When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chronoswiss Tourbillon

warburg

I wish I had experuence with it but I just dont have the nerves to spend that much on one single replica -_- it must be a helluva watch. Enjoy!

Happy timekeeping

Gran :)

War, I was given a Chronoswiss Grand Regulateur from a friend on the board, so I don't know the watch origin or price. However, this watch is a fantastic piece. It's stylish and can be worn with either jeans or dressed up khakis and a sport coat. Quite a looker that gets compliments all the time. Not only that, it feels quite comfortable on the wrist and keeps perfect time. One of my favorites...and the Tourbillion I see on EL's gallery looks great … (If that's the one you got).

Let us know what you think.

well it should be a nice and good rep...but in case something goes wrong you will have big problems in getting it repaired...

Yes, that has occurred to me. :huh: The only hope would be to find skilled watch repair person on boards such as this one. Of course, I'm 75 years old, so it's a question of which of us is more likely to go first. :blink:

Edited by warburg

Watching a tourbillon in person is such a joy, it is worth the risks. I've personally held the asian version and a blancpain and both gave the same rush. Even if it breaks down in a few months would still be worth it, if for only a few moments you could consciously understand exactly what it was doing.

Why not? :huh:

A tourbillon is a very complicated movement and to be honest I'd doubt the rep makers have mastered the art of making a reliable tourbillon. (Look at the Asian 7750) There are people who have experienced failures on these movements. (And you can't repair it because there are no parts available)

I do own one of those tourbillons, It's running fine but it's a 'special occasions only' watch.

A tourbillon is a very complicated movement and to be honest I'd doubt the rep makers have mastered the art of making a reliable tourbillon. (Look at the Asian 7750) There are people who have experienced failures on these movements. (And you can't repair it because there are no parts available)

I do own one of those tourbillons, It's running fine but it's a 'special occasions only' watch.

Well, I was aware of statements to this affect on this board, so before I ordered I communicated my reservations about the rep tourbillon to Eddie Lee. He maintains that the movement is very reliable. He has sold 40 of these in the past two years and has had no reports of problems, :rolleyes: so I thought I'd take a chance.

Given the design of this Chronoswiss model, I think it will be a special occasions watch anyway. :)

• 2 years later...

The tourbillon might be a complicated piece or art, but maybe it is possible for a watch smith to give the movement a good service which will work as prevention? He does not need to take apart the balance [censored] with tourbillon to clean and oil the other parts right??

Just my 2 cents..

Cheers,

J.