When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You got a good System?

Guest overboosted

http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box-ultra2.cfm

My sub. Holy Fuk it shakes the concrete foundation. Until you experience a sub of this caliber you have NO idea. Movies like Finding Nemo take on a whole new realm.

This is my other love, other than watches, my home theater. Kinda outgrew rap 10 years ago, but I will check this one out. I am sure it holds nothing to 15Hz holosonic sonic booms on most action DVDs these days though.

Those are some damn nice subs. I mean real nice. I got subs in my car

Kicker Solo-Baric S12L74 12 in Subwoofer

Dual Voice Coil - 4 Ohms - Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Cone - Peak Power: 1500 Watts

I got 2 sony mono amps and i have a headace lol and i got done drive 30 mins ago

Good way to check out your base, try listenin to Eminem - 'Till I collapse feat. Nate Dogg

Well, I'm kinda old school here.

I use " Rob Base (with DJ E-Z Rock) It takes Two" for testing the base on my Bose system at the house :yu:

Well, I'm kinda old school here.

I use " Rob Base (with DJ E-Z Rock) It takes Two" for testing the base on my Bose system at the house :yu:

Nice lol

I have a bose being installe in my new car, can't wait.

Also have a bose hybrid custom job going in my house. I love music and movies, so it's well worth it.

Chris

I've got a 12" downfiring JBL at home that thumps. It makes my kitchen cupboards upstairs rattle!

In my truck, 2006 Chevy 1/2 t (company truck :) ), I have the Bose system. It pounds as well! I love bass!

There is only 3 things i need

1. Pussy

2. Base

3. Money

well lets make it 4 i need this forums lol

4. RWG

Hyped up bass and good sound systems -- at least for great music -- are contradictions. They do not coexist.

Great sound systems reproduce the nuances of a violin string's vibration, the texture of an oboe reed, or a crisp voice.

Hyped up bass might be OK for a shoot-em-up movie. But for music, you've got to be kidding.

Too much base just makes me want to take a shotgun to the loudspeaker -- so beware if you drive by my house in a ride that has been turned into a boombox on steroids.

Guest overboosted

A great system will be able to produce 15Hz-20000Hz on a realitve equal level. No the bass should not be jacked up, but to get 15Hz level with the rest of your system, you need some serious hardware. Find one of these systems and listen to quality recordings of pipe organs, and you will be blown away. Those thing reach down to 12Hz, thats bass you FEEL not hear.

Hyped up bass and good sound systems -- at least for great music -- are contradictions. They do not coexist.

Great sound systems reproduce the nuances of a violin string's vibration, the texture of an oboe reed, or a crisp voice.

Hyped up bass might be OK for a shoot-em-up movie. But for music, you've got to be kidding.

Too much base just makes me want to take a shotgun to the loudspeaker -- so beware if you drive by my house in a ride that has been turned into a boombox on steroids.

A great system will be able to produce 15Hz-20000Hz on a realitve equal level. No the bass should not be jacked up, but to get 15Hz level with the rest of your system, you need some serious hardware. Find one of these systems and listen to quality recordings of pipe organs, and you will be blown away. Those thing reach down to 12Hz, thats bass you FEEL not hear.

I understand what you are saying about the quality of good organ recordings, and sound reproduction. But great organ recordings have a lot of texture, as well as depth. And my point was just that all too often today that texture is sacrificed for the sake of deep, earth-shaking thumping bass.

Good bass is nice, but good overall sound is a must. I've got tons of money dumped into my auto sound system. :Jumpy: Can't dump so much into my home theater system just yet, at least until I buy a house :p F**kin neighbors :angry:

As for the car though, I might ride by your house late at night and [censored] you off, but thats only if you live out in the sticks or right off the main highways and biways in town. :whistling: At night, or just in neighborhoods I'm usually good about turning the system down, or at least the subs.

For me, never owned any Stillwater Products (Kicker), I've had Alpine, MTX, Sony, Infinity, amongst others. I currently have two Rockford P3 12's. And though the subs themselves are important, the enclosure is also probably more important. I currently have a custom built (to spec) ported enclosure. If you buy great subs, a great amp(s), and have a crap box, the end result will also be crap.

Just my rambling thoughts, I'm actually an installer by trade so I tend to elaborate a little much. :yawn:

Jon

. . . Can't dump so much into my home theater system just yet, at least until I buy a house :p F**kin neighbors :angry: . . .

I know exactly what you're talking about. I've been living at my new townhome for only a couple months and have already had a sound complaint from neighbors. There are these told old ladies that live next to us that claim their pictures fall off their walls when I'm watching movies. :rolleyes:

Oh well, once our lease is up and we get a house out here I can really start working on a dedicated theater!

Yeah I am at AVS. Was my second home when I was building my theater.

Cool whats your username over there? Any links to your theater? Yea I spend quite a bit of time over there. And I thought replica collecting was an expensive hobby! :lol: