When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has anyone heard from Joe

Guest jdmdohcpower

Guest jdmdohcpower

I sent Joe my gmt for bezel insert change and he recieved it on tue 3/27. He was alwasy prompt on his responces. Since he has recieved my watch he has not responded to my pm's, emails or phone calls. Whats the deal? I know his rep, but this is starting to worrie me becuase he said it would only take 1 day to do.

I sent Joe my gmt for bezel insert change and he recieved it on tue 3/27. He was alwasy prompt on his responces. Since he has recieved my watch he has not responded to my pm's, emails or phone calls. Whats the deal? I know his rep, but this is starting to worrie me becuase he said it would only take 1 day to do.

READ. READ. READ.

He did say he may be offline for a few.

All comments made about his work are all positive.

All that you would ask would vouch for him. I would.

In case you haven't read his posts - he has been under the weather (allergies) and will not be doing any watch mods until he recovers. Additionally, he wrote that he hasn't had time to check e-mails and/or pms due to his health and that his ISP has been down as well.

Please remain patient. There are many of us who sent watches to Joe for mods and, no matter how big or small the project, we realize that Joe's health takes priority over the mods. Therefore, we can wait until Joe lets us know that he's good to go. Believe me - Joe is the man when it comes to mods. If he says he'll do it, then he'll do it. :)

Joe has not been feeling well, suffering from a serious asthma condition. Read HERE. I just received a PM from him last night that he is slowly getting through his backlog of work. I told him to take care of himself before worrying about my watch. After all, it's just a watch. The watch is replaceable. Joe is not.

Be patient.

Guest jdmdohcpower

Thankyou, thats all I wanted to know. I know of his rep and didnt see his post and was unsure why he was not responding.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jdmdohcpower

Now it has been almost 3 weeks, I understand he has been sick but the job was supposed to have a 1 day turn around. I have no problem waiting but I have called him between 1-4 and emailed him many times with no response. I just wish he would contact me somehow so I dont feel taken, has anyone heard back from him?

Yep, I'm tired of communicating and waiting for that ETA LV. I gave up. If I get it back great,, if not, charge it to experience.

I'm not sure if you guys are joking or not. I've had my wife's Yachtmaster with Joe for about a month now. He has not responded to my E-mails. If he is not well it's certainly understandable that he is behind with his work. The problem is that he seems to communicate with some people and not with others. :unsure:

I'm not sure if you guys are joking or not. I've had my wife's Yachtmaster with Joe for about a month now. He has not responded to my E-mails. If he is not well it's certainly understandable that he is behind with his work. The problem is that he seems to communicate with some people and not with others. :unsure:

Nope I am not joking here. I do not know with the other guys. The way I look at it, the guy has way, way too much in his plate and does not have a system. I still feel that I will get my watch eventually (though I am not crossing my fingers anymore). I am not waiting for my watch from Joe anymore, like I said, if Iget it back great, if not, I am still having fun with my hobby with you guys.

Guest jdmdohcpower

Yea, this really sucks, I loved that watch and it had an oem bracelet and I hope to get it back, soon

If anyone has spoke with him, please say so.

thanks

Edited by jdmdohcpower

Yea, this really sucks, I loved that watch and it had an oem bracelet and I hope to get it back, soon

Don't worry about It JD. You will get your watch back. It will take longer than you might have expected because Joe does not have a working system. In my case it is just me that I gave up on this watch. The frustration on waiting has already sucked all the fun on the wating for this watch.

Everybody please listen up!!!! My remarks here about Joe is not by no means I am insinuating that Joe is a scammer. My remarks is sayng and I am standing by it that Joe does not have a work system.

Unfortunatly, I have been keeping my mouth shut about what I hear from members for a long time now...

Me not saying anything goes back a long ways, and simply comes down to joe and I not seeing eye to eye, and he taking offence to anything and everthing I say in certain situations.

I have been hearing the same issues from many members for a couple of months now, that is "My watch has been with Joe for XX Months...and no resonse..."

This concerns me as a board member, and the fact that the ones I hear from say exactly what I see posted here - "Joe has time to answer some people, but my repeated requests go unanswered - and he is soliciting new business..."

Not sure where it will all end, I just hope it all gets sorted out - soon.....

I have been encouraging those that are voicing their concerns to post about it on the forum, but until this post, it seems as if everyone is thinking the same thing, too scared to speak up for fear of reprisal...well I think people need to simply state their experiences, so that everyone can be informed, that is after all the reason for the board.

Based on past experiences, this will probably solicit some flaming simply due to the fact of who I am - so be it - people must be free to state what is happening to them for everyone sake.

RG

I've been having fluent contact with Joe up to april 24th. Since then, no answers to my mails. I'm worried he's really sic, or.... ??? I know that is difficult to complain about so trusty and old boards member. I suspect he's having some more troubles then some health issues only. But we have to give him some credit guys! As said before, probably just a matter of lack of organization and method. I'm also waiting for a watch from him (in his hands since near 6 months a go) and still faith about receiving it soon (he promised me to send it to me one moth a go). Let's see.

Edited by vmena

The point I am getting impressed upon me from those waiting is simply this:

"All I want is to get my watch back, I am tired of waiting, I dont' care if the mods are done or not, I just want my watch back..."

His latest illness started 3 weeks ago, not sure how this fits into months and months of waiting, and people not being able to get their watches returned prior to this - due to a problem less than a month ago... Or the fact that up until a few weeks ago, people were still sending in watches for mods. It only takes a minute to post "Don't send me any more watches...I am swamped..."

If someone wants their watch returned to them, then by all means send it back, it's their watch after all...

I am simply re-stating what is being pointed out here and via pm's and emails.

Whatever the whole story is - it doesn't change the experience of those who are brave enough to stand up and state their concerns here. What is unfortunate is that people are scared to step up and ask questions, without the fear of being flamed from here to kingdome come...

I have never understood this mentality, if we cant' ask questions and get answers, then what's the point. No one is above common courtesy and openess...yet some get jumped on if they dare ask a question about certain members....strange...

Trust is earned based on performance and ability to stand by your word, not by how many posts you have, or how long you have been on the forum...

RG

I entered into correspondance with Joe about something about 2 months ago and we agreed that I'd pay him in installments. I've been doing this but since he became ill I've made no more payments. He's already had a fair bit of cash off me so I'm hoping all will end up OK. I can do no more than that.

K.