When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watch recommendation needed

Guest jd6753

Guest jd6753

Okay so everyone knows big and chunky is in, but I'm not a big guy and I'm tired of lugging around a large piece of metal on my wrist.

So what I'm looking for is a watch that is 36mm-40mm(max) and on a strap or rubber.

If I can find the above watch, I think I'm going to trade my 3717 on the bracelet as I can't handle the monster any longer.

Thanks in advance

There are quite a few watches to choose from. If yu like chronos, a Speedmaster with a Venus/Lemania movement can be quite reliable as well as good looking. A Speedmaster was my first rep purchase. On the downside, I think perhaps the smoothness of the Venus movement spoiled my expectations for rep movements.

Although it comes on a bracelet, it is easy to swap in attractive bands. There are lots of choices at that size.

There are quite a few watches to choose from. If yu like chronos, a Speedmaster with a Venus/Lemania movement can be quite reliable as well as good looking. A Speedmaster was my first rep purchase. On the downside, I think perhaps the smoothness of the Venus movement spoiled my expectations for rep movements.

Although it comes on a bracelet, it is easy to swap in attractive bands. There are lots of choices at that size.

That movement is a asian copy of the venus 175

thanks for the suggestions, but these watches are still way too large for my needs

I'll be putting my 3706 up for trade soon. It's 39-40mm and a similar style to the 3717. Is this the sort of thing you're looking for?

277594-2085.jpg

277594-2086.jpg

How about an Omega SMP 2254.50 on the double-ridged rubber strap like Flav has in his signature bar? Not as big as a Planet Ocean 42mm, but you'll still get nice large indices and hands for easy visibility, and it'd fit your criteria of being on rubber :)

Okay so everyone knows big and chunky is in, but I'm not a big guy and I'm tired of lugging around a large piece of metal on my wrist.

So what I'm looking for is a watch that is 36mm-40mm(max) and on a strap or rubber.

If I can find the above watch, I think I'm going to trade my 3717 on the bracelet as I can't handle the monster any longer.

Thanks in advance

PP0010A - Patek Calatrava 5053 WG White - Swiss ETA 2824 (37mm)

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...products_id=695

Glashutte Classique White - Manual Wind (38mm)

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...products_id=128

VC0009 - Vintage Working Chronograph SS White - Lemania (40mm)

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...products_id=842

Try a railmaster.. have a look here for the gen and here for a rep I have one and i love it, if i had to lose all the reps bar one i would keep this!

Now dont any body tell him but apart from the visible movement, what are the faults?????????????????????????????????????????

I don't have that particular model.

AFAIK the gen has relief markers on the dial.

Is it the same with the rep? :p

Guest jd6753

I guess I'm looking for something that's more simple of a watch, you know, without all the bezels and complications

to make things thicker etc.

At any rate, thanks for all the suggestions. I do wish the blackseal came in 40mm.