good as the Italian hides. Thoughts? ...before I break down and buy one. 4th and inches...)

P.S.: Bought the Anacardo. Couldn't resist.

(BTW, speaking of sports, I've been told Europelli's baseball strap is great -- but another collector said they're not as good as the Italian hides. Thoughts? ...before I break down and buy one. 4th and inches...)

It's good but not great (had one and sold it) and not as good as the Italian hides...

I don't want to sound cocky but my Greek hide is much better than most of the hides out there.. Just ask the proud owners who have already received their straps.. Much cheaper and hand made by yours truly :victory:;)

Just bought another one! We need a support group, Lanikai...although I swear this is my last strap...maybe. Let this fever pass...or not...

You should get one of V's Ferrari straps before all the leather is gone too - I have just placed my order, too unique an opportunity to pass up....

You should get one of V's Ferrari straps before all the leather is gone too - I have just placed my order, too unique an opportunity to pass up....

God, why didn't I see V's reply and yours before I bought so many straps last night...argh! We'll see. I'm nearly skint. There goes my trip to St. Tropez. ;)

I bought the Paci PAV 91 when it was first offered and got it in May. Here it is on my fiddy. It also looks great on my 232. :victory:

281837-10954.jpg

Shot with DSC-T50 at 2007-07-14

I bought the Paci PAV 91 when it was first offered and got it in May. Here it is on my fiddy. It also looks great on my 232. :victory:

281854-10950.jpg

Magnificent. I've been told a package has arrived from Elliot, so I'll check that tomorrow and probably FINALLY give you guys wrist-check shots with the PAV 91.

Shot with DSC-T50 at 2007-07-14

Hey, Hambone. Panerai minds think alike -- I got a Sony camera too. Very similar in fact, though I don't know the model. Great cameras for the price. :)

I even know Canadian football! They have one less down. ;)

I'm not sure if I'm at your level yet, Lanikai, but let's just I finally know how Ricky Williams feels like most of the time, as I am totally smoking!

P.S.: Bought the Anacardo. Couldn't resist.

Had a couple of friends play in Canada... freaky rules and bigger field..

I'm not at any level... V is the true strapman .... creates his own...

the anacardo looks like an over ripe avacado in colour .. had to get a MP XI in papaya brown after Delta T's pics of his brown dial with one... should go well with my ti/brown dial... love them titanium cases (when oxidized properly)but couldn't connect the right colour strap until now... thanks Delta

I don't know about the Europelli's ... but you are right.. Hard to beat the Italians for their hides and further ... hard to beat their tanning with their colours..generations of artisans and craftsmen.... although i am really tempted to try V's Greek hide ... Sparta had warriors and style..

Wearing my Davidsens ti/pvd that i got today.. with vintage dial ... off white egg shell lume ... glows bright though... need to try some pics... i have a italian bull hide dark mocha brown with really light brown stiching on it.. just imagine in your minds eye for now too tired to take pics (lazy)

are you going for the Senape?? ... Life is a game of inches.... LIVE STRONG AND WEAR IT WELL :victory:

Had a couple of friends play in Canada... freaky rules and bigger field..

I'm not at any level... V is the true strapman .... creates his own...

the anacardo looks like an over ripe avacado in colour

Ooh, don't like the sound of that somehow. Green makes my skin look sallow, even dark green. I have until tonight to change my mind...any opinions welcome.

.. had to get a MP XI in papaya brown after Delta T's pics of his brown dial with one... should go well with my ti/brown dial...
Right! I loved Delta T's photos and I was only prevented from posting to say so, because it's like I'm in every thread these days! I don't want to wear out my welcome, by dominating the forum. :)

love them titanium cases (when oxidized properly)but couldn't connect the right colour strap until now...

Been told there's a package for me at the address I gave a member for his PAM 177/118. So I bought my first Ti. Now will it be feminine enough to wear? We'll see.

Unfortunately Elliot doesn't have the XI papaya in my 115/75 or 20 size.

(lazy)
Aww-www.

are you going for the Senape?? ... Life is a game of inches.... LIVE STRONG AND WEAR IT WELL :victory:

Using the search function, I saw that V had a PAM on the Senape. Looks GREAT on his PAM 111h, but not too sure it would look good on me.

Still, your thoughts? Prefer the Senape or Anacardo personally, and why. 1200 words or less. ;)

...and you said no more money for straps :p

:whistling:

Hehe. No I don't have money, but Elliot only sends out packages on Mondays! I still have a few hours to change my mind, since I bought two straps from him on Friday. HELP! OPINIONS! Anacardo or Senape? ;)