When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Most Beautiful Mario Paci strap

Victoria

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-6/1028476/PAV91.JPG

"Mario Paci Special Edition original leather PAV 91 with MP Brushed sewn in buckle for Panerai watch"

A steal at U$269. Sigh. Too rich for me right now, even with the other forum discount. :(

She is a beauty and i could not resist.. go to (TC straps) Elliot's the "Man", .. i will ask him if he is wiling to give a discount to reffered clients..

I had to return a Genuine Alligator Panerai today .. they have some strange sizes I take a 125/80 .. they have 115/75 then it goes to 115/95 the buckle rides near the 6 oclock anyone have a solution to this????

Edited by lanikai

sorry but this price for a strap is insane, I dont believe theres a leather quality thats worth these money, I assume ppl get them just to show off. I make my own straps from hides that are 7usd max. Compared to rep straps they are beyond any comparison. 270usd for a strap just isnt right.

I just cannot resist to tell its too much :\

anyway I would have to see one in person to judge properly, byut I think I would stand with my already made mind.

Edited by pubus

"Mario Paci Special Edition original leather PAV 91 with MP Brushed sewn in buckle for Panerai watch"

A steal at U$269. Sigh. Too rich for me right now, even with the other forum discount. :(

VB... check out .."TC Straps" they carry MP's their OFMP XIII in "Noce" similar colour to 91 for 199 usd .. i have one you will not be dissapointed

the PAV 91 is one of the best to be sure.....our resident strap collector V likes to taunt us with these beauties like these (click here for his PAV thread)....

deltatahoe

:Jumpy:

Holy schnikey. That V sure is lucky!! I even love the PAV99! By the way, I was super busy today, but I finally got my Andrew 111h.

Ladies and gentlemen, if there is such a thing as falling in love with an inanimate object, I'm a total goner.

The Panerai is by far, the most distinctive, addictive, sexy watch on the world stage today. I'm TOTALLY hooked. Ordered the PAM 199 already.

Since it's a thread about straps, here is the one I put on the starter 111:

http://timeconnection.biz/Merchant2/mercha...Product_Count=3

Maybe to you guys who are used to buying Mario Pacis, and those gorgeous hides from our various vendors (like Greg Straps as mentioned by Chieftang below), maybe you see this and go, eh. So what, Vic, seen better, cheaper too. But I tell you, it's stunning. Wrist-shots on Monday, when I get a little more time!

By the way, Elliot couldn't have been nicer, and speedier in delivery either. I respect other people's opinions, especially older posters, but the rep he has here SO FAR seems nonsensical.

Either way, MWAH! Me love PAMs!

:Jumpy:

Since it's a thread about straps, here is the one I put on the starter 111:

http://timeconnection.biz/Merchant2/mercha...Product_Count=3

Yes, that's the real thing.

I grabbed this strap from a canadian guy on *bay, and after some weeks of wearing I ordered the black and the tan cordovan from Elliot (of course with a discount form another boards coupon :thumbsupsmileyanim: ). I am absolutely addicted to these straps.

They are not so soft as others and give you the right touch and feel with a heavy watch.

Enjoy wearing, Ole

Considering that the cost of this strap is the same price for most of the Pam reps., I too think that the price is absurd.

I have found that over the years, a little time spent on paneristi.com, one can find these straps, and ones like it for 1/2 the cost.

I have a number of MP staps, brand new for the neighborhood price of 100.00. Still expensive, but realistic. Spend some time on the strap and accessories section of Panerisiti, and you will be much happier.

Yes, that's the real thing.

I grabbed this strap from a canadian guy on *bay, and after some weeks of wearing I ordered the black and the tan cordovan from Elliot (of course with a discount form another boards coupon :thumbsupsmileyanim: ). I am absolutely addicted to these straps.

They are not so soft as others and give you the right touch and feel with a heavy watch.

Ooh, question:

Are PAMs better with a stiffer strap or a softer strap, in your guys' opinion?

