When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW 1665

ubiquitous

A small synopsis of the modifications performed to date:

Genuine spring bars and Tropic 39:

2144-7669.jpg

Genuine crown and tube:

2144-7670.jpg

Genuine insert:

2144-7671.jpg

Caseback has been stripped of paint; genuine 580 end links added:

2144-7672.jpg

Hollow aftermarket Oyster bracelet:

2144-7673.jpg

Ungrooved fliplock added to the MBW clasp:

2144-7674.jpg

2144-7675.jpg

New dial:

2144-7676.jpg

2144-7677.jpg

2144-7678.jpg

2144-7679.jpg

Singer base:

2144-7680.jpg

2144-7681.jpg

2144-7682.jpg

2144-7683.jpg

Installed:

2144-7684.jpg

2144-7685.jpg

Old vs. New:

2144-7686.jpg

And, finally... A slow beat ETA installed to better emulate the 19800bph 1570/5:

Slow Beat (link)

More modifications to follow. Stay tuned :lol:

Cheers,

Randy

wow that is cool but u know im boggled , how did u install a genuine dial in that case without trimming it to fit, i have done several now and none of them go right in they r a tad too big to fit? that really has me boggled , even michael youngs had to be trimmed to fit and that one went right on , nice swap though but i have never and believe me i have done many and not one would go in without trimming , lol\

even mbw trims his to fit his case if u look carefully

Thanks, Joe! No trimming of the dial needed! Only thing I had to do was cut the dial feet off. Other than that, I simply fixed the dial to the spacer ring and then fit to the movement. It was a drop-in ordeal.

Which watches are you having to trim the dials for? MBW or WM? And, if they're MBW, are they brand new, or old versions? I can confirm that both of my MBW's are older versions. Maybe something has changed in production?

new versions , both people, i just did that one over on trc , the red sub and we put a genuine white sub dial in them , but even the older version mbw were trimmed ever so slightly ,actually, they may trim some and dont trim some (i never really observed that or questioned it till i saw this thread)lol, u know there is little room for error of the fit, and when i say trim it is very minimum u cant notice it put together , but i can confirm the old style soon i have one that came from mbw about a year and 2 months ago , when i open her up i will see if that one was trimmed, i have always told people u can just put it in without trimming it but yours clearly does, what watch was that originally, a drsd?

new versions , both people, i just did that one over on trc , the red sub and we put a genuine white sub dial in them , but even the older version mbw were trimmed ever so slightly ,actually, they may trim some and dont trim some (i never really observed that or questioned it till i saw this thread)lol, u know there is little room for error of the fit, and when i say trim it is very minimum u cant notice it put together , but i can confirm the old style soon i have one that came from mbw about a year and 2 months ago , when i open her up i will see if that one was trimmed, i have always told people u can just put it in without trimming it but yours clearly does, what watch was that originally, a drsd?

Joe,

Mine was originally an all white SD. It is an older one, and comparing the original MBW dial that came in the watch with my new dial, they are exactly the same size. Hmmmmm... This definitely has me interested!!

Nice to see you back ubi.

Thanks, CJ! It's good to be back amongst friends!

That new dial is something to behold. :victory:

Thanks for the kind words! I know it seems a little strange to replace the old MBW dial with a new one, especially when there was nothing wrong with the original, but I must say- In person, the new dial is exquisite. The printing of the font and coronet are exceptionally sharp, and the domed/raised luminous markers really add to the look.

:wub:

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I don't know what you think, but right now I'm a little fed up with all these negative threads :(

I have been sharing these feelings with a serious number of members of RWG and I decided to post something.

It has been months now that we see super long threads about fights between members and so few interesting and positive threads.

Everyone post his honest opinion about all and everything... :o we see experts of about everything: watches, medicine, travel, jobs, s*x, business...

Well, this place should be very different from what it is currently :p

If I have to give some cash to invest I would give it to my local "trader", my health would be taken care of by my local doctor, my travel by my local agency, my s*x by my local GF, and so on.

I guess it sounds weird to bring back old posts to live but well I felt like doing it.

:Jumpy:

The reasons are multiple:

- I have that impression that in the early days of our beloved forum the atmosphere was "less aggressive".

- I still learn a lot from these "2 years old" threads and I guess some of the fresh members like me can learn a lot too. :good:

- I choose Ubi because he is known as a great and generous person.

We should all learn to become such a person. :whistling:

I choose a Ubi thread because he was very friendly with me when I first came here and that some others flamed me as a newbie.

Helping other humans is not only a statement in a signature or avatar...it must be concrete, positive and with a happy end for the newer party, isn't it?

- I also picked this thread because of THE WATCH of course.

I also bumped this thread to make us all remember that we're here to talk & share about a common passion.

In my honest opinion, it should bring us closer instead of make us fight.

If we do fight and argue, then we're missing the main point: pleasure.

If this hobby isn't about pleasure anymore, then I predict that all seniors will leave and so will a lot of "new" seniors. :yawn:

Cheers

Stephane

great idea stephane -- it's fun to revisit some of these old threads, and as you've said ubi is a perfect member to use as an example of what is great about RWG.

let's all strive to make some positive contributions to the board in the next days :victory:

deltatahoe

ps, man ubi's 1665 is a beauty :wub:

Hi all,

I don't know what you think, but right now I'm a little fed up with all these negative threads :(

I have been sharing these feelings with a serious number of members of RWG and I decided to post something.

It has been months now that we see super long threads about fights between members and so few interesting and positive threads.

Everyone post his honest opinion about all and everything... :o we see experts of about everything: watches, medicine, travel, jobs, s*x, business...

Well, this place should be very different from what it is currently :p

If I have to give some cash to invest I would give it to my local "trader", my health would be taken care of by my local doctor, my travel by my local agency, my s*x by my local GF, and so on.

I guess it sounds weird to bring back old posts to live but well I felt like doing it.

:Jumpy:

The reasons are multiple:

- I have that impression that in the early days of our beloved forum the atmosphere was "less aggressive".

- I still learn a lot from these "2 years old" threads and I guess some of the fresh members like me can learn a lot too. :good:

- I choose Ubi because he is known as a great and generous person.

We should all learn to become such a person. :whistling:

I choose a Ubi thread because he was very friendly with me when I first came here and that some others flamed me as a newbie.

Helping other humans is not only a statement in a signature or avatar...it must be concrete, positive and with a happy end for the newer party, isn't it?

- I also picked this thread because of THE WATCH of course.

I also bumped this thread to make us all remember that we're here to talk & share about a common passion.

In my honest opinion, it should bring us closer instead of make us fight.

If we do fight and argue, then we're missing the main point: pleasure.

If this hobby isn't about pleasure anymore, then I predict that all seniors will leave and so will a lot of "new" seniors. :yawn:

Cheers

Stephane

What a great and honest bump. I fully agree.

I'm still a newbie but online on this forum a lot last months.

The last weeks i had the strange feeling which i couldn't lay my fingers on.

Something is changing but i don't know what.

Stephane i believe your observation hits the nail on the head.

How some react on trades or personal circumstances is rediculous.

I agree for 100% and hope the "old" feeling and spirit will return.

Carpe Diem,

Cats

Hi Randy,

great you are back :)

And also a nice 1665 do you have done.........

Hope to see more in the future

Best wishes

:lol:

am i missing something ?

is the forum really drifting away ???

was more off-topic lately :)

cheers,

Frank