When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

19"fiddy" Vs PVD Big Pilot

tonton2000

where did you get that pvd russian watch?

From some guy on eBay.

Then i got the PVD buckle seperately from someone else on eBay, and got HKTan to make me a tan calf strap with black stitching like the one that comes with the IWC BP.

Et Voila!

I'll find the contact info for the watch guy if you want.

That is the same watch I had used to make my IWC Big Pilot (except in the non-PVD version):

36984-39100.jpg

With an OEM dial, HKTan strap, and special hands, I turned it in to this:

36984-39101.jpg

If I recall, I think I paid around $200 for the russian watch. It has a Poljot manual wind movement in it.

I really really like the airplane logo the russian letters and the dial doesn't look totaly ripp off from IWC (to tell ou the truth I prefer it from the IWC)

Can you post a link to the ebay member?

what do you think of my combo???

37205-39061.jpg

the guy who sell this pieces is Tony ...his page

Faber,

Did you change the hands on that watch? They hour and minute hands look similar in length. Also, they look much larger than the one I purchased which is one thing I really didn't like about the watch. The hands were too small for the watch, especially with the black outlined hands on a black face. It was hard to read.

no i didnt change the hands...the only problem of it is the low lume...doesnt glow so much...it glows like a rep...\LOL

After buy this watch and look for the other russian watches it seens to be a good source for tottaly different watches..like the spetnaz diving watch...and soon there will be a aviator watch in 55mm...as a guy on poljot site told me when i was looking for thi watch...

btw- why i cant see your pics???

I decided to order that Russian watch. In another post I specifically asked for a 47 mm mechanical pilot watch under 500 and this does the job. I requested if I can get it with a clear caseback. I'm just not sure about the PVD or SS both look pretty good. My only worry is that I've had 3 or 4 Russian watches and lots of reps. In general, for the same price the reps have always been superior in quality. To take the initial question up a level, any overall differences between reps and Russians?

I decided to order that Russian watch. In another post I specifically asked for a 47 mm mechanical pilot watch under 500 and this does the job. I requested if I can get it with a clear caseback. I'm just not sure about the PVD or SS both look pretty good. My only worry is that I've had 3 or 4 Russian watches and lots of reps. In general, for the same price the reps have always been superior in quality. To take the initial question up a level, any overall differences between reps and Russians?

It depends what rep you compare it to.

The IWC Big Pilot reps at the moment leave a bit to be desired. That's one of the reasons i decided to go with the russian PVD watch.

The movt winds nicely and the PVD finish is really nicely done. The whole watch feels well made, especially for the money.

The only IWC Big Pilot rep i've seen that's been any good is the one that Tom made with an original dial (and alot of hard work!) but even then there were a few niggly flaws.

I totally agree with you on the IWC BP reps. I got one and the only reason I wear it is because I like the overall look so much. I guess I'll go with the PVD. I found it for 180 USD. Someone needs to make a generic big pilot with a decent movement. If it was even 500 US, it would be worth it. Looking back, I wish I would have bought Tom's watch.