When I ordered the Cordovan, I thought I was getting a buttery soft one (Eliott has since told me "cordovan" is made literally from the horse's rump), but was very pleasantly surprised when it was slightly stiff, yet not heavy at all. Also, I know the discount you mention, but since this is a GeF not a Mario Paci, I wonder if there's a discount I wasn't aware of? Lemme know, please. ;)

Enjoy wearing, Ole

Thanks, Ole! You too!

Considering that the cost of this strap is the same price for most of the Pam reps., I too think that the price is absurd.

I have found that over the years, a little time spent on paneristi.com, one can find these straps, and ones like it for 1/2 the cost.

I couldn't agree more, but equally, I think when one is starting out you need to treat yourself, and your PAM, to something special. THEN you can start trolling for discounts.

I have a number of MP staps, brand new for the neighborhood price of 100.00. Still expensive, but realistic. Spend some time on the strap and accessories section of Panerisiti, and you will be much happier.

I think I posted this elsewhere, but lookie!! I just got this for the PAM 199, whose prominent bezel I think will look smashing contrasted to this colour:

http://mariopaci.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv...Product_Count=3

I got it on sale though. $119. That's also what I paid for the rep. :)

I couldn't agree more, but equally, I think when one is starting out you need to treat yourself, and your PAM, to something special. THEN you can start trolling for discounts.

I think I posted this elsewhere, but lookie!! I just got this for the PAM 199, whose prominent bezel I think will look smashing contrasted to this colour:

http://mariopaci.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv...Product_Count=3

I got it on sale though. $119. That's also what I paid for the rep. :)

Ms. Barret ... the pic on that on the Medici "mocha" is way off..... you will be happy with the article though .... dark browns go well witht the PAM's... i am the last person to know about fashion... just what my eye's tell me .... that moch is a good looking strap ... actually there aren't many OFMP's that I don't like

CHECK OUT ... Elliot's specials today .. he has the GeF in the PAV hide ... same one on the OFMP 91 for `129usd .. it's a 125/80 though a bit long for you

Ms. Barret ... the pic on that on the Medici "mocha" is way off.....

Oh no, I was afraid of that. It looks smokey grey, but it said "Noce" which is nut in Italian, if memory serves. Still, I love browns, but that's disappointing.

you will be happy with the article though .... dark browns go well witht the PAM's... i am the last person to know about fashion... just what my eye's tell me .... that moch is a good looking strap ... actually there aren't many OFMP's that I don't like

CHECK OUT ... Elliot's specials today .. he has the GeF in the PAV hide ... same one on the OFMP 91 for `129usd .. it's a 125/80 though a bit long for you

I saw that! :)

I told Elliot the 115/75 GeF strap fit me perfectly, as I wear it on the second strap hole from the dial. He said that the 125/80 would be too big for me, so though I'd love that one you mentioned, lanikai, it's just not for me. Now I'm addicted to his site. First thing I check every morning!

And that's bad, because I'd love to buy some stuff from V, and others too.

Oh no, I was afraid of that. It looks smokey grey, but it said "Noce" which is nut in Italian, if memory serves. Still, I love browns, but that's disappointing.

I told Elliot the 115/75 GeF strap fit me perfectly, as I wear it on the second strap hole from the dial. He said that the 125/80 would be too big for me, so though I'd love that one you mentioned, lanikai, it's just not for me. Now I'm addicted to his site. First thing I check every morning!

Yes .. i check it out on a daily basis myself ... the colour that comes really close to that is the peli del sole ... but it is a waterproof strap a little stiffer than the others ...

there is a mix up on the pics from elliot .... i have the noce ... and when i ordered i,t it said noce but mara almost shipped the mocha ... noce is the brownish red marrone tones ... same one if you remember the crayola crayons "noce" ... if it is noce you will be very happy with it, those marrones and reddish browns look good on the PAM'S check with Elliot ... you will be really happy with noce, if i can sense your colour taste...both OFMP and GeF have NOCE

Yes .. i check it out on a daily basis myself ... the colour that comes really close to that is the peli del sole ... but it is a waterproof strap a little stiffer than the others ...

