When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hey guys a need some advice on how to haggle .

2005SUBMARINER

hellow my fellow RWG members ..

i have a nissan xterra & its just a lil to cramp for my wife , me & my little 2y/o .

im going to updrade to a nissan 07 quest mini van .

the price is $25k at 1.9% finance .

now i totally suck at haggleing :rolleyes: .. would like to know if any one here has any good tips on haggling on a new auto & how much do you think the dealer will go down ? :rolleyes:

thanx in advance ed ..

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

hellow my fellow RWG members ..

i have a nissan xterra & its just a lil to cramp for my wife , me & my little 2y/o .

im going to updrade to a nissan 07 quest mini van .

the price is $25k at 1.9% finance .

now i totally suck at haggleing :rolleyes: .. would like to know if any one here has any good tips on haggling on a new auto & how much do you think the dealer will go down ? :rolleyes:

Depending on your credit history, $2,000 less than list price for the Quest, if you are FIRM. Remind them that the new '08s are arouned the corner. If you suck at bargaining for yourself, you'll probably won't even get free mats...obviously, you know this, but if you have a trade-in, NEVER say that you do until after you sign the papers for the first deal.

We always let my mother buy the family cars, because she makes those slimey car salesman sweat bullets. She doesn't smile at them; places a firm offer on the table; and walks out if her offer isn't met. Invariably they come rushing after her with some BS about their managers caving in.

Some people have a gift at haggling face-to-face. Some just don't. I inherited my mother's gift. You should see me at a souk. :)

Good luck!

Depending on your credit history, $2,000 less than list price for the Quest, if you are FIRM. Remind them that the new '08s are arouned the corner. If you suck at bargaining for yourself, you'll probably won't even get free mats...obviously, you know this, but if you have a trade-in, NEVER say that you do until after you sign the papers for the first deal.

We always let my mother buy the family cars, because she makes those slimey car salesman sweat bullets. She doesn't smile at them; places a firm offer on the table; and walks out if her offer isn't met. Invariably they come rushing after her with some BS about their managers caving in.

Some people have a gift at haggling face-to-face. Some just don't. I inherited my mother's gift. You should see me at a souk. :)

Good luck!

Call every Nissan Internet sales Manager in a 50 mile radius and make sure they are a manger...get them to quote money off MSRP tell them your credit score etc and work with them over the phone...write it all down and have them beat each others price.

Low ball them, offer them $20,000 and walk out when they say no, if they want the sale they will chase you down, you probably wont get it for 20 but you are well on the way to getting a few thou off at least.

Ken

I have found that the best results occur when you walk into the dealer with a sturdy wooden baseball bat resting on your shoulder. As the negotiations get down to the nitty gritty, begin gently smacking the end of the bat into the palm of your hand, smile, and say that you think they can do a little better.

Actually, never let them know that you want the car that much, that it is insignificant and that you are going elsewhere to see what kind of a deal you can get. Very important, the last thing they want is for you to walk and if you play that game well, you come out ahead.

It is really to bad that buying a car is such a monumental pain in the ass.

internet sales is the real deal here in fl. try it. the prices are rock bottem no haggle over the same car thats you would try to get if you walk in.

research the web. find out invoice generally 2k lower like said above.

be ready to walk. thats key

always demand more than whjats fair let them say no.

remember all car salspeople are lying scum. all of them no exceptions. (i used to represent them) they jack up prices on thier own mothers

go tword the end of a month they have quotas. aug - nov is a good time to get 07 pricing dpecials if inventory is stull around

check ebay. dont be afraid to checl internet pricing for delers in other cities.

internet sales is the real deal here in fl. try it. the prices are rock bottem no haggle over the same car thats you would try to get if you walk in.

research the web. find out invoice generally 2k lower like said above.

be ready to walk. thats key

always demand more than whjats fair let them say no.

remember all car salspeople are lying scum. all of them no exceptions. (i used to represent them) they jack up prices on thier own mothers

go tword the end of a month they have quotas. aug - nov is a good time to get 07 pricing dpecials if inventory is stull around

check ebay. dont be afraid to checl internet pricing for delers in other cities.