there is a mix up on the pics from elliot .... i have the noce ... and when i ordered i,t it said noce but mara almost shipped the mocha ... noce is the brownish red marrone tones ... same one if you remember the crayola crayons "noce" ... if it is noce you will be very happy with it, those marrones and reddish browns look good on the PAM'S check with Elliot ... you will be really happy with noce, if i can sense your colour taste...both OFMP and GeF have NOCE

Wait, the one I bought is waterproof, or the pelli del sole? I don't like the texture of the waterproof ones, preferrably a natural hide, but then, I'm flexible if the colour is killer.

I remember the crayon colour! I still have a box of Crayolas with "indian red", which I hope my future kid will use someday. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You have a good eye for what I like. Deep burnished reds, chocolate browns, darker greys, blacks with black stitches. Nothing too flashy, or yellowish, as I am light, but sometimes yellows make me look sallow.

Anyway, lanikai, thanks for the heads up here (and you know where), about this. I am skint at the moment, but I always say that and end up buying stuff anyway. ;)

Wait, the one I bought is waterproof, or the pelli del sole? I don't like the texture of the waterproof ones, preferrably a natural hide, but then, I'm flexible if the colour is killer.

I remember the crayon colour! I still have a box of Crayolas with "indian red", which I hope my future kid will use someday. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You have a good eye for what I like. Deep burnished reds, chocolate browns, darker greys, blacks with black stitches. Nothing too flashy, or yellowish, as I am light, but sometimes yellows make me look sallow.

Anyway, lanikai, thanks for the heads up here (and you know where), about this. I am skint at the moment, but I always say that and end up buying stuff anyway. ;)

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ooh, question:

Are PAMs better with a stiffer strap or a softer strap, in your guys' opinion?

When I ordered the Cordovan, I thought I was getting a buttery soft one (Eliott has since told me "cordovan" is made literally from the horse's rump), but was very pleasantly surprised when it was slightly stiff, yet not heavy at all. Also, I know the discount you mention, but since this is a GeF not a Mario Paci, I wonder if there's a discount I wasn't aware of? Lemme know, please. ;)

Thanks, Ole! You too!

I actually own about 20 straps, and had some more passing by. In my opinion the stiffer straps are more comfortable. Because I wear the straps a little loose it is better when it is stiff - just a little like a bracelett. The cordovans become the shape of you wrist after wearing a little time.

The coupon is valid for GeF and all others from Elliots TC store too. There are three methods to get these pricy straps: E's store with 33%discount, E's store daily specials, or paneristi and viapaneristi sales corner. The GeF cordovans are for 77,77 or 88,88 on the daily specials.

Regards, Ole

I actually own about 20 straps, and had some more passing by. In my opinion the stiffer straps are more comfortable. Because I wear the straps a little loose it is better when it is stiff - just a little like a bracelett. The cordovans become the shape of you wrist after wearing a little time.

Ahh, interesting. Let me just say that if any newbie is reading this, when you buy a PAM from even the elite dealers, you're almost certain to need a new strap. The ones I've gotten have been substandard, down to the buckle.

Well, I don't blame them. As you can see, the straps are as dear as the watch themselves! But there is no way you can buy a rep Panerai, and expect to walk out with your new PAM on your wrist, if you don't want to look a fool.

The coupon is valid for GeF and all others from Elliots TC store too. There are three methods to get these pricy straps: E's store with 33%discount, E's store daily specials, or paneristi and viapaneristi sales corner. The GeF cordovans are for 77,77 or 88,88 on the daily specials.

Regards, Ole

Cool. Thanks! Didn't know about the GeF ones too.

By the way. $55.55? $77.77. $88.88? Is Elliot a numerologist or what? ;)

Ahh, interesting. Let me just say that if any newbie is reading this, when you buy a PAM from even the elite dealers, you're almost certain to need a new strap. The ones I've gotten have been substandard, down to the buckle.

Well, I don't blame them. As you can see, the straps are as dear as the watch themselves! But there is no way you can buy a rep Panerai, and expect to walk out with your new PAM on your wrist, if you don't want to look a fool.

Cool. Thanks! Didn't know about the GeF ones too.

By the way. $55.55? $77.77. $88.88? Is Elliot a numerologist or what? ;)

All rep straps I've got have been immediately been sold on *bay. You can get some bucks to compensate shipping costs for your rep :D

And a huge and heavy watch like a Pam has to be worn on a heavy and thick strap! IMHO the thickness of the lugs has to proceed in the strap.

So enjoy wearing (and changing), Ole

Contact savage_here (on RWG) and talk to him about your needs. He's a fine leathersmith with a craftmanly, authentic/one-off edge. Custom work and great service for a moderate price. You don't want a professional touch, you want the craftmanship of an enthusiast with a big heart and a love for quality work and good hide. PS I think he's also got some great GPF sew-in buckles!

Edited by mastergod

Contact savage_here (on RWG) and talk to him about your needs. He's a fine leathersmith with a craftmanly, authentic/one-off edge. Custom work and great service for a moderate price. You don't want a professional touch, you want the craftmanship of an enthusiast with a big heart and a love for quality work and good hide. PS I think he's also got some great GPF sew-in buckles!

What a great tip, Mastergod. I might just do that.

I don't want to link to it, as it may contravene some forum rule, but I actually "hooked up" with Elliot on *bay and got his Toscana distressed brown strap (however, it's not the original as sold on his site). Dead cheap it was too. Anyone else here bought this one?

I just can't get into the whole distressed look of straps, as they look hobo-chic to me. But we'll see when I get this one.

P.S.: You too Ole!

Well.. is it worth so much money for a high end strap?

NO and YES...

YES if you are willing to go to Florence find the hide, find someone to make the strap for you in high standards and bring it to your door.

NO if all the above does not seem like a possibility to you.

I personally have a Metta strap that costed me around 60-70$ because I found the hide, I found the leathersmith, I found a nice buckle etc etc. Does the Metta worths it for 250$ that it sells? Not for me.. But for the 99% of the people if they don't pay they won't get.

Same thing is with the watches.. Does a genuine Panerai base worths 4000$ ? HELL NO.. If someone manages to find me a nice genuine dial, a SWISS reliable and accurately looking movement, give me 2 years guarantee and resale value plus kiss my ass in the AD for 30min to 1 hour and all this for 1.000$ I will sell my 112 tomorrow ;)

At the end every item worths what people are willing to pay.

and NO you don't see DOUBLE MP PAV91 and it is not a photoshop trick (although I may sell one in the future to get more straps in) !!!!! :black_eye:

280399-725.jpg

V!!! you are crazy :crazy: not one but TWO mp pav 91's??!?

i have to confess though -- i broke down and bought an mp pav 91 at a nice discount...hopefully some pictures to follow this weekend...

deltatahoe

See? I guess my photos show the strap more tempting than the mediocre ones on TC site. ;)

Anyways.. I bought both straps (and all my other Gef and MP straps) ALWAYS second hand in brand new or like new condition so I definately have not paid myself EVER more than 180$ for a strap ;)

V!!! you are crazy :crazy: not one but TWO mp pav 91's??!?

i have to confess though -- i broke down and bought an mp pav 91 at a nice discount...hopefully some pictures to follow this weekend...

deltatahoe

Thanks to a head's up from another wonderful member (you know who you are, mwah!), plus having seen V's gorgeous two-fer photos, AND then saw that you broke down and bought the famed PAV 91, deltatahoe...well:

I BOUGHT THE PAV 91!! The Holy Grail of Panerai straps, woo!! :)

Sorry, but you're just not cool if you don't have this strap. :thumbdown:

Kidding! But it's really really nice, and if you check around, you'll find that there is a nice discount going on. My newbie Inbox is at 80%, but if it's not full, PM me and I'll tells ya.

WOO, I got a strap now that costs more than any either of my PAMs. That's just wrong somehow.