Yep...all the Internet sales managers are fighing against one another...I have one at my gym who sells benzes... :thumbsupsmileyanim: ...they usually know each others names, sales numbers, etc. but wont admit it....at least thats how it is here in LA.

Have you thought about buying an 06 motor? As soon as you drive that car out of the showroom, you loose a huge amount of money! Personally I would never buy a brand new car, can make a big saving on a year old car, haggle some more, and before you know it you have yourself a bargain!

Have you thought about buying an 06 motor? As soon as you drive that car out of the showroom, you loose a huge amount of money! Personally I would never buy a brand new car, can make a big saving on a year old car, haggle some more, and before you know it you have yourself a bargain!

thanx all you guys for the great info ! :thumbsupsmileyanim: ijust woke up & ready to go down to my local dealership & face off with those rouge sharks :rolleyes: ..

& to my friend above , yes i considered buying a 06 but the interest rate on a used car is 6.9%

vs the new care interest rate is only 1.9 % :thumbsupsmileyanim:

wish me luck guys ! see ya later & thanx again ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

thanx all you guys for the great info ! :thumbsupsmileyanim: ijust woke up & ready to go down to my local dealership & face off with those rouge sharks :rolleyes: ..

& to my friend above , yes i considered buying a 06 but the interest rate on a used car is 6.9%

vs the new care interest rate is only 1.9 % :thumbsupsmileyanim:

wish me luck guys ! see ya later & thanx again ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Good luck with your purchase. Set yourself a target price for the car, if they don't meet it try elsewhere. Once they have agreed to the price, see how many extra's you can get out of them :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I really hate buying cars, even if you get a great price the sales tax and other assorted government charges bumps it back up again, just maddening.

Here is one that works over here, wait until next week say Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning 30th/31st. Tell them you are willing to close the deal today you have had other prices. Do not reveal any prices to them. You want the best they can offer, most companies work on big rebates on targeted turnover, if they are one or two units away for the month they will deal. If the price is too high leave your phone number in case they have a change of mind. Also things are much quieter than at the weekend. If possible buy a vehicle in stock.

Cheers Johnkaz.

If you haven't made the purchase before reading this, check out the price information at edmunds.com.

Also, if you belong to Costco or similar groups (I think AAA does this also), you can use their pricing service to see if they come up with a better price.

Yesterday I went to a dealer to test drive a Camry Hybrid. It's the first time I've driven a hybrid. Nice car. But the salesman noted that there is very little haggle room on hybrids these days, but they are quite willing to negotiate on the sticker price of SUVs. So high gas prices AND the fact that 2008 models are just around the corner should give you some decent leverage.

Guest carlsbadrolex

As the owner of an 06 Xterra, 06 Armada, 06 Titan and an 07 Frontier CrewCab I can tell you that the deal you have been offered is not near what you should be able to get. If you havent bought the car already, let me know via PM and I can make a call for you. In my immediate family, we have 11 Nissans. All 06 or 07's. Lets just say my Sales Manager LOVES to see me!

man i wish i would of see your post b4 i bought my quest .

thanx for the offer though! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

ok guys here it is .

12 freakin long hours at my local nissan dealer ship :thumbdown: i hate buying freakin carsssssssssssss!!! :bangin: ..

i didnt get the 07 model to much $$$$ for my blood ..

i did go with an 06 nissan quest with only 5k miles on it a cream puff :thumbsupsmileyanim:

it also can with the original 3 year nissan warre :thumbsupsmileyanim: nty ! .

they took my 01 xterra trade in for $7,500 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

the price on the 06 was 17,900 - $7,500 trade in :thumbsupsmileyanim: i think i made out ok .

6.9 % used car rate ..

i hope i did ok .. thanx for all your help guys !

p.s. i hate frealin car dealerships man ! i got home yesterday at 11pm a freakin zombie !

those sales men are out for blood man !

288815-6751.jpg

288815-6752.jpg

288815-6753.jpg

288815-6754.jpg

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER